Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/17/2001 4:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2001 4:52:39 PM EDT by AFARR]
A couple of questions: 1. Does anyone know when Ottawa (the Buffalo Pit) opens? 2. Anyone up for a shoot there or elsewhere near Chicago? I stocked up on ammo over the winter, have a few new toys that need breaking in, and have a real itch to smell some burned powder. AFARR PS--I also have multiple exams coming up in April (the latter half), and would like to blow off some steam before hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:01:12 PM EDT
Buffalo range opens 'sometime' in April according to the recording of the range phone. I have a new SAR1 that I want ot break in. The only place I like to shoot now is there, I like the lack of rules. Steve
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:21:06 PM EDT
I am looking forward to our next Buffalo get-together, I hope we can have a cookout again. I'm feeling the need to shoot some of Grin & Barrett's toys!! [:D] [heavy] COLTSHORTY GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:16:57 PM EDT
I missed the cookout, but made it for one of the shoots at the pit. Based on G & B's toys, I got a State Arms Knob Creek 2000 (and I put a deposit on a used Barrett M82--but that won't be paid for until summer). I also bought an HK 94 that will go away at the end of the summer for a conversion (and my poor Brother will have to have it registered to him until I move and can get it transfered back to me). A couple of the new toys--Yugo and Chinese AK-47's (pre-ban), Dragunov TIGR, Benelli M3, DSA Standard rifle, and the FNC that is on the way to my dealer now (traded my HK 91 for that one)--and since this is the AR board, I finally got an upper (M-4) for my Lightweight Sporter lower--need to see what all the fuss is about for the M-4's.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:04:08 PM EDT
i will be up for a shoot. we/i need to find out when the place opens, then set up a date and hope i doesn't rain.
Top Top