Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 8:57:55 AM EDT

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1951292005

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

JOHN INNES

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologised and said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone."

Unbelievable.

Click this link to see the pictures...
www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005430136,,00.html

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
[bubba] I'd like one-a them there Allay Akbar cones to go, please...[/bubba]

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish they would Jihad the local BK! Their food sucks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont worry, ice cream men can defend themselves, their trucks are full of uzis and AKs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Al lah Ice Cream Sammiches!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfucking believable.

ONE assclown is offended, so BK takes it in the shorts.

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Unfucking believable.

Sheep

What do you expect...it is "Burger King Have it Your Way" after all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#8]
If you poke yourself in the eyes to get them to tear, turn the icecream sideways, squint, and dim the lights, then yes, I can see the resemblance.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Unfucking believable.

Sheep

One assclown is offended and we lose the pledge of allegiance too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Boycott B.K. until they bring back the lid!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]
What horse poop. Unbelievable, I will take three of those to go.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Introducing the new Allah-free BK Ice Cream cone

--now with even more pork flavor--
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#14]
A "fuck off" would be warranted in that situation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Like we can even read that little kid scribbling shithead of a language?

It STILL looks like an ice cream cone to me!

as I have said many times before ...

FUCK THOSE GUYS!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#16]
If I was working there that day..."Oh, I'm sorry this offends you, would you like some free bacon with your ice cream?".
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Unfucking believable.

Sheep

No its believable.  They have to cave in, or else peace loving Muslims in the UK would start to a series of grenade, automatic weapon and suicide bombing campaigne against BK, which would be BAD for business.....because they are just THAT fucking nuts, and THAT fucking evil.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#18]
The Red Cross is considering changing their logo/symbol whatever.  Why?  Because they attribute all the Muslim extremeist attacks on Red Cross personnel in Israel and Iraq to be their own fault.  The Muslims see a red cross, become enraged, and open fire on a harmless, humanitarian organization.  So they're considering changing their symbol to something less inflammatory and offensive to Muslims.....like a red crystal or red diamond, or something.

I wish I was making this up

Why do we tolerate intolerance?
Rod Liddle

Red Cross officials have been meeting in Switzerland to decide upon a new logo — and presumably, by implication, name — for their fine organisation. The logo in question is the red cross. And the problem with the cross is that it enrages Muslims. In the theatre of war, when most combatants see the red cross, they put their weapons down. Muslim combatants, though, have a tendency to pick theirs up and start shooting with even greater avidity. In recent years we have seen the emergence of the Red Crescent, which accords with Muslim sensibilities. We have also seen the Israeli equivalent, which is advertised by a red Star of David. Muslims shoot at that one, too, with unquenchable fervour. It is wholly understandable, given this profusion of competing icons, that the Red Cross, or whatever they will henceforth call themselves, should seek a symbol which is not immediately redolent of either an oppressive infidel religion or the Zionist cockroaches of Israel. They want a secular, neutral symbol and have hit upon the idea of a red ‘crystal’, or diamond. That shouldn’t offend anyone, should it? It’s what Jesus would have wanted.

I have heard no reports of Christian or Jewish combatants firing on Red Crescent vehicles. Our loathing of whatever enemy we are up against, it seems to me, is less visceral and far less rooted in notions of certainty. We are rather less inclined, these days, to wish hell upon an entire people. The totalitarian flavour of Islam — the unshakeable belief in its own rectitude and a terrible paranoia directed towards serried ranks of enemies, real and imagined — makes the thought of firing on an ambulance carrying wounded infidel soldiers at least permissible and quite possibly, according to Islam’s more rigorous disciples, a beholden duty. And this is where I believe our Prime Minister has got it the wrong way around: it is the core ideology of Islam that is the problem, not a handful of incendiary preachers. But maybe he’s beginning to realise that right now.

www.spectator.co.uk/article.php?table=§ion=&issue=2005-09-17&id=6618
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Unfucking believable.

Sheep

No its believable.  They have to cave in, or else peace loving Muslims in the UK would start to a series of grenade, automatic weapon and suicide bombing campaigne against BK, which would be BAD for business.....because they are just THAT fucking nuts, and THAT fucking evil.

But wait....I learned at Arfcom that it was the Religion of Peace?

I'm begining to feel misled.....

Sheep
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
But wait....I learned at Arfcom that it was the Religion of Peace?

I'm begining to feel misled.....

Sheep

+1  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#21]
that gives me an ice cream headache  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Okay, what are those bastards NOT offended by??? To hell with all of them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#23]
They should ship those to the USA! I bet they'd be hot sellers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#24]
As a christian I find the lower case letter T to be offensive.  I demand it be replaced, regardless of the expense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top