Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/11/2001 3:08:03 PM EDT
You know with all the laws that are being passed in the wonderful Republic of California I was wondering how they were, when the time comes, to confiscate all of the illegal weapons (I think the medias favorite word is,"Cache."). You see I'm a LEO and you know what? The day my Sgt. comes in to tell me that the Fed's have directed us to go to Mr. Smiths house because he has an AR that is illegal......I quit![-!-!-]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Plan A - They'll just keep telling us they're evil until we hand them in ourselves.

Plan B - They'll just keep telling the kids they're evil until they're not interested.  When all us old farts die off, so will gun ownership.

Glad you're on our side though. :-).
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Bravo. It is good to hear there are some LEOs actually thinking about this eventuality. I for one certainly hope I never see it in my lifetime, but the thought that some of you are considering your actions if this time ever came pleases me. I am in the National Guard Right now. I am not too sure I would have the option to tell them I quit. I do have other options, but not sure I want to go into them on this forum.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It will start as a "turn in your neighbor" program, then soon after will be "turn in your neighbor for reward" program.  This will get rid of the guns from outspoken gun owners either by confiscation or removal from the state. The next phase will be, with ATF assistance, the crossreferencing of kalifornia doj and 4473 records (from the MANY FFl's that have gone out of business or by plain strong arm tactics by the ATF) with the DMV. Denial of a driver's license will be the result of those that cannot prove they no longer have illegal firearms in their possession. This will further reduce the number of firearms in the state. Those that remain in possession, will be the subject of the dynamic entries.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I would be afraid if I was an LEO and I had to try and get a man to give me his guns...  Especially if he wasnt in a proper state of mind.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
It will start as a "turn in your neighbor" program, then soon after will be "turn in your neighbor for reward" program.  This will get rid of the guns from outspoken gun owners either by confiscation or removal from the state. The next phase will be, with ATF assistance, the crossreferencing of kalifornia doj and 4473 records (from the MANY FFl's that have gone out of business or by plain strong arm tactics by the ATF) with the DMV. Denial of a driver's license will be the result of those that cannot prove they no longer have illegal firearms in their possession. This will further reduce the number of firearms in the state. Those that remain in possession, will be the subject of the dynamic entries.
View Quote

You scare me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Well after I quit I'm grabbing my "Cache" of weapons and heading for the hills.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh yeah and let me answer thi before the letist pinko commie who I know is out there poses the ubequitous question of " As a law enforcement officer wouldn't you want to get these guns that could kill you off of the street?"

Answer: I don't see anyone wanting to ban automobiles. LEO's in California get killed by automobiles more than by anything else and as a country we loose more people every year to auto deaths than we did the entire ten years in Vietnam. So pinko...piss off!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It will start as a "turn in your neighbor" program, then soon after will be "turn in your neighbor for reward" program.  
View Quote

You scare me.
View Quote

That would seem like the most plausible scenario to me, unfortunately. So, Imbro doesn't scare me; the likelihood of the situation he predicts is what frightens me.    [:(!]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
It will start as a "turn in your neighbor" program, then soon after will be "turn in your neighbor for reward" program.
View Quote

Luckily my neighbors and I shoot together regularly. We seem to be like minded and just hope that it never comes to pass. If it does, then so will we.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh yeah and let me answer thi before the letist pinko commie who I know is out there poses the ubequitous question of " As a law enforcement officer wouldn't you want to get these guns that could kill you off of the street?"
Answer: I don't see anyone wanting to ban automobiles. LEO's in California get killed by automobiles more than by anything else and as a country we loose more people every year to auto deaths than we did the entire ten years in Vietnam. So pinko...piss off!
View Quote

I remember when I was at the LBNSY the CHP was losing a motorcycle officer a month. Gangbangers
would catch them on the freeway overpasses and
drive them over the guardrails. I don't remember
anyone ever being caught.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#14]
they wont, your grandkids will turn them in for you and be happy about it.  besides you nor the generations to follow need those evil guns anyway. only military and police should use evil weapons.

imliblio
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#15]
The will take them only after they pry them from my cold dead fingers.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]

I sold all my weapons because I realized how much of a threat they were in hands of potential criminals.  I wanted to have peace of mind in knowing that I would not be considered one of these gun nuts with a machinegun and high cap mags, or more.  I just liked to target shoot, that's all.  And to save innocent lives, I've started to use a pellet gun.

