Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 3:38:28 PM EDT
is there a way to tell which upper a SP1 had on it when it left the factory?

I'd like to know if the original upper on my SP1 was a 20in a1 or a 16in a1.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Colt could tell you by the serial number?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe Colt could tell you by the serial number?

i could.
yet i was hoping someone had a reference link.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt didn't split out SP1 serial numbers based on whether it was a rifle or carbine.

The only way to be sure is to call Colt.  
Usually they will tell you a production date, but I'm not sure if they'll tell you whether it was a rifle or carbine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
www.colt.com/CMCI/archive_prices.asp

2003 COLT ARCHIVE SERVICES PRICE LIST

RIFLES  
AR-15 Sporter, $100.00  
*See Premium Pricing for additional charges*

PHONE SERVICE  
This premium service enables our customers to obtain all the pertinent information on first generation Single Actions up to the 343,000 serial number range over the phone. This does not include the Bisley Model. A historical document containing the information will follow within two to three weeks. A Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discovercard is required as a method of payment for this service. This expedited service is also offered on the 2nd generation Single Actions. However, we require one day to process these requests

Dates of Manufacture
$25.00  

Identification Service
This service provides novice collectors/customers with identification and general information on a specific firearm
$50.00  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
for that kind of money i will just guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top