Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 4:36:23 PM EDT
My whole house humidifier isn't working and I found that I'm not getting 24v power to the humidistat.  I traced that back to the thermostat terminal on the furnace that's supposed to output 24v power and I found the white wire going to the humidistat is disconnected.  The red wire is connected to the "C" terminal.  

Here's the wiring diagram to my furnace.  Any idea where the white wire should connect to?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Normally it would be connected to the W when wired like this the humidifier would only work when the heat is running.

A better way would be to add a relay so when the humidstat calls it turns the fan and the humidifier on instead of just when the heat is running
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top