Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/7/2005 1:51:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a great deal!

Thanks for setting this up, HiramRanger.  Though i do not have any "Pre-94" ARs, I have traded my beta-c and Pre-ban Glock mags to several NY'ers and would do this in a heartbeat.  It is for a good cause!
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Good deal, definately a worthy cause...nice!
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang, I have a pre-ban Eagle Arms rifle
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel that this should be a sticky.

Sadly I am behind the wrong iron curtain.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a great deal for someone who has a few pre-ban AR's.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
So if this goes through, I can go up to BJs one day and get an AR in pre-ban config?
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The new location is across the river, filling the void left when the Pistol Parlor went out of business.  Route 9 and 20 in Rennsalaer.

Ha. My ex is from there.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#15]
how about preban oly's?
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
how about preban oly's?

For those that have receivers other than Bushmaster or Colt, B&J Guns will offer you TWO new Rock River Arms stripped lowers for your USED pre-ban lower.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Dang, I have a pre-ban Eagle Arms rifle

Me too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#19]
what's the legality of mounting a suppressor on any of these?  As far as I know it doesn't matter any more because the ban has expired but I'm new to the world of class3 so I want to know if there is any reason I should not exchange my pre-ban lower for these no-ban lowers.

Does it matter if they are currently stripped if I have a reciept showing it left the shop as a full 20" HBAR?
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
what's the legality of mounting a suppressor on any of these?  As far as I know it doesn't matter any more because the ban has expired but I'm new to the world of class3 so I want to know if there is any reason I should not exchange my pre-ban lower for these no-ban lowers.

Over 2,000 posts and you don't even know what the awb was?  Sound suppressors are NFA items.  Flash suppressors are awb items.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag , I'll  play.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#24]
tag, I gotta check my S/N on the bushy

ETA.
Damm L292

must be post
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#25]
when would be an appropriate time to call?

I'd hate to bother him at dinner time....but the deal sounds too good to wait until tommorow
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#26]
That's about $315 worth of lowers.  Then you have to pay transfers for them and, best case scenario, you are looking at (315-60) $255 worth of goods for your pre-ban lower.

Then "Brian," in turn, rapes us ban staters when we could just as easily send you $315 and you buy your own lowers... of a brand of your choosing.

There should be another "free-state, ban-state" trade thread.  Work out your own deals, because I'm sure NY folks will eat up your Colts and CT people will eat up your Bushies.  CT folks in particular will dive onto Olys, PWAs, etc. since our ban is worded differently than the Fed AWB.

I don't want to shit on a paying dealer or Hiram, but please don't pretend that ANYONE is doing anyone a favor here.  The fact that we still pay out the nose for pre-bans does not mean that the continual raping we take on them is any less than what it is.

- BG

EDIT:  I'll eat my words and be a bit less cranky if Brian hooks ban staters up with those lowers for $400 or less.  Non-Colt/Bushy for $300 or less.  This leaves room for him to recoup shipping costs and pocket a little.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Great idea. If I had any pre '94 lowers I would go for it. I just sent my supply of pre ban GLOCK mags to an NY member last week.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's about $315 worth of lowers.  Then you have to pay transfers for them and, best case scenario, you are looking at (315-60) $255 worth of goods for your pre-ban lower.

Then "Brian," in turn, rapes us ban staters when we could just as easily send you $315 and you buy your own lowers... of a brand of your choosing.

There should be another "free-state, ban-state" trade thread.  Work out your own deals, because I'm sure NY folks will eat up your Colts and CT people will eat up your Bushies.  CT folks in particular will dive onto Olys, PWAs, etc. since our ban is worded differently than the Fed AWB.

I don't want to shit on a paying dealer or Hiram, but please don't pretend that ANYONE is doing anyone a favor here.  The fact that we still pay out the nose for pre-bans does not mean that the continual raping we take on them is any less than what it is.

- BG

EDIT:  I'll eat my words and be a bit less cranky if Brian hooks ban staters up with those lowers for $400 or less.  Non-Colt/Bushy for $300 or less.  This leaves room for him to recoup shipping costs and pocket a little.  

I didn't know Mike was preventing you from working out any deal you want for pre ban lowers, did he threaten you with his tiny dog? I managed to get a hold of a number of preban lowers after the ban ended without having my ankles bit.

I don't have the money to build another rifle.  If someone put one up for $200, I simply don't have the money.  A great guy hooked me up one-for-one, Bushy for Bushy, after the ban.  I have a pre-ban Bushy, and it makes me very happy.  THAT is helping someone out.

I'm not trying to knock Mike or Brian, but this all appears to be a thinly veiled attempt to make a profit but is presented as "helping."  Like I said above, a new trade thread would be more helpful.  No middle man and maybe a little less financial raping.

Right after the ban, dozens upon dozens of Arfcommers came together to help out ban-staters that they didn't even know.  That was some fantastic stuff.  This stripped lower deal is giving the free-staters less than we ban-staters are willing to pay and I betcha "someone" is going to make a good penny when they unload the pre-bans on us ban-staters at a high price.

Like I said, I look forward to eating my words if I am proven wrong.  I don't see it happening, though.

