Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 11:31:23 AM EDT
Translated by the BBC in their European Press Roundup
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madrid's El Pais reports that Spain's chief of defence staff, General Felix Sanz Roldan, has called for "a little more balance" in his country's military relationship with the US.

"We give a lot and receive little in return," the paper quotes the general as saying on Monday.

"In the military sphere, which is the one I am qualified to talk about," he added, "I believe that the relationship could be more even."

The paper says that General Roldan had "expressed surprise at the difficulties" being raised by Nato for the financing of works such as the building of a new pier at the Rota naval base, which is used by the US.

Madrid's ABC argues that "it is unthinkable to seek a balanced military relationship because Spain is not as relevant strategically to Washington as the US is... to our own security."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever he is smoking I want some!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Vet para el cono de tu madre maricon cobarde hijo de puta gallego de mierda!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't we kicked their ass hundred and some years ago?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Vet para el cono de tu madre maricon cobarde hijo de puta gallego de mierda!

Sí señor  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, Spain's giving us zero support at the moment.  What is he complaining about?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Maybe I DO need glasses...

I thought this thread was about Spanish Genital Warts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top