Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:18:53 PM EST
Following..

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:22:52 PM EST
OP's handle is not "heisenburg(h)" or "walter" anything. I'm perplexed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:26:23 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
It seems you are just another one of those guys doing the tried and true "Pay me to show you how to make money"
View Quote

More like a using income to buy more stuff. I bought this car wash and the other business with a stock equity loan so I don't have to pay taxes on the unrealized gains.

Plus I also run one of the largest if not largest finance channels on tik tok trying to teach kids about capitalism, being your own boss and taking care of yourself.

But you knew that right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:26:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By SkyFive:

Think of the how much more money that same car wash would make in Florida or a southern state. I looked into a car wash about seven years back, a single drive thru automatic car wash cost $100k and that was not including infrastructure. The top of the line car wash with all the bells and whistles was around $200k.

View Quote

That's not bad. Now I'm interested.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:27:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

More like a using income to buy more stuff. I bought this car wash and the other business with a stock equity loan so I don't have to pay taxes on the unrealized gains.

Plus I also run one of the largest if not largest finance channels on tik tok trying to teach kids about capitalism, being your own boss and taking care of yourself.

But you knew that right?
View Quote

Now that I truly applaud. Good job, sir.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:31:52 PM EST

But you knew that right?
View Quote

Good on you! Now try to teach the miscreants here in GD the same lesson, that will be a real challenge!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:32:23 PM EST
Interesting.. watching now, only 5 minutes in so maybe the following gets answered -

1) Seems like easy "AFK money" - how many hours/week does it take for up-keep? Or do you hire a part-time custodian or something?

2) I assume car washes have some sort of insurance? I know I've heard horror stories of mirrors being broken or something.

I usually wash my own car, at home, but in the winter I don't have that option.. a place near me has monthly memberships, $35/mo for unlimited. I just did a one-time wash as I had snow in my tires causing an imbalance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:33:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By Muad:
Interesting. My boss and I have talked about buying a carwash(es) multiple times.

The new auto someone installed over by Wally World has to be making a fortune, that this is packed all the time.

Sub'd.
View Quote
The one in Bellefontaine? They start their help out pretty good. 12 or 13 dollars an hour.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:35:34 PM EST
I wouldnt mind learning more
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:36:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:41:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:42:55 PM EST
if you install that CC reader you will never be able to avoid paying taxes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:43:21 PM EST
View Quote

While that video undeniably adds funkiness, it does not appreciably add to the discussion herein.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:44:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2021 8:44:49 PM EST by ColtSeavers]
Originally Posted By Kharn:
My aunt owns two DIY car washes in AZ, she hasn't made any significant money off of them since AZ made it much more difficult for illegals in that state and her clientele dropped off. She and my uncle bought them in the early 80s, it's just a matter of time until she just shutters them and sells the land.

Kharn
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:44:52 PM EST
My aunt owns two DIY car washes in AZ, she hasn't made any significant money off of them since AZ made it much more difficult for illegals in that state and her clientele dropped off. She and my uncle bought them in the early 80s, it's just a matter of time until she just shutters them and sells the land.

Kharn
View Quote
You sir just ruined my dream

I was ready to purchase a carwash at 5% down and roll in the dough
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:46:14 PM EST
Arfcom has been pretty positive on my other series, figured you'd like this new series I started today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt9pSsJDAyw

Hopefully it'll help me pay for more 9mm
View Quote
Whoa, wait! You are the guy in the video? A movie star?

Do I get a class discount?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:46:25 PM EST
A former coworker owns two carwashes and claims they're his retirement income. Also claims a hundred K a year, for each. I've wondered how true that was.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:47:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By safe1:
Wash Club is the best thing to keep a new vehicle in good shape in N.E. Ohio. One wash per day for a flat fee.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146014/Screenshot_20210220-203337_Auto_Spa_Ohio-1834318.jpg
View Quote
Car wash club, now that's an idea!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:49:05 PM EST

Kharn
View Quote

You aunt has sustained upside down businesses for 40 years? Yeah ok.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:51:17 PM EST
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Good on you! Now try to teach the miscreants here in GD the same lesson, that will be a real challenge!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But you knew that right?

