Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 1:48:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I played the demo and loved it.  Much better than anything Microsuck has put out.  I need to download it again.

Sandguard
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Da, comrade.  You've got to get Forgotten Battles if you dont have it.  You get to fly bombers, as well as a slew of additional fighters.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Da, comrade.  You've got to get Forgotten Battles if you dont have it.  You get to fly bombers, as well as a slew of additional fighters.

The only 'problem' I have with the game is the selection of planes to fly or fly against.  There is a great 3D model of each plane, but it does not list flight speed, number and types of machineguns/cannons, etc.

Kinda have to just try them all to see which you like the best.

TRG

No no no no.  Go to the aircraft/vehicle ID section, and look for a brown toggle switch on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.  It'll switch from the 3d model of the plane to a text that gives all the technical info you could want to know about that plane/variant, as well as a cursory evaluation and history of the plane, including its strengths and weaknesses.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I played it and liked it....but I cant find the damn joystick I used to use, and flying with the keyboard sucks ass...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I've played the demo...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Heard nothing but great things about it.  I'm a jethead though.  Falcon4 continues to improve to this day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#9]
This is the best stick I found to play flight sims or my game mechwarrior 4 mercs-
saitek x45

if you go into their press release you will see the new stick comming out the x52
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
uh, actually I have the saitek. It's NOTHING compared to the H.O.T.A.S. cougar from thrustmaster.

That thing is the most killer flight controller ever.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got the Cougar with the pressure-sensitive mod from Real Simulator.  Makes it an accurate representation of the F16 stick and allows for much more precise control, while getting rid of any play.  Hell, there's no play at all, the stick doesn't move now!

I can imagine you'd still want a moving stick for a prop sim though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been wanting to get it
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude, to heck with the shooting. I play IL2 for the air races now.

Gets more interesting when it's guns hot though...

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
LMFAO at the races....is that a mod or just something you guys do for fun? looks like a mod...

"Hey, thats not fair, you cheated and cut a the corner on the last turn!!!"
"Oh yeah?"
"YEAH! and now im going to MAKE IT FAIR!" <opens up with .50 cals>
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#17]
www.il2airracing.com

As I said, there are occasional races where the race-master will declare 'guns hot'.

When that happens, all of a sudden, being in the lead is not necessarily the most advantageous position when there's an Me-109 and La-5 on your six...

It's not a mod. It's just a group of people who hook up on friday nights for a bit of fun. There's also frequently a before-race airshow.

The paint schemes are just done with photoshop or corel or some sort. It's not obligatory to race, but definitely adds to the fun.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Would I know any of you guys from the UBI forums? I started flying IL2 just after it came out, I flew forgotten battles and have the Aces expansion pack, but I haven't been flying much in the last 6 months.

At the UBI forums I was TurboCrotch, but I fly under RatFink, BlitzPig_RatFink, or BlitzPig_Fink (The Pigs are a very loose squad, we preffer to call it a "movement", just a bunch of idiots that like A/C, Flight Sims and War Sims.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I used to play that game religously on UBI. Its a great sim. My name was Shed, or US_8th_Shed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been playing this game since it came out, recently getting the Aces expansion. The only fault I have with it is that players with different versions can't play together online, stupid if you ask me, though I understand why they do it.

Hey Manic_Moran, those Friday night get togethers you spoke of, do you have a seperate room, I'd like to participate, and destroy you. hehehe. J/k, I fly like one-eyed red headed stepchild...
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Would I know any of you guys from the UBI forums? I started flying IL2 just after it came out, I flew forgotten battles and have the Aces expansion pack, but I haven't been flying much in the last 6 months.

At the UBI forums I was TurboCrotch, but I fly under RatFink, BlitzPig_RatFink, or BlitzPig_Fink (The Pigs are a very loose squad, we preffer to call it a "movement", just a bunch of idiots that like A/C, Flight Sims and War Sims.

I am ANGST on the forums and online. I am waiting for Pacific Fighters now :)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I no longer post at the UBI forums. I signed up there just a couple weeks after the IL2 came out (Nov. 01) and after 2+ years of some of the most horrid Anti- U.S., Euro-trash bullshit, and the closing of the Pilots Lounge, I quite hanging out there and spend most of my time at the privatly opened Pilots lounge over at acompletewasteofspace.com.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#24]
It's free. However, given my current location in Iraq, I've not actually played online in about a year.

I intend to get back in on it though.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Here is an IL-2 about to be finished off by my Bf-109.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top