Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 3:58:21 PM EDT

My girlfriends mom and her aunt inherited 74 acres of land 38.5 of that is my girlfriends moms and this is the land I am hunting on. Anyways her uncle whose wife owns the other half has been using all of it to hunt. He has planted food all over, has 6+ stands out there 5 on her land, electronic deer calls, corn, treats for them, 2-3 game cameras and mirrors to get their attention. I also found  where he had been dumping junk like old couches and bicycles on the far back side of the moms land.

I have been very close to my girlfriend and her mom for over 2 years now. The uncle lives next door but doesn’t do anything for anyone so I always help out the ladies since he is the only other man around.

Anyways I was back hunting on the land. I used a survey and google earth to make an accurate map of the property so I would not stray from her land. Anyways he comes storming down the road on his four wheeler stops and starts to chewing me out about not helping him any during the summer. He never asked me, and if he had I would have told him to leave me some areas alone, because I don’t use any of the crap he is domesticating them with.

Well anyways to my knowledge he has been hunting since season started and I don’t think he has killed one. Today is my second day hunting and I scouted and found an area that was not disturbed by him. I built a natural hide for an hour or so. Then laid down in it for an hour and low and behold a doe comes trotting a long. I didn’t take the shot, but it was pretty funny how he was lecturing me on my hunting style and 3-4 hours in the woods would have already landed me a deer. I guess he will really be pissed when he finds out I squirrel hunt ten times more than I deer hunt lol.

So if you were him would you have any right to be pissed? Since I have just as much right to be there as him I find it funny he thinks I should have to work so he can share hunting land with me lol. I told him it was like a sharecropper asking the owner of the land to pitch in lol. I just have no interest in using any of the stuff he is. I like to hunt naturally and improvise using only the things I can carry or obtain from the area.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
He has the right to do what he wants with all the property and your mom and her agents(you) have the right to use everything he did.

Tell him to FOAD and you will hunt his stuff until he moves the junk from your g/f's mom's side.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
he has no right to say anything. He uses your gf's mom's land without permission. Why do you need permission from him to hunt on their land?

fuck him
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
is the property posted?If not screw him.
The bucks seem to keep the doe's off of feeders at the beginning of the season anyway, just thats been my experience.
I say make sure you have permission to hunt on the land which i'm sure you already do.
And tell your girlfriends mom to make him clean up that shit on her property too.

had to edit some spelling there
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd say since it is your GF and not your wife tell them about the dumping but be sure to tread lightly here.  This being your girlfriend (and sorry if I am assuming too much) you don't want to find out too late who's side she will take in a dispute between you and her family.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

he has no right to say anything. He uses your gf's mom's land without permission. Why do you need permission from him to hunt on their land?

fuck him

They are a close family nobody had a problem with him hunting on her land. He has been doing it since my girlfriends dad passed away. I just found out her dad couldn't stand him and there were tons of issues with land involved between them. We'll I have an great survey that is accurate to at least 5 yards, and I know I never had any intention of going on his land. I don't see what his problem is.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'd say since it is your GF and not your wife tell them about the dumping but be sure to tread lightly here. This being your girlfriend (and sorry if I am assuming too much) you don't want to find out too late who's side she will take in a dispute between you and her family.

Oh she thinks he is a major jerk long before this happened lol. Maybe he is crazy from being surrounded by all of these women. He also has a 28 year old son with special needs so I bet his life must really be stressful. I had hoped we would become hunting friends since. The family loves me because I am the only one that will do anything for them.

The land is not posted, and I have permission to be there in fact I was back there with my girlfriend the first time he was rude to us. What ticks me off was he wasn't ranting at me, he was referring to my girlfriend. Saying we were off having fun out of town during the summer. He even made some smart remark about us being college educated so we must know everything or something lol. I have no idea where that came from.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
you have a few options.

no 1 : go to your local barber and gather some cut hair and put around his stands.
no 2 : take a crap in his stand
no 3 : find his game camera and and moon it

seriously, i  would just make it clear with him that you will be hunting there and that he will respect your right to hunt there
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
just curious.., what part of LA.?  I'm from there and still hunt there.
Mostly ducks though...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag for the shitstorm thats coming. Hunting land is SACRED if its all you have to hunt. Nobody likes a new guy horning into his hunting area, even though you have permission to be there.