I sold my AR, as well as my handguns, and have the bills of sale. I'm glad that there is finally some common sense gun control in this country.  I hope you all start to realize how getting these things off of the street will help save lives.  I don't want to see another innocent person die.

The folks I sold them to said they were going around collecting guns so they can melt them down and turn them into playground equipment for all of the children.  They seemed to be legitamate and good-mannered, and I had no reason to suspect that they were anything more than they appeared to be.  They gave me 800 dollars for my collection of 3 guns.  It was less than what I paid, but at least it was something.

I ask to see all of their ID's, but did not think about getting their driver's license #'s.  Is this a problem?  If there are some law enforcement officers on this site, I would like to hear their opinions about this.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
First, they'll go for any NFA-type owners, since it will be relatively easy to defend publicly (EVIL MACHINE GUNS).
View Quote

That same day I went fishing with my NFA weapons and the boat overturned.  All gone, sorry.

Actually, if it ever got this far, we have to stand firm and united.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You scare me.
View Quote

That would seem like the most plausible scenario to me, unfortunately. So, Imbro doesn't scare me; the likelihood of the situation he predicts is what frightens me.    [:(!]
View Quote

That was the point I was going for as well.  I fell short.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#19]
bigheat! To you my thanks for your thoughts....I hope that there are a lot more honorable LEOs out there. These are trying times.  It used to be that we were all on the same side.  I often feel now with LEOs that it is us and them.  Defend the Constitution! It is our children that will reap what we sow.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I thoght the police officers were supposed to take care of the children, and not turn their backs on them while indulging in these evil things! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I think it will NOT come by out right confiscation. "They" know that they will have a fight in their hands if that came to fruition. What will happen has already started. They will start to ban certain "types" of firearms as they are doing now. In time, with all the media hype and "training" of young adults, there will come a time when we can only have .22's. Then a generation or two later zero firearms. And much like Imbroglio said, maybe they will institute a turn in your neighbor program. I don't think I will see an all out ban on firearms during my time. Although I think I will see a ban an all semi-auto's and handguns in my time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I sold all my weapons because I realized how much of a threat they were in hands of potential criminals.  I wanted to have peace of mind in knowing that I would not be considered one of these gun nuts with a machinegun and high cap mags, or more.  I just liked to target shoot, that's all.  And to save innocent lives, I've started to use a pellet gun.

I sold my AR, as well as my handguns, and have the bills of sale. I'm glad that there is finally some common sense gun control in this country.  I hope you all start to realize how getting these things off of the street will help save lives.  I don't want to see another innocent person die.

No Sh*t !  I guess we will email to all the bad guys that they are safe to break in your home and rape your wife or daughter ( if you have any) and see what your outcome is. Maybe too busy crying?
Do u realize those stupies Jap's(w/Knife)  killing a lot of school kids than Eric did w/Firearm? Do us a favor will you? Pack your bag and move to Cuba!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think it will NOT come by out right confiscation. "They" know that they will have a fight in their hands if that came to fruition. What will happen has already started. They will start to ban certain "types" of firearms as they are doing now. In time, with all the media hype and "training" of young adults, there will come a time when we can only have .22's. Then a generation or two later zero firearms. And much like Imbroglio said, maybe they will institute a turn in your neighbor program. I don't think I will see an all out ban on firearms during my time. Although I think I will see a ban an all semi-auto's and handguns in my time.
View Quote

I fear you are 100% correct.  They will just fade us out.

