Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 10:20:33 AM EDT
This post started as a result of a conversation a buddy oof mine and I had at work yesterday. Of course this would all depend on financing; let's assume you can get the small business loan you want. Let's make this reasonable, no millionaires here. What would be involved in beginning your own gun store? Would it be better to start out of your house first? What would be the minimum dollar amount you would want to start with in inventory?  Would you build a range into your business eventually? Would you sell on the net or not? What else would you do?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I think what I would do is first... get a storefront on lease, not rent. Counters if necessary, lockable racks, and a large vault that can hold all the inventory (1 combo instead of 20), and then inventory. Then, start offering completely custom high-class rifles as well. Oh, and open it somewhere where guns are popular, as well as where there are hoity-toity dove-hunter types (gotta sell those custom shotguns somehow).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top