Im gonna guess this guy is going to cause you all kind of problems. Bad situation to be in man.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
fuck him
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Tag for the shitstorm thats coming. Hunting land is SACRED if its all you have to hunt. Nobody likes a new guy horning into his hunting area, even though you have permission to be there.

Im gonna guess this guy is going to cause you all kind of problems. Bad situation to be in man.

Well he was pulling his stands down today, even though nobody asked him to. I told him that nobody minded him hunting there he was just going to have to put up with us coming out there several days a month to hunt. I guess he is a stubborn old man, he has a son thats at least 10 years older than me lol. Oh well I have been polite the best I could, but you can't argue with stubborn.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My girlfriends mom and her aunt inherited 74 acres of land 38.5 of that is my girlfriends moms. Anyways her uncle whose wife owns the other half has been using all of it to hunt. He has planted food all over, has 6+ stands out there 5 on her land, electronic deer calls, corn, treats for them, 2-3 game cameras and mirrors to get their attention. I also found a where he had been dumping junk like old couches and bicycles on the far back side of her land.

I have been very close to my girlfriend and her mom for over 2 years now. The uncle lives next door but doesn’t do anything for anyone so I always help out the ladies since he is the only other man around.

Anyways I was back hunting on the land. I used a survey and google earth to make an accurate map of the property so I would not stray from her land. Anyways he comes storming down the road on his four wheelers stops and starts to chewing me out about not helping him any during the summer. He never asked me, and if he had I would have told him to leave me some areas alone, because I don’t use any of the crap he is domesticating them with.

Well anyways to my knowledge he has been hunting since season started and I don’t think he has killed one. Today is my second day hunting and I scouted and found an area that was not disturbed by him. I built a natural hide for an hour or so. Then laid down in it for an hour and low and behold a doe comes trotting a long. I didn’t take the shot, but it was pretty funny how he was lecturing me on my hunting style and 3-4 hours in the woods would have already landed me a deer. I guess he will really be pissed when he finds out I squirrel hunt ten times more than I deer hunt lol.

So if you were him would you have any right to be pissed? Since I have more right to be than him I find it funny he thinks I should have to work so he can share hunting land with me lol. I told him it was like a sharecropper asking the owner of the land to pitch in lol.

Wrong...your just a boyfriend.  He's married to a co-owner so it's basically his land.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My girlfriends mom and her aunt inherited 74 acres of land 38.5 of that is my girlfriends moms. Anyways her uncle whose wife owns the other half has been using all of it to hunt. He has planted food all over, has 6+ stands out there 5 on her land, electronic deer calls, corn, treats for them, 2-3 game cameras and mirrors to get their attention. I also found a where he had been dumping junk like old couches and bicycles on the far back side of her land.

Anyways I was back hunting on the land. I used a survey and google earth to make an accurate map of the property so I would not stray from her land. Anyways he comes storming down the road on his four wheelers stops and starts to chewing me out about not helping him any during the summer. He never asked me, and if he had I would have told him to leave me some areas alone, because I don’t use any of the crap he is domesticating them with.

So if you were him would you have any right to be pissed? Since I have more right to be than him I find it funny he thinks I should have to work so he can share hunting land with me lol. I told him it was like a sharecropper asking the owner of the land to pitch in lol.

Wrong...your just a boyfriend.  He's married to a co-owner so it's basically his land.

This.

Plus, you did not "land a deer".  Nothing is for sure until the meat is hanging.  Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#15]
If it were me, I would just get written permission from your girlfriends mom, make sure I knew the property lines and stayed within the land I had permission to hunt, and not do anything to escalate the situation with the guy.  Nothing good will come out of you trying to screw up his spot.  Take the high road, it will work out fine.

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
From the way you worded and punctuated your post it seems as though you despise this guy and everything he does and/or represents. You also sound quite  boastful and very self righteous, this leads me to believe that you speak and interact with this guy in a very condescending and patronizing way. I am not surprised that he does not care too much for the "smarty pants, know it all, upstart who thinks he is better than him" (and is fucking his niece).
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong...your just a boyfriend. He's married to a co-owner so it's basically his land.

This.

Plus, you did not "land a deer". Nothing is for sure until the meat is hanging. Just sayin'.