[b]This site makes me so damned depressed sometimes!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Urbanrifleman,
Either you are a [b]TROLL[/b] or, you are so stupid I pity you.  That's pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#25]
hey David M and Taz37,
didn't you guys see the implied [;)]?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
As far as LEO's go there are plenty honorable men and women out there that will stand next to us. There are those who wont but I believe a great many will. as far as confiscation of the guns goes...they will starve them first. Guns without ammuntion are paper weights. Permits, taxes, and out right bans on ammo then after this has gone on for years a ban and collection on the guns.  No ammo no resistance. Of course Im sure there will be a few of us who put things away for a rainy day...people that raniy day will come. As for me I plan on having plenty of "rain gear". Others were right about the "education" of our youth. Teach your kids before someone else teaches them. Good luck, shoot staight and keep fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I am going to move to Switzerland
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Guns are registered in Switzerland.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#29]
[left]Well this topic is Not so far fetched! well Iam taking time out in my life to learn the tool and die trade if they want my guns so bad then come and get them! ill just make more.
first thing's first ammo get enough to last and store it. worry about weapons later.[/left]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Remember,

"the Man who takes the liberty to live stands above all the laws, by virtue of his relationship to the lawmakers"

Emerson
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#31]
COME AND GET 'EM, BOYS!
[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm with Big heat on this. I'm not taking yours and they can't have mine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe you should change your name from Urbanrifleman to Urbanpelletguy. Yes it is my job to protect not only children but brain washed people such as yourself. As you should know more children die EACH year from bicycle accidents and motor vehicle accidents than all of the gun deaths combined. Educate yourself before you open your mouth. I'm willing to bet that you and a guy named Bill sit around and play with cigars in your spare time. I think you are supposed to soak them in brandy and not well ummm you know!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Based on the "progress" that Kalifornia is making, the acquisition of firearms would essentially end in this generation.  Given no means for inheriting firearms, the next generation will truly suffer.

Barring that, Executive Orders, enforced using magnetometers and ground-penetrating millimeter wave radar (both existing technologies), will collect up the rest that are cached away.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey anothergene remember the conversation started off with me quiting my job so they sure as hell can't fire me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if they will use some of that stuff we sent up when I was in the USAF. Damn stuff can see a flea farting on your dog's back and that was 10 years ago. I would bet they have sent some even nicer stuff up there by now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
hey David M and Taz37,
didn't you guys see the implied [;)]?
View Quote

I guess it was just you and me Vulch.  Some of the people on THIS site scare me.  [V]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Troy: I hate nothing more than a BACKSTABBING
P.O.S person that would get there rocks off turning someone in you know that has guns this is just a way for some SOB to get even with me because i pissed him off some way or how. then i would wait with a freaken ballbat and beat his stupid ass scull in then you can call me a
criminal.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#42]
That's a little off base in my opinion- the NRA is just trying to look tough on criminals and wants the gov't to more  strictly enforce firearms related crimes.  It is good PR for the NRA, and makes sense.  It is unfortunate that such legislation is needed, but these days, the judiciary is not what it should be.  We are now reaping the bitter harvest of nearly 40 years of a liberal judiciary that are soft on criminals.  People are getting out of jail, and being rearrested for some very serious crimes faster than we can hold them.  Things like three strikes and you're out, 10-20-life, and project exile are good programs.  What is also needed is more prison facilities/space, and decriminalizing certain offenses (like making marijuana use/ possession (NOT selling) punishable by a large fine, instead of prison.   just my .02  

p.s.- Lay off the NRA, nobody's perfect!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Open your eyes and smell the sarcasm dude.....
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I will always have a little sumpin' stashed away.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#45]
TURN IN YOUR NEIGHBOR & GET A REWARD.

oops read this to fast. Imbrog|io beat me to it
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#46]
If they somehow achieve the monumental task of
confiscating them all there are going to be a lot of dead people in America. Because I will tell you right now, its not going to be as easy as handing them over or starvation without ammunition. I would not want to be an LEO or Military soldier running around the countryside looking for Jim Bob and all his cousins so I can take their guns and ammunition away.
Education of the children is the only hope for us to keep the 2nd active and instilled into the future.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#47]
One gun law at a time.......  that's how they'll get them all.  So, take a little time off from all your training for when SHTF and VOTE!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Had some of you going there, didn't I [moon]

Listen, I can't believe that Taz37, David M, and bigheat fell for this. I'm sorry I had to rile up those of you too dense to see this last post for what it really was, but I did this for a reason.

