Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2004 2:54:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 2:58:43 PM EST by tivoli410]
Trees fallen everywhere, on houses, cars, roofs gone and multiple gas station overhangs gone from what I've seen. I would HATE to live where this thing actually hit.

First off, Ft. Walton Beach/Destin Florida is located here, pretty far from where the eye of the storm hit:

Ft. Walton Area:

Interesting name on this one:

Destin Area:

The next two show the parking lot/bathroom building for a restaurant(Pompano Joe's). The parking lot collapsed into the ocean. Kind of hard to make out the asphault from the sand in the second picture but it's a sharp 15-20ft drop.

Parking lot 150yds from the beach and seperated by a large swimming pool area. Was underwater and now quite sandy. This is after a bit of cleaning up had occured.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:00:20 PM EST
We are gettin rain and wind from IVAN even today, I guess it made a Uturn and is headed back around, they said on news it could go out in GULF, become a Hurricane again and maybe go towards Texas. Geez. Plus we are looking at 4 more TS/Hurricanse brewing, only 1 or 2 will actually make it this far, but still. Its crazy down here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:00:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 3:02:38 PM EST by NAKED-GUNMAN]
Good pics Tivoli..that yellow gas station is on Beal pkwy., down the street from me.

I got some good pics also..I will send them to someone who will host them? Maybe tomorrow. I got some good Navarre beach pics because my brother's townhouse is out there. We've got a couple of big boats down the street in the bayou, they are in someone's yard. Very surreal.

Also, there is good plethora of pics @ www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:05:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:
Good pics Tivoli..that yellow gas station is on Beal pkwy., down the street from me.

I got some good pics also..I will send them to someone who will host them? Maybe tomorrow. I got some good Navarre beach pics because my brother's townhouse is out there. We've got a couple of big boats down the street in the bayou, they are in someone's yard. Very surreal.

Very weird indeed.

Out in Destin they had ATF workers out controlling traffic at some of the larger intersections.

Send the pics to me if you want, as long as their aren't too many. tivoli410@gmail.com
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:05:57 PM EST
Damn...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:10:08 PM EST
I ate at Pompano Joes once.

I vacationed in that area in 1999.

Hope you guys are okay.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:23:26 PM EST
Great pics. At NAS P-Cola not a single hangar has an intact roof. I haven't heard if Whiting Field (where aviator primary flight instruction occurs) was similarly damaged.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:21:16 PM EST
I'm hearing that the A-school building is GONE, as in nothing left standing.

Instructors are standing 12 on 12 off watching students...

All web related activities from NAS pensacola are down.

The base got FUBARed.
Top Top