Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 6/6/2008 8:32:18 AM EST
Did I miss something?

Why is the government not pushing big-time for hybrid delivery vehicles? The economies of scale should help the consumer get cheaper and better hybrids. The postal delivery truck is very inefficient with all the stop and go. Hybrids with the regenerative system used in newer hybrids would save a lot of gas or diesel.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:33:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kutu:
Did I miss something?

Why is the government not pushing big-time for hybrid delivery vehicles? The economies of scale should help the consumer get cheaper and better hybrids. The postal delivery truck is very inefficient with all the stop and go. Hybrids with the regenerative system used in newer hybrids would save a lot of gas or diesel.

I have seen Hybrid UPS vehicles in my AO.

In addition, the city has a ton of them too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:35:48 AM EST
why be wanting the .gov to do something most people wont do? that is buy and drive a hybrid
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:36:42 AM EST
I haven't seen any USPS hybrids yet, but I have seen FedEx hybrids and even busses are now hybrid. They are even lowering the fare for the busses because of the money they are saving in fuel costs from these things.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:41:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
why be wanting the .gov to do something most people wont do? that is buy and drive a hybrid

(assuming I can interpret your post)

The .gov has been pushing hybrids on the people (tax write-offs and such). If it's good enough for us, why isn't it good enough for the .gov?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:03:23 AM EST
They are out there. They have to meet spec on a lot of things. In the northern states they will not work right. They have done alot to up grade their facilatys to greener energy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:04:37 AM EST
It is a good idea. My city is also putting alot of hybrid buses into it's transportation system.
Top Top