I want to say FIRST OF ALL that I will NEVER give up my collection, but I also do not think that it is necessary to confront those who would try to take your firearms away with force.  We all must make sure that the door-to-door scenario does not happen in the first place!  We need to vote, petition, and do everything else in our power to stop the slow machine of confiscation.  Ask youselves, what have you done to prevent what you fear from happening (besides stockpile ;)

Greaper, you are exactly right!  They will never try out-and-out confiscation before they instill the anti-gun sentiment into a whole generation.  Education IS their largest weapon against us, as it dicatates our future through our children.  they will need to use the children as spies, as no government will ever find all firearms by themselves!  I just showed everyone on this messageboard why this can't take place currently.

What worries me more is that fact that so many of you insist on the "from my cold dead hands" policy and do not THINK.  That is admirable in the sense of your dedication, but is stupid when reality hits you.  Randy Weaver and Waco were both test cases, and in both cases, the people nvolved paid a terrible price for resisting the government directly (I know, THEY shot first, but I think MOST of you see my point).  

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Now, I don't hold anything against those who flamed me, and WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE OF THIS ISSUE.  This is not Rosie O'dong-ells website, so why the hell would an anti get on with the name "Urbanrifleman" if they were to be so outspokenly against firearms!  Half of them don't understand the term "urban rifle" anyway!

I don't want to start a mass flame war, but I would just like to respond to some of those insults that were thrown my way:

Taz37,

NO, I would NOT be crying, If it happened now, I would be pull out my Beretta and give him fair warning, or else put as much lead into him as it took to change the rapist's attitude about injuring me or my family. I really resent the crying remark, but not as bad as the Cuba remark.  It's OK, though, I forgive you [-!-].

You were too short-sighted to see this was all sarcasm. What I think is funny is that I posted on other sections of this messageboard at the same time that I baited you, stating my REAL opinions.

David M,

NO, I am NOT a TROLL nor am I stupid.  I wanted to prove a point. I'm sorry that you were not swift enough to see it. I baited everyone here, and some took the bait, others saw through it. My point was to demonstrate how confiscation is currently unenforceable.  

bigheat,

You need to shut your OWN mouth and open your eyes!  Change your screen name to "bigdumbcop."
                     [:E]

I figure that YOU if anyone, would see through this.  I guess that your ability to separate truth from B.S. is less than marginal. Your lack of perception scares me, sir, as you are either NOT a police officer at ALL or you are a [newbie].

Actually, if the confiscation were to be carried out by people like you, I would have NO fear of losing my guns.  Maybe you should STAY on, when "the Day"  that everyone here fears comes =)

Seriously, though.  Maybe you SHOULD stay on.  You could act as an insider, find out when and what would be confiscated, etc.  A lot of evidence may get "highjacked" or "lost" when someone "broke into" your car as you stopped into the 7-11 to take a piss before you brought it in for processing. I know that you'll only get away with so much, so I wouldn't push it;)  

I know there are alot of policemen and women who feel that same way you do, especially in more rural areas.  This proves again that confiscation will NOT happen any time soon.  It will take much more time.  It is a silent war, a war of ideaologies, and our kind is slowly slipping away.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well after I quit I'm grabbing my "Cache" of weapons and heading for the hills.
View Quote

Better to grab your "cache" of weapons and meet the rest of us at the perimeter of the state capitol.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top