User Panel

Site Notices
11/2/2022 4:30:06 PM
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:48:33 PM EST
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Anastasios:

One of the most basic rules of business is to not give away product. Guess what happens if you do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAdams:

He did more to devalue product is what he did, and hurt this site in the process.

Show your work.

One of the most basic rules of business is to not give away product. Guess what happens if you do?

You truly have absolutely zero clue what you're talking about and this post proves it.

13ers still doing 13er shit after all these years
brownells
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:49:37 PM EST
[#2]

I've worked in retail. I know what's up. How much retail experience do you have?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lug1:
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

from my viewpoint, he did more for this site than any other sponsor. but I guess he was too mean in GD.

He did more to devalue product is what he did, and hurt this site in the process.
WOW, simply not true.  But you are certainly entitle your OPINION.

I've worked in retail. I know what's up. How much retail experience do you have?

Being the brand ambassador for Buc-ee's counts for something.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:49:43 PM EST
[#3]
Didn't Fortier Gunwritr also get booted? I actually liked his stuff. He was one of the only writers that actually didn't appear to be kissing advertisers ass and gave it effect his reviews of product.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:50:31 PM EST
[#4]
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:

You truly have absolutely zero clue what you're talking about and this post proves it.

View All Quotes

Show your work.

Hey whoa....that was a little harsh....
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:51:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#5]

If you have something to post, post it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Show your work.

Have Bill call you and explain how wrong you are.

Geissele has donated a metric shit ton of gear to ColaWarrior events.  Nearly every site sponsor has donated product to the member appreciation giveaways year after year.  Please show me which of these companies has had problems because they gave away product.

Whatever you do in retail hasn't made you an authority on the subject because I'm also in retail and I've never heard of your so called "basic rule of business".
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:51:06 PM EST
[#6]
Originally Posted By VTDefender:
I thought he wore a sombrero and smoked a cigar
View Quote

Sombrero is only on Taco Tuesdays
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:51:10 PM EST
[#7]
Originally Posted By 03PSD:
Didn't Fortier Gunwritr also get booted? I actually liked his stuff. He was one of the only writers that actually didn't appear to be kissing advertisers ass and gave it effect his reviews of product.
View Quote
Yea I was asking if he was still banned.  Guess he is.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:51:37 PM EST
[#8]

View Quote
Paaalleeaze.

He did nothing of the kind. We have lost far too many good members due in no small part people here needing to grow a pair. Literally.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:52:20 PM EST
[#9]

Let me know when YOU get ahold of it.  That will be a bright day, I will celebrate with you.
View All Quotes

from my viewpoint, he did more for this site than any other sponsor. but I guess he was too mean in GD.

LOL.  Dude, you are normally a pretty cool guy.  Sometimes you post some things I don't necessarily agree with but hey LIBERTY.

Today you have jumped the shark twice.  Your last two posts.

Just so we are clear, IDGAF if you work in retail or outhouses.  Your opinion is yours, have at it.  Your posting of facts is a crock of shit right now.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Mark LaRue makes great products and its fun to watch him post, even when you are the recipient of his wit.  If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.  LaRue has done a lot of good things while you were selling widgets.

There is a cure for ignorance.

Let me know when YOU get ahold of it.  That will be a bright day, I will celebrate with you.

I worked for years in an *extremely* successful small business that dealt in a high end outdoor sporting industry. Our prices were higher than our competitors, we *never* gave anything away, and we blew our competition out of the water.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:54:21 PM EST
[#10]

View All Quotes

I think 13’ers did more to hurt this site than LaRue ever did or could even if he tried.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:54:22 PM EST
[#11]

I worked for years in an *extremely* successful small business that dealt in a high end outdoor sporting industry. Our prices were higher than our competitors, we *never* gave anything away, and we blew our competition out of the water.
View Quote
Thats great.  Hope you are doing well now.  I know you went through a rough a patch.  You seem to have it all together now and know everything.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:54:28 PM EST
[#12]

View All Quotes

LOL.  Dude, you are normally a pretty cool guy.  Sometimes you post some things I don't necessarily agree with but hey LIBERTY.

Just so we are clear, IDGAF if you work in retail or outhouses.  Your opinion is yours, have at it.  Your posting of facts is a crock of shit right now.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Mark LaRue makes great products and its fun to watch him post, even when you are the recipient of his wit.  If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.  LaRue has done a lot of good things while you were selling widgets.