He doesn't co-own it the land I am on. It is my girlfriends moms. His and his wifes land is smaller but still 20+ acres. It attaches to hers but I have not been on it. He is using both and has 6-7 stands on both of them.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

From the way you worded and punctuated your post it seems as though you despise this guy and everything he does and/or represents. You also sound quite boastful and very self righteous, this leads me to believe that you speak and interact with this guy in a very condescending and patronizing way. I am not surprised that he does not care too much for the "smarty pants, know it all, upstart who thinks he is better than him" (and is fucking his niece).

Ha ha, really? Is it because I didn't use 20 F bombs like the other rants on here, or were you offended because you have a similar hunting style?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
From the way you worded and punctuated your post it seems as though you despise this guy and everything he does and/or represents. You also sound quite boastful and very self righteous, this leads me to believe that you speak and interact with this guy in a very condescending and patronizing way. I am not surprised that he does not care too much for the "smarty pants, know it all, upstart who thinks he is better than him" (and is fucking his niece).

Ha ha, really? Is it because I didn't use 20 F bombs like the other rants on here, or were you offended because you have a similar hunting style?

I think you just proved my point, thank you.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you just proved my point, thank you.

Well, after listening for awhile I did get a bit snippy lol. The worst I said was when he said what if he had shot us walking down the trail, and I said well if you can't tell the difference you shouldn't be hunting at all lol. My girlfriend was so glad to see me when I came out because of some disturbing events that have happened in the past. She thought I might be dead.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I have deer hunted for 33 years and have never seen someone "lay down" and hunt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have deer hunted for 33 years and have never seen someone "lay down" and hunt.

ohhh yeah..
what we got here is a "sniper boy"..
i'm will bet the farm...

i've been hunting for 34 years myself and never actually seen it either, but i have heard stories.

Remember. the OP is the "boyfriend"...he carries no weight.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Sorry, but this thread doesn't deliver.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Tell me again how much of the family land there that you own?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]
are they tenants in common (co-tenants) or do each hold their 1/2 in fee simple?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I do lol, but not always, it works well if you hunt in a lot of different places and need concealment using pine limbs and stuff that you can grab on your way in. My hide was big enough so that I sat up when it got dark and my neck started hurting. I whittled a rifle rest using a fork in a dead limb. Layed grass down in the hide area to rest on. It actually is fun and effective. The pine neddles smell so good, the cold earth feels great on a hot day. For anyone that talks about SHTF and sniping like so many do on arfcom I suggest you try it a few times lol, it takes some getting used to that is for sure.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

are they tenants in common (co-tenants) or do each hold their 1/2 in fee simple?

Their land is spilt down the middle. He doesn't have any stake in the land I am on.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their land is spilt down the middle. He doesn't have any stake in the land I am on.

Ok well then he has no business on your land and you have no business on his. I'd sell yours and get a different piece with less hostile neighbors personally.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Uh, you're supposed to lay down and wait for them to come out of their burrows.  A man was gored by a buck on opening day when he crawled into one of the burrows.  It was a frightful scene, blood and broken antler pieces everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, you're supposed to lay down and wait for them to come out of their burrows. A man was gored by a buck on opening day when he crawled into one of the burrows. It was a frightful scene, blood and broken antler pieces everywhere.

Well, since I only use what I can find. I build these little hides out of small pines and sit or lay in them. I lay for as long as I can then sit up. I hunt in so many different places because I live in another town and come stay here for a week or so about every month. The girlfriend enjoys hunting so I take her.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, you're supposed to lay down and wait for them to come out of their burrows. A man was gored by a buck on opening day when he crawled into one of the burrows. It was a frightful scene, blood and broken antler pieces everywhere.

Well, since I only use what I can find. I build these little hides out of small pines and sit or lay in them. I lay for as long as I can then sit up. I hunt in so many different places because I live in another town and come stay here for a week or so about every month. The girlfriend enjoys hunting so I take her.

We're just busting your balls.

I sometimes hunt from this nice rock face laying down.  It overlooks a beautiful stand of oak trees.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not advocating any COC violations, but 74 acres is a lot of land to search for a missing person.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I'm not advocating any COC violations, but 74 acres is a lot of land to search for a missing person.

Well after criticizing my Rem 700 in 7mm Rem. Mag. and my Leupold 4x scope. He pointed out all that he uses in a .22lr. There is a highline on the land so I think my rifle was a good choice since I only felt like bringing one gun.

