Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 9:20:08 AM EDT

I've always heard Clark Howard talk about "Customer-No-Service"...

I have a lot of music purchaced on ITunes and recently, I can't burn any of it because I keep getting an error saying, "Disc Burner Software Not Found"...

That's BULLSHIT!

Every single one of my drivers is up to date and I'm running a GOOD gaming PC with dual DVD burners among other things.

DRU-800A
DW-Q28A

Since a few weeks ago, neither of them will burn with ITunes.

They'll work with everything else!

I paid good money to get all of these songs but, now they're useless because I can't play them anywhere else due to ITunes not being compatible with ANYTHING else!

They go to great lengths to HIDE their customer service numbers and even after I find them, I end up getting this:

1-800-676-2775. Choose menu option 1 for English, then menu option 2, and then menu option 1, and then menu option 3.

But wait! Here's what I got after I'd done all that:

If you're calling about a question relating to an iTunes music store purchase or gift certificate, please visit us on the Web at www.apple.com/support/iTunes and select the iTunes music store customer service link.

(Click! Dial tone.)

The fucking website DOES NOT HELP MY PROBLEM!

I'm not good at going ballistic over the phone and demanding service!

Does anyone know what number I can call to get proper service and, can help me fix my problem?

As soon as I get this problem fixed, I'm dropping ITunes but - that still does not help the money I have tied up in the music I bought from them...

Here's something I tracked down on Google...

Two years ago, my sister Patsy e-mailed me in distress because she couldn't locate a customer service number for Amazon.com. With a little sleuthing, I was able to discover that the number is 1-800-201-7575. To this day, publishing Amazon.com's customer service number (not once, but twice; I'll probably do it again when the Christmas shopping season rolls around) is my most profound contribution to the commonweal. When I die, I expect my tombstone to read: "He published Amazon's customer service number. Those bastards tried to keep it a secret, but he found it, bless him, and he splashed it all over the Web."

Patsy e-mailed me again today, in distress once again because she'd been charged $3.96 for four songs she'd never purchased on iTunes. Once again, she could find no customer service number. Once again, I found it for her. This one was a lot easier to find—so much so that I wondered why Patsy couldn't track it down herself via Google. The number was:

1-800-676-2775. Choose menu option 1 for English, then menu option 2, and then menu option 1, and then menu option 3.

But wait! Here's what I got after I'd done all that:

If you're calling about a question relating to an iTunes music store purchase or gift certificate, please visit us on the Web at www.apple.com/support/iTunes and select the iTunes music store customer service link.

(Click! Dial tone.)

A classic bait-and-switch.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Every time I've had that problem I reboot and it goes away. But you do know that anything you buy from iTunes you can only record to a cd 3 or 4 times. Any attempt after that it doesn't allow you to do it.

FYI there are iTunes alternatives that have been created. This is one www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/ctable.php There are others, and I recommend using Google to find the one you like. Also, there are ways to convert your music out of the format it's currently in. Google will also help you find those as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Itunes is trash....  www.musicmatch.com   Been using it for about 7 years now... even has it's own Ipod plugin software so you can hook up your Ipod.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Every time I've had that problem I reboot and it goes away. But you do know that anything you buy from iTunes you can only record to a cd 3 or 4 times. Any attempt after that it doesn't allow you to do it.

FYI there are iTunes alternatives that have been created. This is one www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/ctable.php There are others, and I recommend using Google to find the one you like. Also, there are ways to convert your music out of the format it's currently in. Google will also help you find those as well.

I didn't know that...

I've done it about that many times because I use CD-RWs and I keep them up to date with my playlist.

That's fucked up...

I'm going to try out that converter...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you trying to burn discs with a mix of mp3 files and iTunes format files?  If so, that has been a common problem lately.  Try burning a disc of only iTunes format files, then re-rip it as mp3's if needed.  I am in the process of converting everything I have to mp3's so I can ditch the iTunes player.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Not true, you just can't burn an identical playlist more than 5 times.  Which is kinda logical, why would you do that if not to distribute?  All you have to do to burn the songs is create a different playlist.

I was confused by that years ago, but then found out the truth.

One easy thing to do with itunes, once you get a CD full of music, burn it(on a CD-RW if you don't really want a copy burnt), and immediately use the itunes rip feature to create MP3s from the CD, then you will have normal MP3s and they will keep the song names from the original burn.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]
How do I convert M4ps to any other file type such as MP3s?

ETA: So I can chuck ITunes...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Theres a program out there that will rip the BS outta the iTunes songs. I cant remember the name of the program. If you want to IM me and I will send it to you when I get home. I think I still have the program.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Burn a music disc with iTunes, then re-rip from the disc as mp3's.  You can do it with iTunes if you set it up to import music as mp3 files.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Burn a music disc with iTunes, then re-rip from the disc as mp3's.  You can do it with iTunes if you set it up to import music as mp3 files.

I can't burn the music with iTunes anymore and it won't let me convert the music to MP3s because "protected files cannot be converted to other formats"...

I'll send you an IM with my MSN WHITE_WOLFE.

IM me on ARFCOM with the way you'd like to transfer it...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I answered my own question...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top