Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 5:34:23 AM EDT
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/16/ap/strange/mainD8EHJACG5.shtml

Man Allegedly Tries to Alter Ticket

PORTSMOUTH, N.H., Dec. 16, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AP) Next time, just pay the ticket. William S. Shufro, 46, faces a felony forgery charge for allegedly trying to alter a $100 ticket received for parking illegally in a handicapped space.

Police allege that Shufro tried to alter the ticket to give the appearance that it had been issued for parking in a no-parking zone, which carries just a $20 fine.

The altered ticket was sent to City Hall, along with $20, Police Lt. Fred Hoysradt said.

Police, who had a copy of the original ticket, saw the change _ then charged Shufro with forgery, a felony punishable by 3 1/2 to seven years in prison, Hoysradt said.

Shufro was arraigned on the charge in Portsmouth District Court on Monday.

"Your honor, this is a parking violation," Shufro told Judge Sharon DeVries as he was being arraigned.

DeVries corrected him.

A hearing on the case has been scheduled for Jan. 3 in Portsmouth District Court.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Shufro?  Sounds like a hair straightening product, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Next time, just pay the ticket.

What it said.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What it said.  

Or just don't park there in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet Shufro is an old dope smoker who still is insisting that drugs don't make you do stupid things!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Owned!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What it said.  

I never really understood why non-handicapped people park in handicapped spaces, anyway. Walking a few extra feet to a parking space just doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I bet Shufro is an old dope smoker who still is insisting that drugs don't make you do stupid things!

You are offering yourself as proof of the theory, I take it.

Now back to the actual subject.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#8]
this guy sounds like a real piece of shit.  maybe some time in a cell with bubba will straighten him out a bit...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What it said.  

I never really understood why non-handicapped people park in handicapped spaces, anyway. Walking a few extra feet to a parking space just doesn't bother me at all.

Agreed.  My mom has a handicapped placard, because she has bad knees.  What makes it worse is the f$%#@^s that park in the striped areas next to the space.

1)That area is NOT a seperate parking spot.
2)The area is designed to give access to those individuals that have the RIGHT to park there...since they may need to get a walker or wheel chair out of their vehicle.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What it said.  

Here is one you will love:

My mom had a stroke, and in a wheelchair.  She is just about blind also.  I took her to the eye doctor one time, and was using a handicapped placard in my truck.  I have been to this eye doctor several times, and really hated going there, because of the parking situation.  This time I am thinking I got it made becaue I have the handicapped placard.  I get there and find a fucking cop had parked in the only handicapped spot.  
So I parked behind him so he couldn't get out, and took my mom inside.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What it said.  

Here is one you will love:

My mom had a stroke, and in a wheelchair.  She is just about blind also.  I took her to the eye doctor one time, and was using a handicapped placard in my truck.  I have been to this eye doctor several times, and really hated going there, because of the parking situation.  This time I am thinking I got it made becaue I have the handicapped placard.  I get there and find a fucking cop had parked in the only handicapped spot.  
So I parked behind him so he couldn't get out, and took my mom inside.

So, how did that story end?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top