Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/21/2011 1:47:13 PM EDT
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman's presidential candidacy is just hours old but he's already picked up a Democratic endorsement.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said if he had to choose between the two Mormon Republican candidates running for president, he'd pick Jon Huntsman.

Reid, who is also Mormon, made the choice in response to a question asked by a reporter at his weekly news conference, and he used the occasion to rip into the Republican field's frontrunner and fellow Mormon Mitt Romney.

Reid said Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, "doesn't know who he is," because he has waffled on important issues like abortion and health care.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/06/huntsman-gets-high-profile-endorsement-harry-reid
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Jon Huntsman and his family.

Wow.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
No opinion HIVE?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said if he had to choose between the two Mormon Republican candidates running for president, he'd pick Jon Huntsman.

Not much of an endorsement.

"You don't sweat much for a fat girl."

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like Reid , Romney , or Huntsman.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Huntsman was a very, very gun-friendly governor of Utah...

And he left for China with an 80% approval rating in the *most* Republican state in the US...

He recieved tremendous praise from the NRA for signing the Utah campus-carry law...

Reid is emberrassing to us LDS... He is like my cousin at school who I was emberrased about when my friends found out we were related...

And Romney is going to slowly slip in the polls once real Republicans start voting in real primaires...

I call: Romney, ambassador to France in the next administration...

Who knows who Perry will pick to be his VP... Maybe Huntsman...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Reid, I understand.

Romney, I understand...

But you cant get any higher of an endorsement from the NRA than Huntsman did for signing campus-carry...

Perry is a great leader, so are many other potential candidates... But few can claim what Huntsman can.

He forced the Universities to allow concealed carry on campus in the entire state...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman's presidential candidacy is just hours old but he's already picked up a Democratic endorsement.

Reid said Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, "doesn't know who he is," because he has waffled on important issues like abortion and health care.

Well, Harry "Cowboy Poetry" Reid sure would know about waffling.

How's your position on illegal immigration holding out Harry?  

Against it...until you're for it, kthxbyefu.

Nobody but a moonbat commie Dumbocrat moron gives a single fuck about what Harry Reid thinks about anything.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Mark Levin is tearing Huntsman up.  More RINO.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And he left for China with an 80% approval rating in the *most* Republican state in the US...

He recieved tremendous praise from the NRA for signing the Utah campus-carry law...

Reid is emberrassing to us LDS... He is like my cousin at school who I was emberrased about when my friends found out we were related...

And Romney is going to slowly slip in the polls once real Republicans start voting in real primaires...

Huntsman is just as much of an emberrasment to us LDS as Reid is because Huntsman is barely LDS.  He doesnt even want to be associated as LDS and looks on his membership as a liability more than an asset.  I am not hoping for Huntsman or Romney because they are both RINO's.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Harry Reid's endorsement???? That's all the reason I need to vote for him. NOT!
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

AGREE
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huntsman is just as much of an emberrasment to us LDS as Reid is because Huntsman is barely LDS.  He doesnt even want to be associated as LDS and looks on his membership as a liability more than an asset.  I am not hoping for Huntsman or Romney because they are both RINO's.

If Huntsman was a RINO, I doubt he would have been elected **twice** in Utah... I just cannot see *that* happening...

His overwhelming praise from the NRA isn't usually given to RINO's

Yeah, the Utah pro-business model isn't keen to RINO's too much...

Romney, I understand the RINO label... With Huntsman, I am just not seeing it... I am seeing a strong pro-business stance. I am seeing lavish praise for pro-gun laws he passed as governor... I just can't see the RINO label sticking very well...

Overwhelming popularity in the Republican party while he was governor.... The hard-line Republicans (Gayle Ruzika included) praised Huntsmans pro-gun, and pro-business attitude when he was governor...  I just can't see where the RINO label sticks with Huntsman...

As for his religious beliefs... Folks would have you think that he renounced his testimony in The Church of Jesus Christ... He is running as president of the US, not president of followers of Christ in the Church of Jesus Christ... Romney had a hard time in Southern primaries last time, and Huntsman is just picking his battles...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If Huntsman was a RINO, I doubt he would have been elected **twice** in Utah... I just cannot see *that* happening...
Romney, I understand the RINO label... With Huntsman, I am just not seeing it... I am seeing a strong pro-business stance. I am seeing lavish praise for pro-gun laws he passed as governor... I just can't see the RINO label sticking very well...
Overwhelming popularity in the Republican party while he was governor.... The hard-line Republicans (Gayle Ruzika included) praised Huntsmans pro-gun, and pro-business attitude when he was governor...  I just can't see where the RINO label sticks with Huntsman...
As for his religious beliefs... Folks would have you think that he renounced his testimony in The Church of Jesus Christ... He is running as president of the US, not president of followers of Christ in the Church of Jesus Christ... Romney had a hard time in Southern primaries last time, and Huntsman is just picking his battles...

