Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 6:10:46 PM EDT
A CW3 and CW4 in my MOS have been recalled, and are here at Fort Leonard Wood for refresher training. They both have been out 8 or 9 years, but are more than willing to go and do what has to be done. They are doing thier refresher training in the same building as us and doing some of the same classes. One guy was talking the other day about shooting an M4 for the first time and said it was a long way from the M1 Garand he carried his first 5 years in! These guys are a wealth of experience to learn from.

But on the funny side, one guy who was a former E-3 or somewhat decieded an IRR activation was his trip away from a few warrants he had. He made up some fake orders wih a fake name, and even promoted himself. But it didn't take long for them to figure it out.

CW5(P) James Thomas Kirk is headed toLeavenworth now.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
P as in promotable.

CW% is not CWO of the Army, just the most senior WO grade. But you damm sure are not a CW5 at 33, and definitly never promotable!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:24:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Got here at FLW last week.  FLW changed alot since I've last been here.  Thurman hall is new and the buildings further north werent there before.  The Sapper Lounge is renamed the "Tri-Corps Lounge".  Lots of Marines, Seabees, and Air Force personnel walking around.  

So far, we've done MDMP, Terrain Analysis/Geospatial imaging, Construction Mgmt/CPM, TCMS, and FBCB2 training.  For refresher training, we are doing Phase II of RC-EOAC plus some other stuff.

We're staying at the old WWII barracks near the airfield. No internet access around here except at Clarke Library.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Got here at FLW last week.  FLW changed alot since I've last been here.  Thurman hall is new and the buildings further north werent there before.  The Sapper Lounge is renamed the "Tri-Corps Lounge".  Lots of Marines, Seabees, and Air Force personnel walking around.  

So far, we've done MDMP, Terrain Analysis/Geospatial imaging, Construction Mgmt/CPM, TCMS, and FBCB2 training.  For refresher training, we are doing Phase II of RC-EOAC plus some other stuff.

We're staying at the old WWII barracks near the airfield. No internet access around here except at Clarke Library.

My phone #s in your AKO email, call me if you need anything or want to grab a beer. You can find me in the Pershing Club every Thursday.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]
my unit in Baghdad  has gotten some IRR replacements, them are taking their mobalization in stride and so far have good attitudes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top