Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 4:55:53 PM EDT
What can I say, 2003 was real bitch.  In December of 2003 a young kid ran a stop light at approx. 60 mph and drove into the side of my marked patrol unit.  After 80 minutes and two hydraulic pry tools (jaws of life) they got me out.  Long story short, it took me almost 14 months to get back to full duty but now it's time to get rid of the only thing that still troubles me, my left hip.  We'll see how it goes but it can't hurt any worse than it does now.  Here a couple pics of what was left of my patrol unit:

Wish me luck.  (For those that are wondering this will be surgery #10)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck, brother, hope you're fully back in the fight soon.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn!

You walked away were carried out alive?

to you and the FF's who cut you out!

Here's hoping you're "five by five" soon!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Double Damn.

Wow.  I'm sure most of us here know how often an impact like that gets a yellow sheet.

Speedy recovery, TLD.

NorCal

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish you a speedy recovery brother. Get well soon....we need you back in the fight.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you dog survive?  What did ya'll charge the kid with?  good luck with your replacement! prayers enrt

ETA: from the pictures above your lucky to be alive...count your blessings.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn. I hope your surgery goes well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad you're still around. Now just get through the surgery and break records with your recovery time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:25:25 AM EDT
[#9]
HO LEE Fuck.

Also wondering bout your pup.

Prayers are 10-76

Glocktastic in DFW
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.  To answer the questions:

The dog survived and still works the streets with his new handler.  It took almost 2 months of retraining before he would load up and ride in a vehicle again.

The kid wasn't injured and was only given a citation for FTYROW at a stoplight.  He wasn't drunk, just stupid.

The Dept. representatives got into their vehicles and went to my home to give my wife the death notification but I just wouldn't die, so they ended up putting her into a Patrol car and driving her to the Hospital.  I really am on my 2nd life.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet seeing those administration cars pull up scared the living shit out of her.  You sir are one lucky sob.  are you going after the kid or kids family civilly or what?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top