This here screams RINO.

Did you watch his speech?  After the initial "Who the F is he?"  you got a big yawn.  
OK gang, looks like we have a Huntsman-bot.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This here screams RINO.

Did you watch his speech?  After the initial "Who the F is he?"  you got a big yawn.  

OK gang, looks like we have a Huntsman-bot.

Seriously?

A Huntsman-bot...?

Whatever.

A boring speech a RINO does not make... Give me the specific laws he has put into place that makes him a RINO... Give me the specific polical ideal that he believes in that makes him a RINO...

I keep hearing that he is a RINO, and all I *see* is campus-carry, with lavish praise from the NRA... I see overwhelming support in a very, very Republican state... A RINO would have *never* been elected in Utah *once* and he was elected *twice*

I want to know the policy stance he has that specifically makes him a RINO... ?

That is what I want to know.

Folks might not like him because he is boring... Or folks might not like him because he is LDS... Those things do not a RINO make.

Where does he stand on the issues that makes him a RINO... ?-? Because it looks to me that he is pro-gun, and pro-business, and he was overwhelmingly popular in the *most* "conservative" voting state (per-capita) in the United States...

I honestly think that is an honest question in an honest discussion... And nowhere have I said he has *any* chance of winning the US Presidency... I just honestly want someone to cite a link, or provide some sort of evidence that can back-up the claim that he was anything other than overwhelmingly popular in an overwhelmingly conservative state...
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Report: Huntsman praised Obama as 'remarkable leader'

By Michael O'Brien
-

04/15/11 12:23 PM ET

Possible GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman praised
President Obama as a "remarkable leader" in notes before he took up his
post as the administration's ambassador to China.
The Daily Caller, a conservative news website, posted two notes written in 2009 in which Huntsman, the former Republican governor of Utah, effusively praises Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"You are a remarkable leader – and it has been a great honor getting to know you," Huntsman wrote to Obama.
Huntsman also wrote former President Clinton to praise his wife's work as secretary of State.
"I
must report that Sec. Clinton has won the hearts and minds of the State
Dept. bureaucracy — no easy task," he wrote. "And after watching her in
action, I can see why. She is well-read, hard working, personable and
has even more charisma than her husband!!"
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/156337-report-huntsman-praised-obama-as-remarkable-leader
We can start with this.  Weak, boring, appeasing douche.
And then there is this gem

Signing legislation passed by conservative lawmakers does not a conservative make.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Kiss Of Death.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Report: Huntsman praised Obama as 'remarkable leader'

By Michael O'Brien-04/15/11 12:23 PM ET
Possible GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman praised President Obama as a "remarkable leader" in notes before he took up his post as the administration's ambassador to China.

The Daily Caller, a conservative news website, posted two notes written in 2009 in which Huntsman, the former Republican governor of Utah, effusively praises Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"You are a remarkable leader – and it has been a great honor getting to know you," Huntsman wrote to Obama.

Huntsman also wrote former President Clinton to praise his wife's work as secretary of State.

"I must report that Sec. Clinton has won the hearts and minds of the State Dept. bureaucracy — no easy task," he wrote. "And after watching her in action, I can see why. She is well-read, hard working, personable and has even more charisma than her husband!!"
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/156337-report-huntsman-praised-obama-as-remarkable-leader

We can start with this.  Weak, boring, appeasing douche.

And then there is this gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV8HFHkX3PA&

Signing legislation passed by conservative lawmakers does not a conservative make.

Meh... Your snippet showed a Rhinoceros... So he definitely is a RINO...

He had overwhelming popularity in an overwhelmingly conservative state... He must have been doing *something* right...

He is probably one of the few leaders running (if not the only one) who can claim any sort of ownership over a campus-carry bill... That right there makes him stand-out among "conservatives" in my mind...

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reid, I understand.

Romney, I understand...

But you cant get any higher of an endorsement from the NRA than Huntsman did for signing campus-carry...

Perry is a great leader, so are many other potential candidates... But few can claim what Huntsman can.

He forced the Universities to allow concealed carry on campus in the entire state...

Um, Huntsman had NOTHING to do with concealed carry on Utah's campuses.  That statement is pure BS.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4307062

It was always part of the law passed in 1995.  The University of Utah simply ignored it, until the Utah Supreme Court smacked them down and forced them to comply with state law in 2006.

Huntsman was just a spectator in the process.

Now Huntsman DID sign some pro-gun bills as part of the legislative process.  But I'm pretty sure any Republican governor would have done the same.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=12307

ETA:  Edited to make it less harsh.  I have nothing against juni4ling personally.

Also, if it came down to Huntsman and Obama then by all means, Huntsman it is.  I've already voted for him twice to keep a Democrat weenie out of office; I can do it again.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Who's got the link to the video where Huntsman is in favor
of a cap and trade system to solve global warming.
I have seen the video, just cannot find it.

