Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:18:28 PM EDT
Just got my IWB Versa-max holster by Milt Sparks in teh mail today for my 3" Kimber. I guess I'm just not used to the feel yet. It makes all my jeans too tight and I really can't tell that much of a difference in printing that a OWB holster with a loose shirt. Does anyone carry IWB? Any tips, tricks on the best way to carry a 3"1911 wearing jeans and a dress shirt untucked?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry either an HK USPc or Sig 229 IWB with the same holster.

Best advice I can give you is buy your pants about +1" bigger than your normal (sans holster) waist size and get a solid belt to secure the holster.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
1-2 inches bigger on the pants.

It feels wierd now, but you will get used to it. I carry mine IWB in a t-shirt. I have a Tucker Gunleather tho.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you snaps (buttons) hard as hell to snap. I have to put it down flat on the table and force them to get them to button
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quit wearing 80's era cootchie cutter pants!  Gotta let the boys breathe!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
USP 45 fullsize two spare mags
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Were you snaps (buttons) hard as hell to snap. I have to put it down flat on the table and force them to get them to button

Yes and no.  I have the 1.5" loops for the HK and 1.25" loops for the Sig.  Sig holster is harder to snap if I have a thicker belt.  HK holster snaps easily.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They are one-way snaps you sorta have to look for the dimple, and then place it under the rim of the snap and rotate it til it snaps!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are one-way snaps you sorta have to look for the dimple, and then place it under the rim of the snap and rotate it til it snaps!

Ahhh that seems to work!
thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top