Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:25:59 PM EDT
I heard this on the local Fox affliate's news just a few minutes ago.  IMO's is a chain of pizza places that are a favorite in St. Louis.  One of their drivers was killed last October.  Other's have been assaulted.  The owner stated that if they were going to drive for him they had to be able to protect themselves.   WOW!  I don't even like pizza, but this makes me want to order one.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
D'OH!

too bad we dont live there anymore--hubby would be in heaven

ETA:  their pizza is the best--i miss it terribly  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet

tag

i bet they're going to get sued by some libtard who thinks guns are icky and that this new rule "creates a hostile work environment" or some other such BS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Good I love Imos pizza.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WOW!  I don't even like pizza, but this makes me want to order one.  

You're in luck, because I've heard many people claim that IMO's isn't really pizza at all.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're in luck, because I've heard many people claim that IMO's isn't really pizza at all.  

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they are going to have alot more late pizzas......

Imagine at every stop, the pizza guy and home/gunowner comparing heat:

Pizzaguy: Sir here's your large pepporoni.

Gunower: Hey thanks, BTW, what are you packing this evening?

Pizzaguy: S&W J-frame.

Gunower: Really? how do you like it?

Etc....Etc...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DK-Prof is here all week, folks. Try the veal!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for them.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The IMO's that used to be near my house closed down last year, not saying I would resort to violence to get another one but it is good stuff. Seriously though, that is a very employee loyal owner to insist that his drivers stay safe. Good to hear, that he values the lives of his staff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget to tip the waitress!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Pepperoni.... check.
Mushrooms.... check.
Peppers, onions, or favorite armoatic... check.
Hogleg... check.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My friend a long time ago in the 90s had a home made T-shirt that said: "Driver carries less than 20.00 but does carry .357" He used to be a pizza guy for Pizza Hut back then and one time he wore that shirt in to work and his boss told him to "take it off, cover it up or go home".

Makes me wish I was not on a restrictive diet otherwise I'd be ordering IMO's pizzas again. The girl that was killed came from a local IMO's that I have ordered from before when at a friend's house in Kirkwood. Good for them I say.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone needs to post a "dinner pic" of an Imo's pizza with whatever the driver is carrying that night.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]

No More Stiffin the Pizza boy for Tips !

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]
there goes the "element of suprise" now that they announced it on the news.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#16]
tag.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Goin back to visit STL for the weekend, lived there for about six years back in the 90's.  Forgot about the glorious cardboard with sauce that is IMOs...however it will still never hold a candle to stl's own toasted ravioli...mmmm  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes, but if I was a bad guy, I would more likely order from a different pizza chain, most likely national, like Pizza Hut
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Ah....IMO's.....not as good as Pirrone's in Florissant.......but nothing is.........good to see they get to carry though.....good for em.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think they are going to have alot more late pizzas......

Imagine at every stop, the pizza guy and home/gunowner comparing heat:

Pizzaguy: Sir here's your large pepporoni.

Gunower: Hey thanks, BTW, what are you packing this evening?

Pizzaguy: S&W J-frame.

Gunower: Really? how do you like it?

Etc....Etc...

Exactly.

HH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget to tip the waitress!  

Is the 7:30 show different from the 9:30 show?

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Love Imo's... double bacon, extra cheese. Yum.

And the wingz aren't bad, either!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but if I was a bad guy, I would more likely order from a different pizza chain, most likely national, like Pizza Hut

That's funny, if I was a bad guy, and wanted a gun, I'd definitely order from that place. While I'm getting my change from the delivery boy, my partner can brain him with a Louisville slugger from behind. Hell, you could even order it to some strangers house, and jack him in a place of your choosing.

The media really dropped the ball by reporting this. These drivers are now in even more danger than before. This is a case of a good thing gone horribly wrong. Now when one of the drivers gets his gun stolen, it will be all over the news and used as evidence for the antis.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Will they take ammo for tips?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I am sure they are more concerned with detering crime than smoking every shit ass around.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's funny, if I was a bad guy, and wanted a gun, I'd definitely order from that place. While I'm getting my change from the delivery boy, my partner can brain him with a Louisville slugger from behind. Hell, you could even order it to some strangers house, and jack him in a place of your choosing.

The media really dropped the ball by reporting this. These drivers are now in even more danger than before. This is a case of a good thing gone horribly wrong. Now when one of the drivers gets his gun stolen, it will be all over the news and used as evidence for the antis.

My thoughts exactly.  Seems more logical to allow carrying than to mandate it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#27]
If you were a bad guy looking for a gun, what kind of gun can you expect from a pizza delivery guy?
Hi-Point?
Raven?
A rusted .32?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I think it's a good idea, but announcing it to the world is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If that held true, they'd be waiting around the corner with a bat and jacking cops all day long. Let see, a car, a uniform, several guns, radio to monitor cops movement, etc.

Only time will tell but I believe the opposite. There have been a number of instances with similar situations in the past where it was publically announced that persons were arming up and it turned out to be an effective deterant. Hell, here in FL, they used to rob the mini-marts daily. Now that Habib packs heat, and they have carried a number of bodies out of the mini marts, the punks stick to robbing banks, no guards, no weapon needed just a note on a burger wrapper will get you some cash.

I do hope that Imo's owner does get his employees some decent training though. That's where his real liability exists.

Another alernative is to get the cops to deliver pizza's
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#30]
sweet!!

same problem happened in my old neighborhood so much they stopped delivering
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I do hope that Imo's owner does get his employees some decent training though. That's where his real liability exists.

I didn't catch it all.  THe guy did mention training, but I wasn't sure whether he meant the CCL required class (mostly classroom) or something else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top