Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 7:22:51 PM EDT
Guys and Gals I am in FL and am near the projected path of Hurricane Frances.  Please Pray that all the Arfcom members that are in the danger zone are safe.  I'm at a friends place and we're having a lan party but in the next day or so I expect to be seeing the effects of the Hurricane.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
We're thinking of you...my uncle just bought a house in Florida.  He is still here in Washingotn state, wondering if he will have a house left in Florida after this weekend.

Good luck and stay safe, and keep us updated on your status.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Believe me, I'm praying.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
prayers incoming.

ever think of moving?  (kidding of course)

stay safe and get the heck out of there if the situation necessitates it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm here at college.  I'm from OR and intend to return once I'm done.  Unfortunatly there arn't many jobs in my field in OR.  I hate Palm trees.  the Hurricanes don't seem to affect them.  They aren't even native to FL.  all the native trees fall over.  I'm in Winter Haven Right now.  That is on the North east part of Polk county by Lakeland.  As some one who has never been any were near a Hurricane before I kinda hope the eye goes over me because I want to see what its like.  I Also reallize that this is probably a really stupid dessire.  I hope and pray everyone comes out of this OK.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As some one who has never been any were near a Hurricane before I kinda hope the eye goes over me because I want to see what its like.  I Also reallize that this is probably a really stupid dessire.

Careful what you wish for.

I left Lakeland this afternoon, fighting the I-75 crawl, back to Gainesville.  

We have 4 manufactured home communities in Polk county.  Dodged Charlie, but this one's gonna be ugly.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent... God bless you folks.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.  I'm still here.  just watching the white caps go on the lake.

Here is were I am.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Me too. Actually I'm just northwest of you up 98. Its coming right at us!

The actual hurricane isnt what worries me, its the storms in the feeder bands and the possibilty of tornadoes. Its getting really sporty here now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Im in StPete/tampa area, as of this very moment it 10:37 am est. Sunday, its jus windy and rainy, not bad and nuttin major. Havent looked at local news yet to see what transpired over nite, ill have to checek that out. lata
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Manatee Co., and the wind is really whipping now.

Please guys,  Be careful.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Getting the first heavy winds here, now. Looks like this is not going to be too much fun.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Orion? You make it OK? That crap is coming over in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Im in StPete/tampa area

me too
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#14]
lost power for a while and couldn't post.  I'm now back in OR getting ready for my brothers wedding.  I lost power about 1/2 hour after posting the pics.  school's canceled untill further notice.  Thanks for the prayers.  I hope everyone else came through ok.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in Riverview...Frances wasn't too bad here...we lost power for 29 hours...no damage, though...

Looks like Ivan is coming right down our throats here in the Tampa Bay area...

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
images.snapfish.com/33%3B78%3C3923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D686%3D393%3DXROQDF%3E23235%3C936%3A578ot1lsi

How true!

I'm not looking to yet ANOTHER weekend of this shit!

The bad thing is that there's not a whole lot of land to help break it up before it gets here....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I think it'll miss and head into the Gulf.  We'll see in 2 days.  once they hit the three day mark they are pretty acurate.  before that it could go any were.  I need to keep up on it because if it hits then school willl most likly be out for another week.  So I'll stay here in OR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top