Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 9:31:11 AM EDT
I haven't tried it yet, but can I wear my IWB holster under a tucked in dress shirt and slacks? (no jacket)

ETA:  no lol, I just gave it 10 seconds thought.  It wont work.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The supertuck?

Of course you can

ETA:

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I haven't tried it yet, but can I wear my IWB holster under a tucked in dress shirt and slacks? (no jacket)

it's called a supertuck, because it's super and you can tuck your shirt in
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a crossbreed holster, but I bought the hooks to enable me to conceal a Sparks VMII under a tucked shirt. I've used it a few times and I have no real complaints.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]

yes
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one and yes you can tuck it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't have a crossbreed holster, but I bought the hooks to enable me to conceal a Sparks VMII under a tucked shirt. I've used it a few times and I have no real complaints.

Those things are so damn stiff I could never get dressed. Maybe there's a learning curve. Did you get good at it?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The supertuck?
Of course you can

ETA:

Yeah, a supertuck.

In that video, I don't see the belt hooks.  Is that just because they are hard to see?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get hooks that hide behind your belt.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It works for me––-I do it all the time with slacks and dress shirt, no jacket, with a Glock 22.  My co-workers fail to notice, and once in a while I actually get grief for not carrying a weapon––-and these are people who *expect* me to be carrying a firearm.

ETA:  I do it with the J-hooks currently (black belt and black slacks helps here of course,) but I plan on purchasing another holster with the behind the belt clips (I think they are called V-clips,) in the future.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#10]
VM-II with a 1911 works tucked with the clips for me

half second to second slower on the draw than un-tucked

but it's not visible

and I don't look like a homeless dude when it's tucked
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes I can tuck my dress shirt such that I can wear my Xbbreed holster under a dress shirt.

I'm fairly husky though; a skinny guy might not get by with this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those things are so damn stiff I could never get dressed. Maybe there's a learning curve. Did you get good at it?

Yeah, I guess. It's a different manual of arms than just drawing from behind a concealment garment and I don't think I ever got enough repetitions to make it a habit. It worked well enough, but never really became natural for me to reach over with the left hand and jerk the shirt up, then draw from there.

Just a few hundred more times and I'll have it, though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I can never pull IWB with tucked in shirt, the bump is always noticeable..
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a problem at all.

When I tuck in a polo shirt I still carry my full size M&P .40.

When I'm wearing a tailored dress shirt I switch to my M&P 9c in the same horsehide Super Tuck, blouse my shirt a little,  and it disappears.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You are right.   The bump is always noticeable.  It's very, very obvious that you are carrying a gun.......................To you.  

99.9% of the people will never know.  Most people do not think that people CCW, so they don't look for it.  And why would they?  Do you think any sizeable amt. of the public is even remotely concerned about who is, or is not, carrying a gun?  NOPE.  The fat chick won Dancing With the Stars.  That's their main concern.

Now, put your gun on, tuck your shirt in and go out like you mean it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right.   The bump is always noticeable.  It's very, very obvious that you are carrying a gun.......................To you.  

99.9% of the people will never know.  Most people do not think that people CCW, so they don't look for it.  And why would they?  Do you think any sizeable amt. of the public is even remotely concerned about who is, or is not, carrying a gun?  NOPE.  The fat chick won Dancing With the Stars.  That's their main concern.

Now, put your gun on, tuck your shirt in and go out like you mean it.

That is so true; excellent advice.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife uses one with a tucked in work shirt. Not much different than a dress shirt.
You can see the hooks but most people wouldn't have clue what they are. If she doesn't tuck the shirt tight the bump isn't really noticeable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top