Looking......

Also, if Reid wants him as pres., must mean that he's most likely to be in line
with Reid's beliefs politically.... so no, the Reid endorsement is not a plus.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huntsman got elected for two reasons:  1) he's Republican –– Utah hasn't elected a Democrat for governor in over 30 years; and 2) he's smart enough to not offend anyone.

That doesn't mean he didn't try, such as with his big push for Amnesty back in 2007.  But overall you have to really screw up as a Republican to not get elected in Utah (such as that idiot, Olene Walker, did).

Since he left his ambassadorship he's tilted significantly to the Left.  And although you consider it to be good political strategy, his wishy-washy brand of Mormonism has offended a fair number of people here.  I don't really think he would win re-election if he ran for governor now.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Looking......

Not a video, but a link outlining his flip-flop on that, too.

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/politico/article/Huntsman-Cap-and-trade-failed-1377229.php

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]

I can say with 99% confidence that during a Huntsman or Romney administration there will be NO "bimbo eruptions".  Both guys are clean as the proverbial baby's behind (post-diaper change and bath, of course).

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Reid, I understand.

Romney, I understand...

Um, Huntsman had NOTHING to do with concealed carry on Utah's campuses.  That statement is pure BS.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4307062

It was always part of the law passed in 1995.  The University of Utah simply ignored it, until the Utah Supreme Court smacked them down and forced them to comply with state law in 2006.

Huntsman was just a spectator in the process.

Now Huntsman DID sign some pro-gun bills as part of the legislative process.  But I'm pretty sure any Republican governor would have done the same.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=12307

ETA:  Edited to make it less harsh.  I have nothing against juni4ling personally.

Also, if it came down to Huntsman and Obama then by all means, Huntsman it is.  I've already voted for him twice to keep a Democrat weenie out of office; I can do it again.

I appreciate your input... But Huntsmans *personal* involvement in the Utah Concealed Carry Law is outlined here:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/660202851/U-to-drop-lawsuit-on-campus-gun-ban.html

He was *tremendously* popular in an *overwhelmingly* conservative state...

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I can say with 99% confidence that during a Huntsman or Romney administration there will be NO "bimbo eruptions".  Both guys are clean as the proverbial baby's behind (post-diaper change and bath, of course).

If either one of these milquetoast, boring turds manage to stumble into the White House, that will be a small consolation.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#25]
all the more reason not to vote for the guy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#26]
yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ....... still waiting for a real leader to emerge

and no freaking RINO's either

and hell no to Ron the moonbat Paul
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Lots of WIN in that pic. Lots.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Lots of WIN in that pic. Lots.

Yup, too bad his cock isn't running for POTUS.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:42:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Looking......

See above.  Supports Cap and trade, Obamacare, Stimulus.  Yes, quite the conservative guy.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll pass

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#31]
NRA endorsement doesn't mean he's not a RINO.  I'm not saying he IS, but the NRA endorses lots of RINOs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:49:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Not sure why.  Huntsman sounds more presidential than other folks.

<–– Paulbot here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:57:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Another RINO...<YAWN>

B-F-D

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#35]
The MS-LSD crowd likes him so that gives me pause. That said he's not a creepy as Romney or Perry. I won't discount him out of hand.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Whoa. Nice D-Cup in blue.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whoa. Nice D-Cup in blue.

Blue, purple, red & orange all look nice!

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:27:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not sure why.  Huntsman sounds more presidential than other folks.

<–– Paulbot here.

Huntsman sounds about excited and enthusiastic as the guy reading the farm report on the oldies station.....

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Sarah Palin
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#40]
I know nothing about Huntsman other than his name and that he's planning on running.  If he got an endorsement from Harry Reid, I now know all I need to know.  No to Huntsman.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#42]
So Huntsman is now the Medias darling, taking Romney's spot!

Just remember, last general election, McCain was the Medias darling!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#43]
I like him, his stance on the second amendment is very respectable, especially when compared to that fuck wad Romney. I also think he has the potential to knock Obama out of office, so far I think he is our best bet!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So Huntsman is now the Medias darling, taking Romney's spot!

Just remember, last general election, McCain was the Medias darling!

Might as well just coin it now......... McHuntsman

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I know nothing about Huntsman other than his name and that he's planning on running.  If he got an endorsement from Harry Reid, I now know all I need to know.  No to Huntsman.

Ever thought that the democrats may be backing him because they are afraid of him and hope he loses in the primary?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I know almost nothing about the man. He was being praised on MSNBC last night. That throws up flags for me. I'll have to look more at his record/views before I comment further.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Any public official that buys into the necessity to rob my freedom because a bunch of frauds convinced him people are warming the earth needs to be put in stocks in the public square, not promoted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AGREE

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Rally? No one yet?

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#50]
If you believe in global warming, like he does, I don't just disagree with you, I lose all respect for you because you are a moron.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top