Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 10:41:44 AM EDT
TPMS sensors.   Yeah, I need to spend an extra $200 for sensors for winter tires so something can tell me if my tire pressure is low.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
CARB Compliant Gas Cans.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
GCFI outlets, switches, breakers  for fuck's sake, leave the goddamn power on, if I wanted it off i would turn the mother fucker off

toilets that don't work

dish washing detergent that doesn't clean

laundry detergent that doesn't clean

car doors that lock magically cuz you're too stupid to hit the little button yourself

car lights that come on magically cuz you're too stupid to know when ti's dark (honestly though, given what I see, this one may actually be a good idea)

car headlights that stay on all the time because everyone else is too stupid to see a 2 ton 20 foot long vehicle.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Strike anywhere matches that don't light anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yard darts. I miss yard darts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
car lights that come on magically cuz you're too stupid to know when ti's dark (honestly though, given what I see, this one may actually be a good idea)
View Quote

Seems most of them only turn on the headlights and dash lights, so people drive around thinking their lights are on but their ass end isn't lit. It's made the problem worse, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Odd on the toilets. The old ones I can plug often even the power ones at work too. My new low flow ones at home I have never plugged. How I have no idea. TPMS while annoying and $$$ dose save lives.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Odd on the toilets. The old ones I can plug often even the power ones at work too. My new low flow ones at home I have never plugged. How I have no idea. TPMS while annoying and $$$ dose save lives.
View Quote
So would wearing helmets in the car,  or requiring all children to be buckled into a safety pod,   or requiring all cars to be limited to 45mph,  or monthly  safety inspections of all vehicles,  or breathalyzer interlocks on all cars...  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Magnets  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I never saw spray paint regulated.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Is TPMS .gov mandated?  I didn't think it was.

Answer:

shitty Gas cans.

shitty detergents.

shitty gas.

no lawn darts.

Healthcare fucked up 87 ways.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yard darts. I miss yard darts.
View Quote

This X 87.  I wish someone would start making these again... just sell them as throwing knives.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Seat belts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#15]
TPMS is government mandated on all new vehicles.  

There is a better way.  BMW has done it for 15 years.  It uses the steering angle sensor, wheel speed sensors and traction/ABS module to tell if one wheel is turning slower or faster than the rest.  the assumption (based on the fact that all tires should be the same circumfrence) is that one tire is low on pressure.  The system works awesome and requires 0 additional parts.  It is only a problem if some dumbo has 4 different brand shitty tires on a car and 2 of them are worn to cords.  Or if you run staggered tires that are not the same rolling diameter.  Otherwise, it works amazingly. Unfortunately that was too simple and even BMW was forced to have active TPMS by the gubment.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Merry-go-rounds.  I never see those anymore, unless it's some out-of-the-way small town park that time forgot.

Great way for kids to understand centrifugal/centripetal force whichever the fuck one it is.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I live in a relatively free state. The only thing I can think of is my health insurance used to be affordable. Now it's not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just the other week I needed a can of spray paint to make a sign and I went through self checkout at the Walmart.  I had to wait for the supervisor to come over and key in their code stating that I was over 18 and was allowed to purchase my paint.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
No CFC's, Lowered the VOC's, removed the lead. And some places ask for ID when you buy it.

It's debatable whether or not if it's better or worse. Personally, I think the older versions performed better and last longer.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#21]
light bulbs
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#22]
gas cans and spray paint
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So would wearing helmets in the car,  or requiring all children to be buckled into a safety pod,   or requiring all cars to be limited to 45mph,  or monthly  safety inspections of all vehicles,  or breathalyzer interlocks on all cars...  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's mandate 10 point roll cages in every vehicle. Annoying to climb over, but think of the children!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I miss good water pressure in the shower, goddaammit!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#25]
The TPMS is broken on every single company vehicle where I work. And nobody has died. Weird.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Safer drivers are the tool for safety....
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No CFC's, Lowered the VOC's, removed the lead. And some places ask for ID when you buy it.
It's debatable whether or not if it's better or worse. Personally, I think the older versions performed better and last longer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I meant to say is I never USED to see it regulated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top