I'd wager LaRue and Geissele are more successful than whoever you worked for.

Vortex gives a lot of shit away and I know for a damn fact they're more successful.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:55:04 PM EST
[#13]

View All Quotes

Correlation does not equal causation.  Every Larue product I’ve owned has been excellent.  Him giving away product doesn’t change that, nor my willingness to buy more when I need them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:56:32 PM EST
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:16 PM EST
[#15]

View Quote
Oh also I sold guns for a couple years retail myself.  I am not gonna embellish and make myself out to be salesperson of the year though.  

Just gonna say, AGAIN, you are entitled your opinion, doesn't make you right.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:35 PM EST
[#16]
He reminds me of my former USMC friend Ray.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:56 PM EST
[#17]

Geissele has donated a metric shit ton of gear to ColaWarrior events.  Nearly every site sponsor has donated product to the member appreciation giveaways year after year.  Please show me which of these companies has had problems because they gave away product.

Whatever you do in retail hasn't made you an authority on the subject because I'm also in retail and I've never heard of your so called "basic rule of business".
View All Quotes

Show your work.

Have Bill call you and explain how wrong you are.

OK, we did sponsor competitions and donate product as prizes. That is NOT what Larue was doing that devalued product.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:57:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: Your1Savior] [#18]
View All Quotes

Show your work.

I mean..  if you're going to state that he devalued his own product, you point to the UU kits, not an immensely successful marketing strategy that increased his sales to the nth degree.  The UHFO contests were the reason I purchased my first Stealth which lead to the next 6-7 LT rifles, can, bags, countless mounts and triggers, and everything else I bought.  

ML has singlehandedly done more for the 2A community than 99% of the site combined.  He funded Nolo to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars

Edit:  Lug1, I just now realized your post
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:58:35 PM EST
[#19]
So, an unapologetic, opinionated, successful business owner pissed off some people.
Never been done before.
Really I see more obnoxious and disrespectful stuff posted here every day, but since he was high profile the pitchfork and torch tender feeling brigade was always out in force looking for another reason to be offended.
Mob rule won.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:01:00 PM EST
[#20]
He found the perfect equilibrium between performance and price on AR15 triggers. Gave away a rifle a month for free, supported the gun community and wasn’t afraid of the truth.

I like ‘em.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:01:02 PM EST
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:02:12 PM EST
[#22]
I have MBTs in all of my ARs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:03:01 PM EST
[#23]

View Quote

Just stop it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:05:00 PM EST
[#24]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I worked a flat grill making steak and cheese subs for one lunch rush.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:05:02 PM EST
[#25]
Originally Posted By RV8guy:
Mark Larue has done more to drive the numbers of paid members on this site than anyone. People only started to bag on him when he wasn't allowed to have his contest anymore.
View Quote

The Larue Giveaways were the only reason that I became a paying member to this site. This was back when only the paying  members could partake. I continue to be a paying member to support the only site on the interwebs that I am a member of.
It has cost me tens of thousands of dollars over the last 14 years, so $60.00 per year is chump change to do without the ads.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:05:54 PM EST
[#26]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Pretty much.  

View Quote

GD seems like want their hand held and their feels coddled, and Mark didn’t play by those rules.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:06:34 PM EST
[#27]
Mark LaRue did right by me at every turn, even when he didn't have to.  I've spent a...disturbing...amount of .gov money and my own on his products.  Money well spent.

I hope he's having an outstanding Thanksgiving day, and I wish the same for all you gents.  Even the ones that hate on LaRue.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:06:57 PM EST
[#28]
Originally Posted By QUACK32:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QUACK32:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif

So you're an expert on the restaurant industry now?
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:07:04 PM EST
[#29]

I mean..  if you're going to state that he devalued his own product, you point to the UU kits, not an immensely successful marketing strategy that increased his sales to the nth degree.  The UHFO contests were the reason I purchased my first Stealth which lead to the next 6-7 LT rifles I bought.  

ML has singlehandedly done more for the 2A community than 99% of the site combined.  He funded Nolo to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars
View All Quotes

Show your work.