I didn’t want to aggravate the conversation anymore by telling him that hunting deer with a .22 rimfire was illegal here. So if he does decide to take a shot at me hopefully it will be a .22lr and I can live long enough to defend myself lol, but that is all just kidding. He seems a little disturbing but nothing to indicate he would harm anyone else.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Electronic deer calls and mirrors. WTF?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yea sounds like a serial killer's playland...

call the po-po on him

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea sounds like a serial killer's playland...

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Saw-3-movie-05.jpg

call the po-po on him

He actually looks a tad like that guy lol.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#37]
IMHO - You're nothing more than the boyfriend @ this point - not family.  That is probably one of his beefs w/ you.  Secondly, how the hell did you spend an HOUR building a place to sit?  Ever hear of sitting beside a fuckin tree to brake up your outline?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Why don't I see pics of said g/f???
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Update:

I was hunting back there today. He was up at his house. He started riding his four wheeler up and down every trail looking for me. We got into another argument. Didn't really exchange any new information. I showed him the survey overlaid on google earth and showed him exactly where we were at, he said we were on his land and that I had made the map appear the way I wanted it to. Which he knew was BS and he quickly dropped the issue when I pointed out where every single one of his stands where and that we were on the far edge of my girl’s mom’s property. He left ripped and roared around every trail in a sadistic manner trying to disturb the land as much as possible, then showed up again as I was closer to where I was going. I told him he could ride up and down all of these trails and it wouldn't bother me none I don't even shoot at most of the deer I see, I just enjoy the woods. We talked some more but he was not as aggressive as before. I have remained civil and have not raised my voice or done anything threatening. Just minding my own business not caring what he does. I think he realized I had no interest in hunting where all of his crap was set up. He left. He came back again a little while later and was totally different attitude. He pulled up and said you want to learn something. I want you to come me with me to this volunteer fire fighter test or what not in another town. I told him I'd ride out with him since my g/f was almost home and she was going to go back into the woods with me. He really pushed for me to go with him and wanted me to unload my rifle and put it in his house. I told him he was being too disturbing for me to trust him at the time. I don't know what his intentions were but he was being nicer. Maybe he is up to more sadistic behavior, or maybe he realizes I am right and he can't beat me so he must try to force some other type of dominance over me.

The girlfriend and I then went hunting. She was surprised that after 2 days I could walk straight to where I was going without a second thought. She has been walking those woods all of her life. We sat until it was too dark to see anything well and walked out. We spoke to her mom about all that was going on and her mom is major pissed at the uncle. She said he was an jerk and the grandma said he had always been a jerk lol. I told her if it was going to cause her any trouble I have other places I can hunt back at my house, and she said no that she wanted us to hunt there, she looked at the survey and google earth overlay and said it was dead on.

Here is the google map based on the survey. I asked the mom if her property really went down the middle of the grandmas house and she said yes it did but not to tell anyone lol. She had found out a few years ago when she was getting a new home. So it is dead on accurate. The property is spilt perfectly down the middle. The edge of his is the Road, and the Edge of hers is the thicker tree line. The line goes right down the middle of it. So it is 100% impossible for X (where he claimed I was on his land) to be on his land. I sure wish it was though, because that puts her land that much lower and that thick treeline is some prime squirrel hunting ground.

The 5 S's are all stands he has on her property. He has tons more on his own. h is the place I scouted and like. Tons of fresh tracks and some rubs. This is where I saw the doe. I actually made this map and was having it lamenated so he could have a copy to keep up with tracks and stuff on it, and we could avoid disturbing each other by knowing which grid we would be in. I put tons of useful information on the back, but that was all before any of this happened.

Ok and a girlfriend pic

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

It is his wife's property even if the guy is a squirrel. Never heard of the mirror thing before.

He isn't on his property he is on his sister in laws, my girlfriends mom. I dont know why he doesn't just hunt on his own land. He has 30+ acres, why does he need 5 stands on land that isn't even his, he can walk behind his house into 30 acres of his own land lol. I think what might be going on his he doesn't want us to see what he does back there. If he hunts deer with a .22lr its for a reason. Maybe he is killing every living thing that comes along. Sometimes I hear 5-6 .22 shots in quick succession coming from the woods, and I have yet to see him skin anything or talk about killing any squirrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top