Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2002 10:03:28 AM EDT
Seems like most of the people on here are pretty computer savvy so I was wondering if you all could give me some suggestions for a good ISP. I started with AOL(free year came with the comp. and it's against my religion to turn down anything that is free),couple weeks ago I switched to Outdoors Unlimited which turns out to be slower than AOL(hard to believe but true), and keeps kicking me offline,not to mention multiple attempts to get online in the first place. I would prefer something that is "freedom friendly" ie. isn't anti-gun. Thanks in advance,Greg.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 10:33:12 AM EDT
Socket is very good if they're in your area. Been using them for about 9 months and have rarely been kicked off line. Cheap too. 19.95 a month.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:09:54 AM EDT
Try AT&T WorldNet, i have had good result with them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:12:57 AM EDT
I say screw Dial up connections. IF you have access to cable or DSL GET IT. Always on always connected and lots of speed. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:13:22 AM EDT
To: gman350 Cox has a good ISP if it is provided in your area. I also suggest going with a cable modem if you can, they are great and fast.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:16:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kuryakyn: I say screw Dial up connections. IF you have access to cable or DSL GET IT. Always on always connected and lots of speed. [rolleyes]
View Quote
This is the best overall advice you will receive. Broadband is SO very much better than dial up. You will never want to go back. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:06:14 AM EDT
Thanks for the help! Actually I called up Outdoors Unlimited and they gave me a new number to dial in to. Since then it's been zippin' right along. I am writing down all your suggestions, cause you just never know. As for broadband, until the price comes down or my income goes up I'm gonna have to pass. It's running in the $50 and up range around here, OU is $19.95 with 5% going to GOA. Thanks again,Greg
Top Top