Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:44:21 PM EDT
Lemme ask yall a question. How would you feel if you were interacting with some friends online and in the course of that interaction said or did something that made them uncomfortable or uneasy. But rather than contacting you about it and getting it out in the open and resolved they let it brood for weeks on end, talked about you behind your back and finally after weeks of letting you embarrass yourself got someone else to email you and clue you in. How would you feel if you made every effort to make things right with them but they wouldnt even talk to you but stated openly that it was all YOUR fault.

How would that make you feel and how would you deal with that?

btw dont ask, its personal and a loooooong story.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
i would say that person wasn't much of a friend in the first place and obviously doesn't value your friendship otherwise they would have said something to you and no one else. i know it sucks to lose friends but it sucks to let people treat you like crap too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If they aren't arfcomers, I'd drop them like a bag of cement.    
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had that happen too. The first thing I said was "Your mouth is working now, so what was wrong with it then?" I got the old "I didn't want to hurt your feelings", and "I was afraid of what you'd say."

Then I said "Next time, grow a spine and say something right then instead whining behind my back all that time."

A few days of silence, then we all moved on and let it go.

Now when my friends think I'm "ate up", they say so. I usually laugh and agree, and that's the end of it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If they aren't arfcomers, I'd drop them like a bag of cement.    

There ya go.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait...you're a man right?  And they're men as well?

Sooo:

You: Make Asshatted Comment

Your Friend(s): Dude, that's fucked up.

You: Yeah.  Want a beer?

Your Friend(s): Fuckin' A.

Tell them to shake the sand out of thier manginas.

BC
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How would you feel?  

Like I was back in highschool.

I don't do drama anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont spend a lot of time worrying about what people think of me.
I say things as I see them...if someone disagrees with me to the point where they no longer wish to be in my company, oh well, their loss. Be yourself and you will always enjoy the company you keep. If you have to sensor your commentary around certain people, I suggest not being around those people.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Online...hmmm

Ever met them?  No, then tell them to f-off and never talk to them again.  Yes, met them and apologize and discuss your feelings over a nice cup of tea...then watch Lifetime together...then have your testicles removed for feeling like this.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#9]
some of these replies are pretty funny. Unfortunately all the friends in question are women, none of them are arfcommers and at least one of them I have met before in person and would like to keep their friendship if possible but this miffs me. Im pretty sure the reasoning is that they didnt want to hurt my felings but geeze, the more you let something go on like this the worse it gets and I thought they would be mature enough by now to know this.

guess not huh?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
So many more issues to be worried about in real life. Next.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW Just WOW!! Remember women thrive on drama! If they don't have it in there one life they will create it.. Your best bet is to grab a bag of Cheetos a pack of two four an inflatable sheep and surf the arfcom and leave those drama queens behind!! You got us man thats all you need...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
some of these replies are pretty funny. Unfortunately all the friends in question are women, none of them are arfcommers and at least one of them I have met before in person and would like to keep their friendship if possible but this miffs me. Im pretty sure the reasoning is that they didnt want to hurt my felings but geeze, the more you let something go on like this the worse it gets and I thought they would be mature enough by now to know this.

guess not huh?

I say you just start capping on them by calling them fat asses and bitches. Give them something to really be offended about.

It takes a bigger person to go through life and not be offended than to get offended at everthing people say.

They should have called you on it  and told you ASAP. Not talked about you behind your back. That shows their lack of maturity.  

Like people who call others out on ARFcom on the boards instead of IMing the person in question. It isn't necessary and immature.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

unfortunately it is in real life. I know all of em for real but I interact with them online because they are all away at college right now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
You sent them a link to your webcam while you was wacking it?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How would you feel?  

Like I was back in highschool.

+1

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

unfortunately it is in real life. I know all of em for real but I interact with them online because they are all away at college right now.

Drink a beer, get some pussy and move on. So much more to worry about. Trust me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh come on, tell us what you said and we will tell you if you should care what they think.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#18]
If I were you, I guess I would be feeling a bit gay.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Some times, that is how it goes when you are playing in a band.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#20]
well thanx everyone. Its over. I made every effort to fix our friendship but they made none. I got a mail from them today saying it was all over and we are no longer friends. It is as yall said. They didnt care enough about our friendship in the first place to even try to fix it. They walked all over me and treated me like crap and somehow thought that they were the victims.

Just so yall know I stopped the nice guy act and ripped em to pieces. I wont post the details cuase its personal but ill just say I peeled the paint off the walls with a dressing down and a chewing out that they will never forget.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They walked all over me and treated me like crap and somehow thought that they were the victims.

Just so yall know I stopped the nice guy act and ripped em to pieces. I wont post the details cuase its personal but ill just say I peeled the paint off the walls with a dressing down and a chewing out that they will never forget.

[ Mr Burns ] Exxxxxcellent! [ / Mr Burns ]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I get it.  You told them you wanted to SPPP!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
well you said all I need to know, they are women, so I guess the next question is...

why are you "chatting" with a bunch of women on the internet? do you belong to a online quilting club?

are you a man or a woman?

men don't usually chat with women on line, usually it's business or sex, sometimes both. but never conversation. unless you are ghey, and then I guess it's all ok as it's just girl talk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top