I mean..  if you're going to state that he devalued his own product, you point to the UU kits, not an immensely successful marketing strategy that increased his sales to the nth degree.  The UHFO contests were the reason I purchased my first Stealth which lead to the next 6-7 LT rifles I bought.  

You not only devalue your own product, you also devalue your competitors product. How do you think that affects advertising revenue on a site like this?

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:07:43 PM EST
[#30]

View Quote

He's 100% right.

When it comes to goods OR services, giving either away devalues both.

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:08:28 PM EST
[#31]
ID love some more of his stuff  I have a mount as of now   I need more money  I remember the blow up on here seems like a long time ago now and I was convinced they did wrong  but thankfully I got over it
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:08:49 PM EST
[#32]
Hey, remember when Mark exchanged broken ARMS mounts for LaRue mounts even though a shitload of people intentionally broke their mount and took advantage of the deal?

I almost forgot about that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:09:00 PM EST
[#33]
Twitter is now less oppressive than arfcom.

Interesting long term strategy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:09:10 PM EST
[#34]
Not this shit again.

Mark chooses not to participate in GD, and that's probably for the best.

His cult can't stop claiming victimhood for him.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:10:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: LatentUser] [#35]

View All Quotes

Sure, let’s go there, why not.

He gave away product because he:

1. supported this community longer than you or I have been here

2. is a generous fella

3. calculated that the amount of sales and brand awareness he got from this community more than compensated for the few thousand in product per month he gave away.

Interestingly enough, a few of those who spoke out against him flamed out not long after his GD exit.   I do suspect their 2nd and 3rd generation accounts still lurk around though.

Edited, because it wasn’t germane to the conversation.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:10:15 PM EST
[#36]
Originally Posted By Sig_Prude:
Seeing the video below today.

What happened to him, anyway?   He used to frequent this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXbmNAaWKg
View Quote
Banned from GD. Habitually unable to interact with others in a level headed manner
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:10:41 PM EST
[#37]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

GD seems like want their hand held and their feels coddled, and Mark didn’t play by those rules.
View Quote

That has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:11:00 PM EST
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:11:30 PM EST
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Pretty much.  

You aren't wrong.  And its getting worse.  Cant call a spade a spade or you'll get your peepee slapped.  Cant even joke around with out a warning in some cases.  

Oh well..
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:11:46 PM EST
[#40]

View Quote

Your opinion is fine, your comment to it is questionable.

The infighting around here is astonishing, but I am not a fanboy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:13:41 PM EST
[#41]
Is David still banned?
View Quote

He is a douche!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:13:46 PM EST
[#42]
Originally Posted By d5griffin:
Drunk dad (mark) and homely dad (Geissele) got into an argument.  

The children of arfcom have never cried harder.
View Quote

I like, and buy, from both. And the Horror, I have a few guns with both Larue and G products on same gun.

As long as they keep making  quality products and keep manufacturing in USA I will keep buying from them both
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:14:01 PM EST
[#43]
Originally Posted By RazorEdge:

He's 100% right.

When it comes to goods OR services, giving either away devalues both.

View Quote
Yay.  Happy Thanksgiving Mr 2022
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:14:31 PM EST
[#44]
I've met Mark a few times locally and chatted with him. He's a good dude. He looks better with a beard though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:16:16 PM EST
[#45]
I’m blessed enough to be able to own a lot of everybody’s stuff. Mark makes quality stuff, puts his money where his mouth, and isn’t afraid to speak his mind.

I liked GD better when he was here.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:16:21 PM EST
[#46]

View Quote

Agreed 100%. If I need a 1/3 height mount or a two stage trigger it’s Larue. Luckily he’s get his wit on his IG postings
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:16:24 PM EST
[#47]
He still has his Navion and it is still airworthy.
Very cool old bird with some P-51 heritage built in to it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:17:29 PM EST
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:
Do we really need to kick the hornets nest on Thanksgiving?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:17:43 PM EST
[#49]
Originally Posted By Nehi:
Not this shit again.

Mark chooses not to participate in GD, and that's probably for the best.

His cult can't stop claiming victimhood for him.
View Quote

He is banned from GD. Now, show us on your Geissele doll where Mark hurt you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 2:19:56 PM EST
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bud:
Mark Larue is a solid guy.
View Quote

I would often buy his $50.00 dillos when he was raising funds for firearms rights. He is a good dude for this.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top