Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:45:44 AM EDT
Other than the great feeling of "gotcha", how would things change?  Would all other Al Queda suddenly "see the light" and surrender?

I do not think so.

I want Osama dead as much as anyone, but at the end of the day, how does it change our war on terror?  I do believe he will become a martyr and possibly even more dangerous.

'da Lab
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Dems would find something else to bitch about.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]

How would things change if we did capture and kill Osama?

About as much as they did when Saddam was captured.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Conspiracy theorists would start threads about how it was all staged.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure that the Al Queada leadership has backups to take their places in case in any of their leadership is killed or captured.  It would be very foolish to think that they would just "fold up shop and go home."
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
the president's poll rating would be 90% positive
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing would change. Granted, he's public enemy #1, but we all know the .gov will never downsize or  give up the powers it's gotten out of this "war".  The sheep will cheer the president, until the dems find something else to hate him for.  The .gov will simply find more enemies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm sure that the Al Queada leadership has backups to take their places in case in any of their leadership is killed or captured.  It would be very foolish to think that they would just "fold up shop and go home."

I agree, but it would be a day I'd remember for the rest of my life, the day that FUCK loses his freedom or life at the hands of the U.S. military.

Al Queada would prop some other icon of jihad in his place, no doubt...and to be expected.

But to see Bin Laden in an orange Federal prisoner jump suit, shackled at the wrists, waist and ankles, and being pulled out of U.S. Marshals van at the steps of a Federal court house would be a real treat though.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't you already know that we have him?

We're just waiting on the elections.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Some say that he would be martyred and we would have an even larger problem. Look at the ties between Bin Laden and the CIA. Allegedly, he was treated at a Pakistani hospital by the CIA during the war in Afghanistan. But who knows, how could we verify that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
the president's poll rating would be 90% positive

Catching Osama my might be the catalyst to turn the direction of Bush's administration around but it would only be a start and it would help if Bush continued to get things right after he was caught.  The people in general don't give two cents about Osama, sure they would like to see him caught but he isn't leading Al Quada anymore, he's not in Iraq, he's not planting IEDs and blowing up our troops, he's not sparking a civil war, he's not telling Iran to build nukes, he's not responsible for gas being $2.50 a gallon, he's not letting the illegal's freely cross the border and giving them amnesty.  Catching Osama would be nothing more than a blip on the radar if Bush doesn't turn other things around.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:15:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Once CIA, always CIA, ya really think their gonna do away with one of our own guys???????

I mean shit, how are we gonna maintain our global war on terrorism for the next few decades, should the CIA guy they picked to head up their "faux" axis of evil actually turn up captured or killed.

Mike

ps - if he ain't dead already, then he's living the life of riley along with the head of the Pakistani ISI, Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad, (you remember him don't ya, as he's the guy that paid Mohamed Atta the $100k and was in high level meetings at the Pentagon on 9/11/01, before he was returned home to be retired least somebody actually ask about his connections to the hijackers) protected by those only interested in subverting the truth.

Here's abit of background about this CIA asset:

In the days following General Ahmad's dismissal, a report published in the Times of India, revealed the links between Pakistan's Chief spy Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad and the presumed "ring leader" of the WTC attacks Mohamed Atta. The Times of India article was based on an official intelligence report of the Delhi government that had been transmitted through official channels to Washington. Quoting an Indian government source Agence France Press (AFP) confirms in this regard that: "The evidence we [the Government of India] have supplied to the US is of a much wider range and depth than just one piece of paper linking a rogue general to some misplaced act of terrorism."

The revelation of the Times of India article has several implications. The Indian intelligence report not only points to the links between ISI Chief General Ahmad and terrorist ringleader Mohamed Atta, it also indicates that other ISI officials might have had contacts with the terrorists. Moreover, it suggests that the September 11 attacks were not an act of "individual terrorism" organised by a separate Al Qaeda cell, but rather they were part of coordinated military-intelligence operation, emanating from Pakistan's ISI.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He cannot be captured.  He must be killed and the body found and identifiable.  Captured he becomes a high profile politcal prisoner and threats and ransoms would be made.  Dead, and disgraced, with his body wrapped in bacon, he's another nobody and history will forget him as nothing more than a side note.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Once CIA, always CIA, ya really think their gonna do away with one of our own guys???????

I mean shit, how are we gonna maintain our global war on terrorism for the next few decades, should the CIA guy they picked to head up their "faux" axis of evil actually turn up captured or killed.

Mike

ps - if he ain't dead already, then he's living the life of riley along with the head of the Pakistani ISI, Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad, (you remember him don't ya, as he's the guy that paid Mohamed Atta the $100k and was in high level meetings at the Pentagon on 9/11/01, before he was returned home to be retired least somebody actually ask about his connections to the hijackers) protected by those only interested in subverting the truth.

In the days following General Ahmad's dismissal, a report published in the Times of India, revealed the links between Pakistan's Chief spy Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad and the presumed "ring leader" of the WTC attacks Mohamed Atta. The Times of India article was based on an official intelligence report of the Delhi government that had been transmitted through official channels to Washington. Quoting an Indian government source Agence France Press (AFP) confirms in this regard that: "The evidence we [the Government of India] have supplied to the US is of a much wider range and depth than just one piece of paper linking a rogue general to some misplaced act of terrorism."

The revelation of the Times of India article has several implications. The Indian intelligence report not only points to the links between ISI Chief General Ahmad and terrorist ringleader Mohamed Atta, it also indicates that other ISI officials might have had contacts with the terrorists. Moreover, it suggests that the September 11 attacks were not an act of "individual terrorism" organised by a separate Al Qaeda cell, but rather they were part of coordinated military-intelligence operation, emanating from Pakistan's ISI.

Uh-oh... sounds like someone actually RESEARCHED the history of the CIA and Bin Ladin!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Huge moral loss for the ROPers, Huge moral boost for us and our troops.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Huge moral loss for the ROPers, Huge moral boost for us and our troops.

+1
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
He needs to have his head attached to the end of a pointy stick. The rest of his carcass needs to cohabitate with some form of pig parts. His death would be a good thing for us, a bad thing for them.
Pershing rules of engagement.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey... where do I find the fox news thread, maybe I can learn the 'facts' that way.
:)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#19]
No change at all.  He is their spiritual leader but that's it.  Not a planner or logistician.  Just their "big Priest".  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Captured alive, fed pork daily, made to recant his views in the company of loose (ugly) women.  Upon death, fed to the pigs (who are then slaugthered and buried).
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Mike

You know I really didn't want to believe in the whole CIA thing, but about six months ago I started doing some research into it and sadly I think you're right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top