Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2004 9:47:21 PM EDT
I think that I understand the feeling that Admin. must get when they put in all of this hard work and people (like yours truly) complain that they don't like it.

Well, I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL!

Members began to post their gripes on the AR forum and the thread was promptly locked. That action says "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT - LEAVE".

I appreciate all of the hard work and good intentions, but IMHO they're misguided. This site is now a pain to read, it's too wide, too slow, too dark, and the colors suck, to name a few things.

My apologies if you guys are working on fixing things, but if not my gripes still stand.
AND IF I DON'T LIKE IT I'LL LEAVE........ and let the sponsors who get much of my disposable income know exactly why.

And that's just how it is in this cold, cruel world!
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#2]
GoatBoy,
               Either you didn't read my post fully and proceeded to fire off your thinly-disguised "I don't give a shit about what you think, there are millions more readers out there" type of answer - or - you're so strongly conditioned to any criticism towards you that your reading comprehension skills have deteriorated below the third grade level.

You say that you're still working on the site. Did you miss the part of my post where I apologized in advance for my quick criticism, if in fact these newly instituted changes are still a work in progress?

You imply that I lack patience and understanding while at the same time you exhibit those same faults that you are so quick to accuse me of. I'll bet that customer service is not in the context of your 'real world' vocation, that is if you have a real job. Whether you realize it or not, you are selling a service to your sponsors. If you have the gall to suggest that your sponsors do not care about one customers concerns perhaps these sponsors should be made well aware of that.

You have shown by your answer to me that you posess a 'big-headed' attitude. Businesses do not ultimately survive when those who are in a position of power adopt your methods of dealing with complaints, as petty as these complaints might seem to you.

BTW - I don't threaten to take certain actions. I'm just giving you advance notification.

But that's OK, there are millions of others out there........ aren't they?
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Juan,
Quit being selfless selfish

Oh yeah.  Nemo switch to decaf and enjoy life a little.  No need to be all stressed out over trivial things
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]
GoatBoy,
             Oh, was I the first one throwing stones in this thread? After reading your response to my first post you could have fooled the hell out of me! Or do you consider your insults to me perfectly alright, but not vice versa? What an ego!

Hoplite,
            You are right. This is not worth any more hassle. I'm done with it. It obviously doesn't matter anyway. I am, after all.............   Mr Nemo!
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I for 1 like the speed of the new site, looks good too. Thanks for all the hard work
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
MrNemo308, thanks for having the balls to step up to the plate and tell that pompous egomaniac goatboy just what you think.

The guy acts he owns the site or something, SHEESH!
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 2:55:46 AM EDT
[#9]
goatboy is a real person?

eta: oh never mind i deleted my own comments so staff didn't have to.

GB you need to release some of the pent up crap you been holding in anyway, good job on bitch slapping him. why don't you take tonight off and spend some time with the family, seriously we can survive one more day without some  "tweaking of the site"
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Fer fuck's sake man, lighten up.

This is a big improvement over the previous incarnation of the board.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 5:27:43 AM EDT
[#11]
For a guy who's been registered for a whole four months, you talk a lot of crap.  

You really need to stand down before you make any more of an ass of yourself.

Link Posted: 4/27/2004 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Did I accidently type ak-47.net?
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Alright GB, time to take it to EdSr's Bear Pit !  

Hey, I have an idea for the new site....  GB's Goat Pit!
Go a few rounds with GB...  
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh yeah.. almost forgot a bitch I have about the "improvements".

The pages load all fast and everything.  I used to be able to surf around the net, while waiting for pages to load.  Now, they load right up.  And I was learning some HTML coding so I could post pictures and adjust text.  Now it's all just at the click of a button.  Oh the humaninty!
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Ah, fuck off.......
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I keep looking but I cant find the FTFU you stupid cock sucker icon.

GB take a break. You are working TOO hard if you thought this needed a reply.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Go a few rounds with GB...  

HIS WIFE MIGHT GET MAD
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#18]
MrNemo308  

Could you please send Goatboy $375,000.00 cash in unmarked bills.  

I'm sure he will quit his real job and concentrate on your AR15.com site.  

Goatboy, Keep up the great work.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#19]
… doesn't even contribute fiancially to the site, yet wants it run his way?
Ignore Him GoatBoy, damn fine work you've put in, take a holiday, you deserve it

Andy
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#20]
"Lighten up, Francis"mrnemo
The members here are very glad to have someone like Goatboy, working to make this a better site.
More positive responses.. less negative are needed
Goatboy, your doing a fantastic job keeping this site going. We don't need negative input at this time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#21]
GoatBoy,

Thaks for all your hard work.

MJ
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:06:40 AM EDT
[#22]
"You can please all of the people some of the time and
You can please some of the people all of the time, but
You cannot please all of the people all of the time." - Abe Lincoln

My only complaint with the new system is that my log-in is no longer automatic and it takes me three screens to get to the forums.

On the plus side, the site seems to be much faster. I'll get used to it and soon forget how the old format worked...

Regards, Ray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top