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:54:31 PM EST

View All Quotes

But you knew that right?

Not possible.

Cries of "price gouging!" and demonstrations of "buy high/sell low" abound.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:59:08 PM EST
@Shockergd

I am in the preliminary stages of buying a car wash from a co-worker. I have been interested in the idea for years, but I am not even a novice at how the operation will work. I am a little nervous, but I know this particular wash is a good money maker. Any advice for a first-time owner?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:59:46 PM EST
I should have known you were on ARFCOM. Been watching your videos for a while!

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:02:45 PM EST

But you knew that right?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
It seems you are just another one of those guys doing the tried and true "Pay me to show you how to make money"

But you knew that right?

Fucking awesome. Good for you, dude
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:02:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2021 9:04:48 PM EST by MedmanKS]
They must make money because they keep building them around here.

Buddy of mine retired as a chiropractor, and a developer bought his office and land. Prime location, across from a Lowe’s, bunch of restaurants, near the airport, etc...
What did they build? A freaking car wash... WTF?

Seems like a waste of a great location.

Not two miles away, they’re building another one on land the school district sold a while back. Again, great location but now it’s a car wash. SMH.

I guess there’s a good ROI?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:03:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Layer60:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Layer60:
Originally Posted By SkyFive:

Think of the how much more money that same car wash would make in Florida or a southern state. I looked into a car wash about seven years back, a single drive thru automatic car wash cost $100k and that was not including infrastructure. The top of the line car wash with all the bells and whistles was around $200k.

I said 'drive thru', it should've been 'drive in'. It was a very basic drive in, stop, wash cycle and drive out deal for $100k. Those fancy new car washes with LED lights would probably set you back $250k, then you have to have at least 10 vacuum bays, preferably 12. I'm guessing it would cost upwards of $1M to build from scratch depending on the cost of the real estate. Of course, if do like OP and find one in distress....profit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:07:52 PM EST
Do you have to recycle a certain percentage of your water?
Do you have a filtration system before the water goes into the sewer system?
What about all of the crap that gets washed off the vehicles (mud, salt, grease, solvents, oil), do you have a gnarly grease /oil trap?
Do you have a problem with people dumping and flushing their gray/black water systems from RV's?

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:10:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By RJinks:
The one in Bellefontaine? They start their help out pretty good. 12 or 13 dollars an hour.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RJinks:
Originally Posted By Muad:
Interesting. My boss and I have talked about buying a carwash(es) multiple times.

The new auto someone installed over by Wally World has to be making a fortune, that this is packed all the time.

Sub'd.

Neg, I'm in a small town up by the lake.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:18:53 PM EST
The one by me was about a quarter/2 minutes then a quarter/minute, and now, no shit, a quarter every 20 seconds. I lose a dollar of my wash time just feeding the fucker. I bought a pressure washer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:23:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2021 9:24:07 PM EST by PhuzzyGnu]
So how much does the world's longest car wash at the Katy Buc-ee's make?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:28:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ecarl4100:
The one by me was about a quarter/2 minutes then a quarter/minute, and now, no shit, a quarter every 20 seconds. I lose a dollar of my wash time just feeding the fucker. I bought a pressure washer.
View Quote

I've been meaning to hit the pawn shops for an electric pressure washer for a few weeks, and shit keeps coming up. I just need a cheap washer to hit the undercarriage of two jeeps with
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:31:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:38:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
If you're thread title says "here's how much it makes" maybe you should post info on how much it makes instead of linking your YouTube channel.
View Quote

Look at that, an East coaster who thinks people can't just do what they want.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:45:48 PM EST
A modern car wash that will bring repeat customers will run about $180,000. Then you need property and a building with the proper utilities. Keeping an old wash going gets expensive and the failures will destroy customer base.

If you like your car, never use a carwash. Highly corrosive chemicals and abrasive filled brushes will destroy your vehicle.

