User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2013 10:18:56 AM EDT

Left link cold

http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/home.html

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm going to step outside and shoot a squirrel for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
good luck fucktards
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]
GOOD, piss off more gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
wildlife and ecosystems are destroyers of themselves.

us hunters are the savior and regulators.    we are awesome.  everyone else can suck a dick

speaking of which

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Just for that im gonna burn some tires, shoot lead shot over a pond, poison my bird feeder, pee in public pools and start forest fires.. Ill show them...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#7]
There's a place for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

Ooops, forgot they don't believe in God.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Human development is the destroyer of wildlife and ecosystems.  Hunters just help ease the suffering.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh...

Liberal, eco-freaks are destroyers of common sense, intelligence, and logical thought.

<----------- animal lover who hasn't hunted in many years  
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#11]
2 steps to EASY disarmament of America:

1) convince everyone the 2nd amendment is only about hunting
2) ban hunting
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#12]
So...is it just sport hunting, or all hunting they hate.

And what's the difference?

There is a very affluent, old money, area a few miles from my house. About 10 years ago, some residents there got together and banned deer hunting in their borough.

After a couple years, the deer population was completely out of control. Nasty car accidents, delays while whole herds of deer blocked streets, dogs running off chasing deer, etc...

...the residents asked the hunters to come back

Speed
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't hunt, but looking at that makes me want to start.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet they loved Teddy Roosevelt
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Left link cold

http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/home.html

Man is a destroyer of wildlife and ecosystems on a macro scale. In the least, we are certainly environmental modifiers
to the point of negatively impacting other species and ecosystems. On the micro scale it is our evolutionary engrained nature to function as hunter-gathers.

Unfortunately, hunting and gathering resources translates to the larger system dynamic as resource depletion, thus causing environmental issues to arise
with logical repercussions. Only in the last century, and decades in some cases, has human civilization actively striven for balance and conservation.
And this conservation outlook is certainly not shared through the majority of societies comprising our race.

Individuals like to focus on one issue without appreciating the larger picture. Take the swelling deer populations in most of American cities and suburbs. We cite that without hunting these populations
Would swell unchecked and lead to increased disease and food depletion for the deer. We certainly must control the deer populations, but many overlook the primary reason for unchecked deer herds and that is the systematic eradication of natural predatory species. We have done well at decimating the original populations of bear, cougar, coyote and wolf populations that originally kept the deer herds in check endemic to most biospheres in the United States. That is why we see an explosion of deer, skunk, groundhog and feral hog populations.

ETA: I am a hunter and I have no issues with responsible hunting. I’m also a biologist and I appreciate system dynamics.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#16]
My favorite one tried to oppose the bear hunt when it reopened in New Jersey. This person wanted to explain how cruel and heartless hunters are, by explaining how hunters use a fawn bleat (distress) call to attract bears.

"When the bear comes to help the poor deer..."
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#17]
These people are fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

us hunters are the savior and regulators.    we are awesome.  everyone else can suck a dick

speaking of which

This... Every time you buy a gun, or some ammunition, or a fucking hunting or fishing license you are paying an excise tax - that has been improving habitat & wildlife populations since the 1930's... I'd wager that the average ARFCOM member has done more for the environment than these dirty hippy assclowns ever dreamed of.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There is a very affluent, old money, area a few miles from my house. About 10 years ago, some residents there got together and banned deer hunting in their borough.
After a couple years, the deer population was completely out of control. Nasty car accidents, delays while whole herds of deer blocked streets, dogs running off chasing deer, etc...

Speed

Love stories like that!

I don't care for killing animals anymore. And I despise "billy-bobs" who practice piss-poor hunting ethics (wounding animals, misidentifying species, etc). But like I tell anti-hunters when they go off on hunting... a bullet is a HELLUVA lot kinder than starving to death or dying of a disease. Which of course is what happens when populations are allowed to grow out of control.

Seriously... liberals are just BRAIN-DEAD when it comes to reasoning out basic facts of life.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#20]
For the record...I hunt more than I do anythng else. I spend 2-3 days in the woods and swamps every week. Usually hunting with a longbow, but I hunt with lots of different things, from handguns to AR's.

Anyway....we had a politician here in Michigan trying to ban dragging deer...because when you drag a deer out of the woods,  you damage too much plant life...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Love stories like that!

I don't care for killing animals anymore. And I despise "billy-bobs" who practice piss-poor hunting ethics (wounding animals, misidentifying species, etc). But like I tell anti-hunters when they go off on hunting... a bullet is a HELLUVA lot kinder than starving to death or dying of a disease. Which of course is what happens when populations are allowed to grow out of control.

Seriously... liberals are just BRAIN-DEAD when it comes to reasoning out basic facts of life.

The same borough would call their own police department when the electric company would trim trees on the roadsides; angered that they were destroying their natural wooded beauty.

Then, when their power went because a tree limb fell, the would call the power company and bitch

People are generally simple...

Speed

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Here's their Facebook page... Just saying...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Committee-to-Abolish-Sport-Hunting-CASH/102318025860
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

For the record...I hunt more than I do anythng else. I spend 2-3 days in the woods and swamps every week. Usually hunting with a longbow, but I hunt with lots of different things, from handguns to AR's.

Anyway....we had a politician here in Michigan trying to ban dragging deer...because when you drag a deer out of the woods,  you damage too much plant life...

