Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 11:12:58 AM EDT
In two months I turn 21, and I just remembered that I can apply for a C&R License (I had remembered being able to buy handguns and NFA goodies, but the C&R slipped my mine).

What do y'all recommend for a good site to look at to find the right paperwork and a guide through the whole process?

What are you favorite C&R guns? I've already owned M44s, Mausers, K31, etc etc.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
OMFG! All your Benjamins are belong to AIM.

Check out the C&R Forum in The Armory section: www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=14

RK Enterprises has a nice little setup that gets you all the necessary forms, a bound book, etc.

RK ENTERPRISES
2616 LAS POSITAS RD
SANTA BARBARA, CA 93105
(805) 687-1416 FAX (805) 687-4565

K-31s are the fo shizzle. Ammo is not really cheap.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
atf.gov is where I ordered the forms from. It took a couple of days to get them in the mail and the form is pretty self explanatory. You need to know who the head of your local law enforcement is because you will need his name/address on the form and he gets a completed copy as well.

Good info

the link has good info
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Mmmm, browsing the Gunbroker C&R section I see all kinds of Mausers (rifle and broomhandle pistol!), Russian Bolt Actions (M44s, M38s), M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, Hakims, Nagant Revolvers, 1911s, Enfields, Lugers, Shotguns, and even some SKSs.

Wow, this is going to get expensive once I get the license
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the ATF web site. Order the forms (you can't download them) they are free.

Fill out the forms, send a copy to the CLEO of your area, attach a check for $30 and mail it back to the ATF.

Should take four weeks or less.

If you get Shotgun News there are a lot of C&R type ads. Seems like the same places get the imports all the time. Imports come in shipments, so if its something you want get it fresh off the boat or else the price goes up or availability becomes an issue.

Effective January 12, 2006 a faxed copy of your C&R is acceptable instead of a mailed copy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Some day I'll be brave and get one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered 3 of the forms (in case I manage to botch a few while filling them out) from the BATFE to be sent to my home.

Does the C&R require fingerprints like NFA Applications do?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OMFG! All your Benjamins are belong to AIM.

Not to mention SOG, Centerfire Systems, Allans Armory, Classic Arms, J&G Sales, Interordnance, etc, etc.

And while you're sending out FFL copies, don't forget to send a copy to Brownells and Midway USA so you get dealer prices!

Man, is he going to be broke, broke, broke!  But hey, it's a good kind of broke!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top