Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:50:22 PM EDT
.... watch your first full zombie flick?

My 4 year old boy is immune; the first night I bought Zombieland and I thought he'd be scared, he turned around and made me watch it three times in a row because he thought it was so damn funny. The reason I bring it up is because the boy, myself and my almost-2-year-old daughter watched the 1990 version of Night of the Living Dead.  Although she did say "I'm terred dada" (scared for those that don't speak toddler), she was laughing with us by the end and was cheering when they popped the zombies in the head.  Good shoot?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine was playing Doom (cool computer game-yes, this was 20 years ago) with his 4 and 5 year old sons.  There was a part in the game where you would get a potion, and then you had 10 seconds of hand to hand whoop-ass where you punch the bad guys, resulting in blood, gore, etc.  In the course of playing the game the 4 year old was annoying the 5 year old, who turned to his brother, and wham! punched him squarely in the nose, knocking him off his feet, just like the game.....

Sometimes kids can't seperate reality from fantasy very well....be careful.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
eh, the way i see it... kids that don't watch zombie movies and or fight with their siblings at least a couple times are more likely to grow up to be lib-tards...

K.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
It's never to early to prepare the children....

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched them when I was that age. Take that as a warning
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Theaters have to post signs saying that six year olds can't accompany adults to R-rated films, because parents don't care what their children see...
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If it gets to titties and/or sex scenes, I cover his eyes; hell, HE usually puts his head behind a pillow if people start kissing too long because he knows I'll do it if not.  The little girl I usually just don't watch anything with yet... shitty cartoons it is.

What's funny about it all was that I used to watch the Friday the 13th's as a 5-10 old all the time, and LOVED the gratuitous titty scenes from the 80's.  In fact, my dad used to name them after me (we'll call them fratty movies) because he knew I like the titties so much.  I even remember my mom finally asking "WHY do you like these things so much?" (between covering my eyes on and off).... I didn't know WHY, I just knew I liked TITTIES!

Maybe that's went wrong, eh?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They are never too young to start preparing for the zombie menace.
Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about it too much.As long as they understand it's not real it's not a problem.I'd be more worried if they were watching Captain Planet or some other politically correct propaganda.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#8]
my two year old grandson is now blaming the zombies for pooping in his pull up.he runs around all day shooting them with his nerf gun.I fear I have created a monster.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
my two year old grandson is now blaming the zombies for pooping in his pull up.he runs around all day shooting them with his nerf gun.I fear I have created a monster.

Yes, yes you have Bell, and it's a wonderful thing!

One of most fondest memories of Frat Jr at 2 was not only the "In da HEAD, daddy!" but that we used to routinely clear out the house of zombies.  His Glock was only slightly more plastic than my G26!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://i55.tinypic.com/30rl169.jpg

That picture is awesome
Also I started watching gore movies when I was five or six.  I turned out fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I did show my Son that they were just actors.

Found some Youtube clips of people getting madeup with the latex skin and fake blood.

Then we went around the house moaning "Brains!!!" and generally getting the dog worked up.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
My son refers to "For Whom The Bell Tolls" as "The Zombie Song"  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The artist, Jason Chan, is selling these in three different sizes in poster format.  

Expensive, but worth it for something you can hang in the kids' room to inspire them.

And there is another topic about parents taking their kids to see movies before it is appropriate for their ages.  

To me, it depends on the kid.  But most toddlers or younger don't belong in a theater audience, no matter what is on the screen.  

Have a little consideration for the other audience members.  If your kid is gonna cry take him/her out of the theater.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Jason Chan just got some of my money....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top