This is some sort retarded shit from people who don't actually spend time outside.

I recall reading about a movement amongst hikers who urged us not to wear aggressive soled hiking boots because it left too much of an impact on nature

Speed

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh, boo hoo...

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My favorite one tried to oppose the bear hunt when it reopened in New Jersey. This person wanted to explain how cruel and heartless hunters are, by explaining how hunters use a fawn bleat (distress) call to attract bears.

No fucking way....

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#26]
hunters destroy wildlife by definition.  destroying ecosystems, however, is a very different matter.  factory farming is far, far more ecosystemically injurious than hunting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Citiot parasites and Vegan Organic hippies destroy more wildlife habitat and critters, than all hunters combined.

Every fucking Organic Vegan freak, competes directly with a dozen critters for chow.
Not only that, but because the freaks tend to congregate in Uban shitholes and other places where nothing worth a fuck grows, they have to be fed by hauling the chow to them.

Hunters just maintain the balance of things. Sadly, shooting Organic Vegan Hippies is against the law, so Bambi and Thumper have to be kept in check.

Encourage every Organic Vegan Hippie freak you meet, to do the right thing for the planet, and remove themselves from the foodchain using an environmentally friendly, and renewable method like drowning or jumping off tall bridges. It's for the children and Polar bears.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Name a species that has been hunted to extinction by man. Pretty short list of zero.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fucking way....

Way.

It was a letter published in the AIM news in West Milford, New Jersey, before they opened the first bear hunt. A bunch of us thought that a hunter sent the letter to try to make the antis look foolish, but then we realized that they looked foolish without any help from us.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

speaking of which

This... Every time you buy a gun, or some ammunition, or a fucking hunting or fishing license you are paying an excise tax - that has been improving habitat & wildlife populations since the 1930's... I'd wager that the average ARFCOM member has done more for the environment than these dirty hippy assclowns ever dreamed of.

100+ This

Hunters and Sportsman have literally saved several species. Trophy hunting of elephants is one example. The revenue generated by the hunts far outstrips the value of poaching. So the poachers basically stopped thus saving the wild herds.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#31]
so say the city dwellers...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Sometimes I hope for an apocalypse just so people like this can discover first hand just how fucking retarded they truly are
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Lol, that is great, fuck the antis, let them put their wallets out and pay what we do for Conservation.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Name a species that has been hunted to extinction by man. Pretty short list of zero.

Dodo, and Carrier Pigeon for two.

Sorry
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry

Tasmanian wolf too... right?

Stegasaurus?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Wild turkey populations have been exploding in the southeast in recent years. I plan on doing my part this spring to reduce that number by four.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry

They weren't hunted.

More like exterminated through commercial harvest, because of a total lack of conservation efforts.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#38]
CASH has been around quite a while. They're like PETA but they direct all their hate specifically at hunters.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#39]
After reading that tripe, I really can't wait to kill a bear this spring and parade it around town in the bed of my truck. I think I will stop at the hippie store, park right in front, and go inside covered in blood and thoroughly freak the heathens out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That other one last year was pretty funny. He said he was going to disguise himself as a deer so a hunter would feel guilty after shooting him.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That other one last year was pretty funny. He said he was going to disguise himself as a deer so a hunter would feel guilty after shooting him.

If I shot some idiot dress as an animal I'd ask the game warden if I could stuff him.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Bullshit, have you seen the fish boom in the gulf since oil rigs were put there. I thinks man has done a lot for fish in an area that has very few natural reefs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Hunters have just replaced the natural predators in the ecosystem. Deer populations have to be controlled by hunting or they will destroy their own habitat and die of starvation and disease. Reintroducing things like coyotes and wolves is not really a good idea either because they will find another niche to fit into instead of kill deer or other big game.  We used to have alot of quail and grouse here when I was a kid, but now there is none. I have not heard a quail call in over 15 years. Domesticated cats, coyotes, wild dogs, wild hogs have removed them. Deer and turkeys are really flourishing here because not as many hunters anymore. We I first started hunting at 14, the opening morning of deer season sounded like a small war. The last few years I have only heard one or two shots being fired on opening morning.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#44]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Meh, animals have had the same amount of time we have had to develop high tech weaponry. It's their fault for being lazy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Here is their address for disposal of the remains:

C.A.S.H.

P.O. Box 13815, Las Cruces, NM 88013

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I shot some idiot dress as an animal I'd ask the game warden if I could stuff him.

IIRC, there were a bunch of antis up there who wanted to run around the woods with those antler hats during the six day season. Their friends were able to talk them out of it. The place where I worked sold Carhardt at the time. I suggested a sale on the dark brown jackets.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry

I hope you mean passanger pigeon and they weren't hunted to extinction. The last of them were wiped out when their large roost was wiped out in a storm.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#49]
They state their committee is a sub-organization of these folks - http://www.wildwatch.org/
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is some sort retarded shit from people who don't actually spend time outside.

I recall reading about a movement amongst hikers who urged us not to wear aggressive soled hiking boots because it left too much of an impact on nature

Speed

That settles it!!

The next time the local deer herd sleeps in my yard I am going to tell the alpha buck to cut that shit out! They are leaving crop circles in my Blue Fescue when they bed down...Bastards!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top