Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 9:12:53 AM EDT
ive been lookin at this things projected path this morning......is Florida gonna get hit...AGAIN!?!?!  i sure as hell hope not!! poor bastards.  theres a large high preasure system off the coast of lower new england thats most likely gonna steer that thing right into Florida. best wishes and good luck Floridians.  

<We don't have the F-word in thread titles.  Thanks.>
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ive been lookin at this things projected path this morning......is Florida gonna get hit...AGAIN!?!?!  i sure as hell hope not!! poor bastards.  theres a large high preasure system off the coast of lower new england thats most likely gonna steer that thing right into Florida. best wishes and good luck Floridians.  

Never can tell with these Gulf storms.  Houston is WAAYYY overdue.  I would almost prefer it comes here to give you folks a break.  But shit man, nobody wants a hurricane ripping through their community.
Hope it passes FLA by.  You guys have had enough crap already!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never can tell with these Gulf storms.  Houston is WAAYYY overdue.  I would almost prefer it comes here to give you folks a break.  But shit man, nobody wants a hurricane ripping through their community.

you know....i said the same damn thing..... i'd ALMOST rather it hit closer to us here in TX and give Florida a well deserved "whew thank God" .......i'd just perfer it to slow WAY down before hitting us, LOL...like say...45mph winds instead of 105mph.  we could use the rain down here around Corpus.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#3]
We sure don't need the rain here.  The damn mosquitoes are circling my house flashing gang signs
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We sure don't need the rain here.  The damn mosquitoes are circling my house flashing gang signs

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
You know, I always wondered it a Daisy Cutter or 10 could disperse a hurricane.  Or at least weaken it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Well guys, I appreciate you volunteering to take the brunt of Francis.  Charley passed north of my location.  We had some high winds but that's about it.  Problem is, we've had 3 weeks or so of consistent rain so the ground can't absorb too much.  

We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You know, I always wondered it a Daisy Cutter or 10 could disperse a hurricane.  Or at least weaken it?

Interesting thought. But it might backfire. Rising heat in the center of the storm is what causes it to build strength. It could possibly super charge it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Doubt it.  You ever see the satellite photos of a hurricane?  It's hard to change the will of anything that's miles and miles wide.

Edited to add...here's one...

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting thought. But it might backfire. Rising heat in the center of the storm is what causes it to build strength. It could possibly super charge it.

YIKES. In my best Mr Makie voice "Daisy Cutters are back..m'kay"  But at only 25 grand a bomb, it would sure be cheaper than the damage they when they make landfall.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Down here in South FL. this time of year, always holds the potential for a SHTF scenario. It's second nature to folks down here. Or atleast it should be. Andrew in 1992 should have been taken more seriously by the Fed Gov and local citizens. Here's the status pic on Francis and she has time to turn into a monster! There's a huge difference between 105 mph winds and 170 mph winds.

HS1

ETA: This pic self updates every hour or so.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doubt it.  You ever see the satellite photos of a hurricane?  It's hard to change the will of anything that's miles and miles wide.

Like Rosie's ugly ass
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like Rosie's ugly ass
www.ar50.com/images/rosie_billboard1.jpg

Exactly!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#14]
It's not time to panic... yet.

There's a lot of ocean out there and this thing could turn north or south as easily as to go straight.

Here's hoping for a nice northerly sweep and out to the middle Atlantic!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe it will makes it's way to New York and clean out all the Dumbocrat protesters?!?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#18]
what makes it look not so good for Florida is the high preasure sitting on the east coast........has the potential to steer that thing right at em.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I ask again..."Does anything GOOD ever come from Africa?"

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#21]
..."Does anything GOOD ever come from Africa?"

LMAO!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know....i said the same damn thing..... i'd ALMOST rather it hit closer to us here in TX and give Florida a well deserved "whew thank God" .......i'd just perfer it to slow WAY down before hitting us, LOL...like say...45mph winds instead of 105mph.  we could use the rain down here around Corpus.

That's what I call taking one for the team!

God love ya, Texans.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ivory is good, as are elephant foot wastebaskets!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.ripway.com/2003-7/15091/Funny%20Slam%20Pics/fu-cracka.jpg

There can only be one logical reply.

www.ida.liu.se/~tompa/databaser/relalg-lecture/huge-pi.gif

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:07:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Down here in South FL. this time of year, always holds the potential for a SHTF scenario. It's second nature to folks down here. Or atleast it should be. Andrew in 1992 should have been taken more seriously by the Fed Gov and local citizens. Here's the status pic on Francis and she has time to turn into a monster! There's a huge difference between 105 mph winds and 170 mph winds.

image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/strm6_track_720x486.jpg

HS1

Gulf temp is 87.  Just great - gas for the fire if it hits the stream.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That's what looks bad about this one.  It appears very organized already.  If it hit's warm Gulf waters we're probably gonna get screwed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/strm6_track_720x486.jpg

HS1

yeah no doubt B.E.  there are alot of factors that say theres a good chance it will come towards FL.  i hope it doesnt.  i plan on tracking this thing as it gets closer.  wouldnt it be great if it just whipped a shitty and headed back to Africa.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Great I'm heading to Disney Wednesday for 5 nights!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Great I'm heading to Disney Wednesday for 5 nights!!

Well, I guess we figured out a way to keep the damn New Yorkers away!

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Well..I got about 125 gallons of drinking water, 45 gallons of gas for the generator, SHTF food for about 60 days. The worst part of this is waiting for the 3 day forecast then you see how close landfall will be where you live.

I feel for South Florida right now..Bonnie was just a bad rain storm but Charlie brought hell with him. Francis: There's something cynical about that name.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
There's a huge difference between 105 mph winds and 170 mph winds.

No kidding there. I remember going to bed at 1:30am thinking Opal was not going to do much as a cat 1 and was still drifting toward Mexico around the yacatan peninsula. Wife gets me up at 6:30am and says it's 145mph and coming right for us! Already had SHTF supplies for a long power outage like we had after Erin a couple months earlier.
But that was a direct hit from a Cat 2 (went out during the eye, bright sunshine, blue sky, no wind for 30-40 minutes). Opal hit Navarre Beach and cut a channel right through the barrier island, pushing a house, stilts and all about 300 feet into the sound. How does that old children's song about the guy who builds on the sand go?
We're praying for your safety up here in NW FL.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well..I got about 125 gallons of drinking water, 45 gallons of gas for the generator, SHTF food for about 60 days. The worst part of this is waiting for the 3 day forecast then you see how close landfall will be where you live.

I feel for South Florida right now..Bonnie was just a bad rain storm but Charlie brought hell with him. Francis: There's something cynical about that name.

Yeah, "Lighten up, Francis"  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, "Lighten up, Francis"  

Anyway it's francEs...the female name.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, since I just got power last night at 9:30pm, and my roof is still screwed, and I have not been able to fix my well yet, I hope it stays the hell out of Central Fla.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#37]
I've got an ex girlfriend/friend flying into myrtle beach to visit next friday night. I just called and informed her of what may be coming. She's all pissed and crying about the $300.00 she just wasted, and this and that, blah, blah. I hope we get some good surf from this one, because it doesn't look like I'll be getting any pie from this cranky bitch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top