- BG
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#32]

There should be another "free-state, ban-state" trade thread. Work out your own deals, because I'm sure NY folks will eat up your Colts and CT people will eat up your Bushies. CT folks in particular will dive onto Olys, PWAs, etc. since our ban is worded differently than the Fed AWB

That is a dogone OUTSTANDING idea!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need a pre ban ! Fng NY liberal  @#!$@!%#@!
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'm not trying to knock Mike or Brian, but this all appears to be a thinly veiled attempt to make a profit but is presented as "helping."

What, particularly, do you find wrong with a dealer both helping out some ban staters and making a profit on it while he's at it?

I do not see any problem here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Not everyone knows about, or has access to AR15.com. If Brian gets more pre-ban lowers into NY and the guys out of state get a good deal then great. I would hope that Brian tries to make money in the process. I don't work for free and don't expect him to.

Personally I obviously can get ahold of pre-ban lowers  easier than getting them from Brian, but I don't see how his buying them up hurts me and he's at least allowing people who don't have the ability to easily get pre bans to at least have one.

I can still get them on my own from guys from outside this area at whatever price I can negotiate, just like you can.

This isn't about me getting pre-bans.  I am fine on ARs.  I just put a down payment on an AK74, the total price of which excedes my current bank balance.  I have NADA for funds.

If you check Shotgun news, Gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com, or the EE you can find prebans.  All I see in this thread in particular is an attempt to profit in the name of "helping."  I think it is bogus.

We BOTH can get pre-bans.  It isn't an availability thing.  It is a price thing.  Duping guys into getting rid of their prebans in order to "help" ban-staters when one will just reap the rewards is a farce.

I'm in no mood to get into a pissing match.  When I need something, I go specifically to vendors that support the site.  I don't like to talk smack but this smells like bullshit.

I'm happy to see pre-bans ending up behind enemy lines but for Christ's sake, the sellers are going to get duped and the ban-staters aren't going to get some awesome deal.  We will, however, have a middle-man making some cash.

I see CT dealers doing this all the time.  Snagging prebans online and dumping them in-store for profit.  That's business.   This deal in this thread is a scam.

Once again, I hope to eat my words in the future, in the event that anyone is duped into selling.

- BG
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:17:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not trying to knock Mike or Brian, but this all appears to be a thinly veiled attempt to make a profit but is presented as "helping."

What, particularly, do you find wrong with a dealer both helping out some ban staters and making a profit on it while he's at it?

I do not see any problem here.

From Mike's original post:

"So why not take this opportunity to help your New York brethren out and receive three NEW receivers for your USED receiver?"

How bout you help out a ban-stater by selling your lower on the EE for less than what others are asking but still enough to buy three... no... FOUR stripped lowers!

How about a straight up one on one trade?  THAT'S helping someone out.

Bushy lowers are going for $450-700.  Ditch it to someone in NY for $400 and you are "helping" and getting more out of it than the current scheme.

- BG

Link Posted: 11/7/2005 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#37]
tag
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag,

Breacher
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm with Bucc_Guy on this. Of course, I am a cynical prick too. But $325.00 +/- worth of lowers in exchange for a lower that will sell for $600.00+/-? There's at least one New Yorker getting helped out.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm with Bucc_Guy on this. Of course, I am a cynical prick too. But $325.00 +/- worth of lowers in exchange for a lower that will sell for $600.00+/-? There's at least one New Yorker getting helped out.

Did you just call me a cynical prick?

- BG
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it's a good offer.  True, they intend to make a profit off the deal, but that's OK too.  

When was the last time that the nay-sayers went out of their way to take a loss on a deal?  And are any of them willing to even come close to what B&J have placed on the table?

I was gonna upgrade a couple of my ARs anyhow next month, and had discussed at length with my local AR expert about best-case options.  This sounds like the way I'm gonna go, and I'll be calling B&J first thing tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think it's a good offer.  True, they intend to make a profit off the deal, but that's OK too.  

When was the last time that the nay-sayers went out of their way to take a loss on a deal?  And are any of them willing to even come close to what B&J have placed on the table?

I was gonna upgrade a couple of my ARs anyhow next month, and had discussed at length with my local AR expert about best-case options.  This sounds like the way I'm gonna go, and I'll be calling B&J first thing tomorrow.

Are you still waiting for a Shrike, by any chance?

Just curious.

- BG
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over 2,000 posts and you don't even know what the awb was?  Sound suppressors are NFA items.  Flash suppressors are awb items.

Sorry crashburnrepeat is correct. Because a sound suppressor is also a flash suppressor you were required to install it on a preban receiver prior to the sunset of the Federal AWB. If you had a registered machine gun then it didn't matter because a MG did not meet the definition of a SAW under the AWB.

So the answer is "it doesn't matter anymore."
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#45]
3 RRA lowers for your Pre-Ban Bushy/Colt in the EE would not fly.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess that kinda sums it up now dosent it?
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I feel that this should be a sticky.

Sadly I am behind the wrong iron curtain.  

+1
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I guess that kinda sums it up now dosent it?

yea,

My only complaint is that my 99% SGW lower is only worth 2 lowers and not 3.
Link Posted: 11/7/2005 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top