Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 6:43:16 AM EDT
My first log-on since we evacuated the area.  I can assure you this was a bad experience, my family is safe and sound, significant damage to my house and MANY learning experiences in preparation and security for my family.

My major learing experience is keeping your weapon systems simple and ready.  Had some close calls near my house, an area where we are not suppose to have problems.  But there is a big sign on the entrance of my upper middle class subdivision that reads:

"LOOTERS WILL BE SHOT AND TAGGED"  

Made by yours truly.  

Will share more when I have more time.

77Bronc

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear that you and your family are ok.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
  But there is a big sign on the entrance of my upper middle class subdivision that reads:

Made by yours truly.  

Good work!
JR
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully you evacuated while the getting was good.  When you have time, would love to hear your lessons learned from your personal version of TEOTWAWKI which is probably a heckuva lot closer than most of us will ever get.

Glad you and yours are safe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Only a nutcase would shoot someone, except in self defense.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for checking in, Bronc.

we were certain many of our members were impacted but couldn't identify which ones, and what their status was

Hope the re-build goes well for you, and rest assured your buds here are behind you
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#7]
glad to hear the family is safe.  i got to thinking about the situation in NO and realized I have a plan for foritfiede home defense, but not a REAL good plan for evac.

We all have a few lessons to learn out of this.

stay safe
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well lets see, they loot your house, steal your guns, then go out with them and create havoc. I'd shoot someone to prevent that myself. Not to mention looters are criminals and I consider them to be burglers and thieves, not to mention scum, trash, and fetid remains of road kill.

Glad to hear you are OK.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Guess I'm a nutcase
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess I'm a nutcase

+1

But I live in TX where shooting to protect property is legal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Even though I live in Iowa and shooting to protect property is NOT legal.....I'm still a nut case.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My first log-on since we evacuated the area.  I can assure you this was a bad experience, my family is safe and sound, significant damage to my house and MANY learning experiences in preparation and security for my family.

My major learing experience is keeping your weapon systems simple and ready.  Had some close calls near my house, an area where we are not suppose to have problems.  But there is a big sign on the entrance of my upper middle class subdivision that reads:

Made by yours truly.  

Will share more when I have more time.

77Bronc

what subdivision is that?  

Good to hear you are ok.  Are ya'll by one of the levee's?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]
keep us updated
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
How much are tags?  What kind of bag limit is there?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Anxiously waiting for further update.  What are the lessons learned?  I can only assume you learned to keep your gear in quickly accessible bags/bins, with loaded mags and mag pouches at the ready.  

In a civilized environment, shoot only when your life or the lives of loved ones are IMMINENTLY in danger.  In a SHTF situation, shoot to PREVENT your life or the lives of loved ones from being put in a dangerous situation.  Stop lawlessness with ruthlessness, for the life you save may be your own.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guess I'm a nutcase

+1

But I live in TX where shooting to protect property is legal.

That's the way it should be in every state

Here in PA we are only allowed to shoot home invaders (they must be inside our home, not outside) and to be able to shoot outside our home, one has to do it in self defense...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:47:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think your going to find ARFCOM is overrun with these types, me being one of them.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your going to find ARFCOM is overrun with these types, me being one of them.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top