Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 2:52:04 PM EDT
And the global War On Terror specifically?

I dont know much about the winning party, other than that they are reported to be more centrist.
A weaker Israel creates a very interesting landscape for our state department.
The US must take one of two tacks....act as their never dying defender....or take a step back and allow them to sink or swim on their own, without our support. There may be countless itterations toward each end state, but I think that those are the two primary paths.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]

The U.S. will continue to give them billions of our tax dollars and people will continue to think it's a wonderful thing .  Nothing is going to change in that respect .
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And the global War On Terror specifically?

I dont know much about the winning party, other than that they are reported to be more centrist.
A weaker Israel creates a very interesting landscape for our state department.
The US must take one of two tacks....act as their never dying defender....or take a step back and allow them to sink or swim on their own, without our support. There may be countless itterations toward each end state, but I think that those are the two primary paths.

Your thoughts?

Sacraficing Israel isn't going to make you any safer.

You haven't figured out by now that Islam is the problem?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sacraficing Israel isn't going to make you any safer.
You haven't figured out by now that Islam is the problem?

I'll take those in reverse order....

Islam is the problem...period, end of sentence.
Any more on how I feel about this topic will end in a banned Macro.

As far as sacraficing Israel...it isnt ours to sacrafice....they are a sovereign nation unto themselves...the US is just an ally. My point was that if they become militarily weak, further military support from us puts the US at a political disadvantage. It would appear even more to the global community that the US is fostering Israel rather than simply being a political friend. This certainly isnt about the US being safe....its about Israel being safe. I hope their new leaders have the conviction to defend themselves against the threats that surround them. A weaker Israel is a burden for its allies, because aggression against them is always a 'when', never an 'if'.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Radical Islam is the problem .   Israel isn't doing a damn thing to make us safer .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top