Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:15:51 PM EST
IBTP
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:20:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By Schulze:
IBTP

dang your FAST
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:22:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 5:23:09 PM EST by dolanp]
Well if we DO stop them we sort of become the instigators of WW3. If we don't stop them we may end up allowing them to start WW3. Tough call either way.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:27:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By dolanp:
Well if we DO stop them we sort of become the instigators of WW3. If we don't stop them we may end up allowing them to start WW3. Tough call either way.

WWIII is over, this is War IV, and honestly, it's been fought for a long time now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:33:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By macman37:

Originally Posted By dolanp:

WWIII is over, this is War IV, and honestly, it's been fought for a long time now.

I don't understand how people don't realize that we've been in WWIV for a number of years...what are they thinking?

We have to stop any/everything we can. We have no choice if our families, children and grandchildren are going to survive. Let the Lord figure out the rest...we've got to do our part.

HH
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:01:46 PM EST

we could attack BUT then we might see war from Afghanistan to Syria
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:38:18 PM EST

btt for more votes
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:41:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 12:45:57 PM EST by AROptics]
Iran, Iran, Iran. Fixated anyone?

I'm looking forward? to some seriously crazy shit should we attack them. Chem and Bio is old news for them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:46:48 PM EST
A more realistic poll option would have been...

It's inevitable that Iran is getting NUKES, but we won't stop'em.

We arent going to do a damn thing.
If we do intervene, the media will crucify this administration.
I dont know why the left is winning in this country, but it seems to be.
i havent been able to figure it out, and God i hope that I am dead wrong, but the political structure in this country seems to have collapsed into concession toward the other world powers.

Without a major coalition effort that would have to include the entire EU, I dont see us pulling another Iraq out of this. I think a lot of our response in the next year will be bound to how China and Russia position themselves.

No two ways about it, its going to be ugly....but frankly, some other nation needs to take the lead on this one. Iran isnt our battle to fight. Let Irans neighbors deal with the threat for once. Am I the only one that is a little tired of the US being the only country that cleans up every mess around the globe? I think its time some other regimes paid their dues. Havent we done enough to promote political evolution in the middle east? Are we the only country that gives a shit?

Nope - we arent going to do a damn thing.
Why?
Because it isnt popular....and that is a really fucking stupid reason, but its the one I believe we will all see made.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:53:25 PM EST
we must close the mine shaft gap and doomsday gap immediately!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:59:31 PM EST

They WILL get nukes - and they WILL use them via NGOs against Israel and us.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:04:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 1:06:00 PM EST by cnatra]

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

NGOs

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:05:11 PM EST
Iran will someday have nuclear weapons. What they do with them will be the question. If they are actually insane enough to use them it will be the end of them pretty much forever. Most of America wouldn't want to throw the first punch so to speak but if they were to actually attack us? Even the most liberal tree hugger would be ready to turn their crappy little country into a huge wasteland with plenty of parking.They most likely would want to use their nukes on Israel which would also be a huge mistake. Right now it's sit and wait and honestly we don't need anymore enemies in the middle east.I am also tired of America being the worlds cop but when were the last superpower sometimes that's the way it goes. I also like Pie.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:06:22 PM EST
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2571140

^ do not hot link.

title of thread: "What will happen if we bomb Iran?"
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:07:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 1:08:01 PM EST by The_Macallan]

Originally Posted By cnatra:

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:
NGOs

Non-government organizations.

Al Qaeda etc.

Untraceable to Iran.

They get to nuke us, in response we swat at flies in the desert.

Just like we've been doing for the past 5 years.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:34:48 PM EST
I'm kind of torn between a revised choices 1 and 5.

1 - It's inevitable, Iran is getting NUKES, we can't stop'em one way or the other

5 - Iran's leader's are windbags, they won't get nukes and will be getting nukes one way or the other

I'm leaning towards #5 though. They're windbags that haven't learned a lesson about empty braggatry a la Saddam Husein. But that doesn't mean they aren't actually trying to build one either. So, one way or the other, they may actually get a nuke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:35:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 1:38:00 PM EST by Sturmwehr]
Iran likely already HAS nuclear capability.

What the hell are you talking about?

There has been no WWIII.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:39:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sturmwehr:

What the hell are you talking about?

There has been no WWIII.

were you asleep during the whole Cold War thing?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:41:25 PM EST
What they do with the nukes they will get is the real question. I do not see us turning them into a glass parking lot for 1 nuclear explosion, but I do see another Iraqi like invasion and occupation.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:44:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/15/2006 1:45:45 PM EST by Sturmwehr]

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

were you asleep during the whole Cold War thing?

Although lives were lost on both sides during service of the period, calling the cold war "World War III" is absurd.

It was much more espionage and military buildup than it ever was a war... And when you consider the only "war" we fought against our enemy for that time (Communism), it becomes quite difficult to say that it was a "world war." For a world war to occur, a war across the world generally has to be fought... and two nation's forces sitting at the border watching each other generally does not qualify as such. So for the Cold War being "World War III"...

It was anything but.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:55:17 PM EST
I've never seen such a assbackwards cuntry just ASKING TO HAVE THEIR ASS KICKED in a major way than Iran. Be careful what you wish for. www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/15/060415084241.xdv0o3w3.html
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:11:02 PM EST
Yes they have lied about the program for 20 yrs.. but look at it from the Iranian's point of view, Who i might add signed the non-proliferation treaty..unlike India,Pakistan and isreal. They are surrounded by Nuclear armed nations...Who also fund terrorism. If India, Pakistan and Isreal have the bomb why cant they?

They pose no threat to the us. We hold nuclear supremacy..Tri-ad delivery system.

They pose a threat to Isreal, This is why its being hyped to the level it is today. Isreal is said to have the far more advances of nuclear technology in the world, Let the jews sort it out.

You dont see Iran shooting Nukes over Japan..

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:45:32 PM EST
Some interesting info...

...and bump.

FWIW I wasn't convinced (or aware enough) to call the Cold War "WWIII" until I got to reading a bit. It was a "cold" (non-shooting for the most part) war, but "War" is part of the name. Thus, it was the third world war. And a big war with the Iranians has the very real possibility of becoming another world war, hence, WWIV.

Stock up, it could be an interesting late-summer boys and girls.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:51:16 PM EST
That was the COLD WAR NOT WW3

What was the War of 1812?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:55:18 PM EST
Top Top