Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 7:14:52 PM EDT
If an assault rifle manufactured before the ban was smuggled to the IRA and was turned in by them during their dissarmament. Then was purchased in Ireland, could it not be brought back here legally. Aftre all it was not manufactured for export, wasnt manufactured outside the country, was never legally exported. It would legeally belong in this country wouldnt it? I mean of course a semi-auto weapon that would have been legal here in the first place.
Just curious, after all, I dont Imagine anyone could actually get one of these. But they must exist.
Legal minds, what say you all?
BP
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
the gun would never be able to be purchased from the irish or english govt, all guns turned in would be destroyed.
im not sure if the irish can even own any type of guns in ireland, maybe a few simple long guns but definetly not pistols ow AWs.

lets say its a bolt action 22lr, that was never used by the IRA and never turned, just some old farmer who had it for shooting rats.
it would most likely never be able to be imported into the US legally, IF you could it would be tons of red tape, would probably have to get a firearms import company to handle it, and if they could it would i assume be a very costly procedure.
in other words not worth it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top