Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:31:22 AM EDT
There was a thread a while back discussing MP3 players. Could someone post a link for that. I was thinking about getting my wife one for Christmas but I don't know a thing about them.Thanks Zeek
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#1]
apple.com      
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Get her a Ipod, she'll love it.

There is a good reason they own something like 80% of the market
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I received one as a gift a month ago (30 GB) and I've always kind of poo pooed apple.  Now that I have it, I see why it so popular.  They really do great usability.  It's a great product from the packaging on.

R.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Ipods are great. I have been through several mp3 players and this one is the best hands down.
They are rechargableable, so you have to send them in to get the battery replaced eventually, or order an aftermarket and do it yourself. Itunes is easy to use and the user interface on the Ipod itself is so simple, that a caveman could operate it. Get her one, she will love it.

[/caveman]I'll have the roasted duck with mango sauce[caveman]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:29:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ipods are great. I have been through several mp3 players and this one is the best hands down.
They are rechargableable, so you have to send them in to get the battery replaced eventually, or order an aftermarket and do it yourself. Itunes is easy to use and the user interface on the Ipod itself is so simple, that a caveman could operate it. Get her one, she will love it.

[/caveman]I'll have the roasted duck with mango sauce[caveman]

+ 1

I was given an I-Pod NANO and I love it! I was up and running within 20-minutes downloading music into the i-Pod. Its an amazing piece of technology. In addition, I wasn't too keen on having to use my own credit-card to buy music on-line but apparently you can you all sorts of generic gift-cards. I've been going to the local mall here and buying thier "gift-card" visas. I buy them in $25 increments and use this card to buy more songs on-line. No problems whatsoever!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I will also concur. I was given an Ipod Nano 4GB and think it is great. I had a Sony MP3 player I bought 3-4 yrs ago. It used 128Mb cards and Proprietery software. It was a pain in the ass, and did not hold much for an MP3 player. It was tiny and good at the time, but doesnt compare to the nano!

I am using my Sony PSP Logitech external speaker setup with the Ipod in my Office and Gym so I can workout without headphones on.

My only gripe is I cannot find something to hold this thing when I run. I have to hold it in my hand and I am worried my sweat is going to seep in eventually. Oh yeah and this thing has done a few dozen divebomb onto the ground while exercising. Its pretty tough.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to ipod lounge and look for a review of the different iPods. They have arm bands for the Nano that work for running. Lots of other information as well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have some mp3 songs on my computer already.  Can I load them on to an Ipod, or do I have to buy them again?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got my wife the 30G with Video screen for $299 at Wal mart.They  had 2 left and were the only ones in about a 100 mile radius that had them in stock.Didnt wan tto blow that much dough but I didnt have much of a chance if I was going to get one at all.

Now what accessories do I need to get with it.I want to get a Bose station for the house,anything else is a must have for one?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have some mp3 songs on my computer already.  Can I load them on to an Ipod, or do I have to buy them again?

You just have to import them into iTunes. and you're all set.

I've only bought 15 of the 2,000 songs on my iPod from iTunes. The store is just a little bonus to the software.

oh and +1 on an iPod
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just got my wife the 30G with Video screen for $299 at Wal mart.They  had 2 left and were the only ones in about a 100 mile radius that had them in stock.Didnt wan tto blow that much dough but I didnt have much of a chance if I was going to get one at all.

Now what accessories do I need to get with it.I want to get a Bose station for the house,anything else is a must have for one?

a good carrying case. The one down side is the iPods scratch easily. I recommend the iSkin Evo 3. It is a great rubberized case/cover.
www.iskin.com/eVo3gallery/features.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

a good carrying case. The one down side is the iPods scratch easily. I recommend the iSkin Evo 3. It is a great rubberized case/cover.
www.iskin.com/eVo3gallery/features.html

Thanks!Anything Else I need right off the bat to get started?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#14]
zeekh, this is the link you asked about.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Ipods are great, i have an older20 gig 4G-nonphoto model and i still love it
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#16]
IPODs are worth the cash, she'll definity like it, if not you could use it then
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top