Road salt is best left alone until the it can be thoroughly cleaned and flushed from all of the hidden areas of the body and frame. Running a salty car through a car wash only liquifies the salt and pushes it further into the sheet metal joints and/or frame.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:45:53 PM EST
I won't use any car wash that has rollers that touch your car. They will scratch the shit out of it. I only hand wash using the two bucket method. If I have to, I'll use the pressure washer hose at a car wash only.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:52:32 PM EST
I spotted the $5 in the $1's too but already called out.

You mention 5% down, then that it cost you $4k out of pocket while showing over $40k down on the sales document.  You also mentioned a partnership.  

Are you a 10% owner through the partnership?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:08:51 PM EST
How long until you have to put in water recycling equipment?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:09:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2021 10:13:38 PM EST by Strikeforces]
You should install some sort of coke machine that dispenses $3 tall boys....Budweiser, Coors Yellow Bellys, Miller Genuine Draft, and repeat for other 3 slots !

Talk about bankroll !!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:11:47 PM EST
Some models for washes work, others do not.

The "Full Service" model seems to be mostly dead at this point.  People are more interested in speed and low-cost options, rather than a full experience done by employees.  Flex-serve or "do it yourself" operations with a full tunnel seem to be the way the industry has been trending now for a few years.  Anything else is too labor-intensive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:14:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Whoa, wait! You are the guy in the video? A movie star?

Do I get a class discount?
View Quote

Sure, dm me and I'll do a arfcom special code
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:17:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
if you install that CC reader you will never be able to avoid paying taxes.
View Quote

That's the way that people that have a job think. They're in the real world of business there are so many tax write-offs, grants, exemptions, and methods to limit your tax liability only an idiot would look at the cash Revenue and not want to install credit card readers which would expand the customer base and add 50% to the sales.

Now you tell me do you want $75,000 tax free or pay 15% on $200,000 and when it comes time to sell you have clean books and can sell that extra margin for 5 times multiplier?

That's $75,000 cash income is going to cost you between half-a-million $1000000 down the road and lost equity. Equity you can tap into any time if you know what a bank wants
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:19:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By JarHead94:
@Shockergd

I am in the preliminary stages of buying a car wash from a co-worker. I have been interested in the idea for years, but I am not even a novice at how the operation will work. I am a little nervous, but I know this particular wash is a good money maker. Any advice for a first-time owner?
View Quote

If they're on City water go pull the water records for Everett Car Wash and compare what he says to everybody else. Have a real estate agent go look for prior Car Wash sales get the books on those that should be accessible on the MLS system and compare their reported income to water ratios and then develop numbers without listening to what your friend says
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:22:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By Booray:
I spotted the $5 in the $1's too but already called out.

You mention 5% down, then that it cost you $4k out of pocket while showing over $40k down on the sales document.  You also mentioned a partnership.  

Are you a 10% owner through the partnership?
View Quote

50% owner, seller carried back a $635k note on the 3 businesses we took off him. This car wash was just one.

My partner paid half of the $41k to close.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:28:03 PM EST
@shockergd  I’m going to need to know where yours are.  I’d rather patronize Arfcom members than anyone else.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:30:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Elijah1:
That seems like a really great way to make money.   Except if the EPA would somehow get involved
View Quote

If Bill Burr claims to work for the EPA, don't believe him.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:37:52 PM EST

Say my name
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Names-arealltaken:
M'lady

Say my name

lol...
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:42:58 PM EST

But you knew that right?
View Quote

Username?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:43:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2021 10:45:00 PM EST by socommatthews]
Originally Posted By SouthsideSlim:
Car wash owners here didn’t think to turn off water when it got 16 degrees.
Not a functional one within 5 miles of my house.
View Quote

I was talking to a buddy in Austin today and he said he knows lots of people with no water but lots of car washes have it and are running. One of them even said that if you mention you have no water at home they’ll give you a discount
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:44:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Elijah1:
That seems like a really great way to make money.   Except if the EPA would somehow get involved
View Quote

FJB
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:46:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By smith28542:
LOL

Came to post this. I need to just stay logged in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smith28542:

Say my name
LOL

Came to post this. I need to just stay logged in.

Some of y’all logout & login on the regular?...
Page / 5
Top Top