Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 6:44:00 PM EDT
I've got a group of people adult to kids shooting fireworks over my 7 foot fence hitting my yard and house, all sorts of fireworks are flying around. Called the cops but it seems so silly to call. They did not show up? Must be busy with the crime surge going on.

Question how can I get rid of them???? ;)

I have two of my spot lights aimed out back right now looks like a night game at Fenway park back there!

BUT ITS PISSING ME OFF!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Since it not the 4th yet, SOAK THEM WITH THE HOSE!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Years ago, that probably would have been me with the fireworks.  I was quite the pyro.  Now that I have kids and am a little more sane, I wouldn't appreciate it either.  Hopefully, you've asked them to stop.  If they still continue, get out your garden hose and spray over the fence at them while they are doing it, or set a sprinkler to go over the fence so you don't have to hang around.  I imagine that the police won't do anything this time of year.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm....ask them to keep them in their yard?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Fix up a bill for about $495.00 worth of damage. Take it over to their parents and tell them that you hope they will take care of this bill and you hope you dont have to take it to court. Then tell them if there is any more damage to your property you will be forced to get an attorney and take it to court because of the increased amount of damages.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
We have the same problem every year. Damn neighbord fill our pool with trash from fireworks. I'm shooting back this year.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Rubber buckshot... Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Chill out...it's the 4th, let the folks have some fun.  You were there once too, weren't ya?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Does your neighbor have a fenced in back yard?

If so,  go to the pound and get the biggest, ugliest, meanest dog you can possibly find and put it in your neighbor's back yard, and lock the gates so that it'll be very tough to open them.

They won't be shooting fireworks from THAT yard!

CJ
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Just spray some tracers in the air and get a PA or loud speaker phone and yell profanitities at them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Set up a powerfull audio system with Wagner's Walkyries (sp) and come out the dor with an AR on each hand [:D]

That should scare them off!

J/K (on the AR part)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
This sounds like a job for piccolo!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Should'a known.  Typed up the following in Word 12 hours ago to post, but didn't close the deal.  Here's how a relative dealt with it.....

"Noticed a fireworks stand today which reminded me of the following incident.  

We were visiting my uncle years ago, around the time of the 4th of July.  The neighbors were popping off low-level firecrackers and did so long enough to irritate my uncle.  After a while he decided to respond to them, telling us he had something out in the garage we’d enjoy.  

Stick of dynamite.  Thinking the entire stick might be a bit much he cuts off about two inches worth.  Stuffs it with a fuse telling us it should take exactly 10 seconds to ignite.  This is in a small residential neighborhood, btw, with the next house over about 30 feet away.  

We go in the kitchen; he lights and throws it out the side door.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, BOOM!  Rattled the windows, made a helluva’ racket and a shockwave that could be felt inside the house as it passed through us.  

It got real quite, real quick.  

I haven’t bought firecrackers in years.  Remember we had M60’s and M80’s as kids. Are these still available anywhere?  What’s the strongest out there in your area?"

Got Dynamite?   [BD]

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
1. Take apart about 75 firecrackers.
2. Put the powder in a film cannister.
3. Add long fuse.
4. Duct tape all around.
5. Shove in a gallon container of tannerite.
6. Light.
7. Throw over wall.
8. Time your call to the cops so that you can say "they are throwing pipe bombs in your back yard" just as the tannerite goes off.
9. Eat a bowl of grape nuts.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
1. Take apart about 75 firecrackers.
2. Put the powder in a film cannister.
3. Add long fuse.
4. Duct tape all around.
5. Shove in a gallon container of tannerite.
6. Light.
7. Throw over wall.
8. Time your call to the cops so that you can say "they are throwing pipe bombs in your back yard" just as the tannerite goes off.
[red]9. Eat a bowl of grape nuts.[/red]  
View Quote

Wow, that's always my Step #9 too!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a gun, and blanks for it? Theres YOUR fireworks to set off.

Get a thin pipe, thread and cover one end of the pipe, get a small bag(dime bag size should do), fill with gunpowder, add fuse, tape on a thin long stick (branch should do).
Theres YOUR bottle rocket [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've got a group of people adult to kids shooting fireworks over my 7 foot fence hitting my yard and house, all sorts of fireworks are flying around. Called the cops but it seems so silly to call. They did not show up? Must be busy with the crime surge going on.

Question how can I get rid of them???? ;)

I have two of my spot lights aimed out back right now looks like a night game at Fenway park back there!

BUT ITS PISSING ME OFF!

View Quote

Is that you Andy?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Put a small handfull of dry ice in a 2 liter coke bottle, add a little water, screw on the cap, toss it over the fence.

Very loud!  Hard to guage exactly when it would go off.

I caution against using a Tablespoon of blackpowder secured in the bottle with a baggie and glue and ignited with a fuse.  This could be highly illegal and get this thread locked.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Wait until they stop for the night, go out back, and daisy chain Claymores up in the trees.  Next time they start that shit up turn the entire family into Strawberry Jam!

DG84
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Put a small handfull of dry ice in a 2 liter coke bottle, add a little water, screw on the cap, toss it over the fence.

View Quote

MRE bombs with 20oz bottles do the same thing....  You toss Five or six of those over the fence and you'll wake the dead! This maybe a little more humane then my Claymore idea.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#23]
You'll probably replace the happy memories of celebrating our nation's independence with, "Remember the year that guy came over here and yelled at us, and we weren't allowed to shoot off our fireworks?"

I have the penchant for flipping out about stupid stuff.

-Take a deep breath.
-Calm down.
-Walk over and tell them it's fine that they are making the ruckus with the fireworks, but you would appreciate help the next day cleaning all of them up.

I'll freely admit hosing someone down with a garden hose would be fun, but it wouldn't solve the problem. Dealing directly with the culprits teaches them there are responsibilities that come with their fun. It also relieves you of the solo person the next morning cleaning up firework straws and paper.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Ummmmmmmm...  Have you tried talking to them and asking them to be more careful?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:08:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Dress up in your MARPAT, camo paint your face, put on your sniper veil and grab your assault super soaker and go running over there ah-la 'Apocalypse Now' style yelling and screaming, throwing apples like gernandes, and hosing the little bastards. Then, have your wife or friend come running after you to calm you down and rescue your dumb ass and to explain to the neighbors that you have TSD flash-backs because of the war and fireworks sometimes trigger those reactions. I guarantee they will be a quiet bunch in the future. [lol]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Set up a powerfull audio system with Wagner's Walkyries (sp) and come out the dor with an AR on each hand [:D]

That should scare them off!

J/K (on the AR part)
View Quote

LMFAO.

That is a cool idea, and by cool I mean totally awesome.

Seriously, just rent a ninja to scale the fence.  I have heard legends that fireworks (from China) make them totally flip out and cut people's heads off.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I vote for leave them alone. Unless they blow something up or burn your house down there's no harm. Let the kids have some fun you old prune. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:33:47 AM EDT
[#28]
As was mentioned above...

As them to be careful, and in the event something comes over the fence, get them to come over and police your yard in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:35:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Just askem to shootem in another direction.

these people may not even know that they are comming onto your property.

More than likley, they will be more than willing to shoot them somewhere else.

Just let'em have fun, but let them know that the stuff is making a mess in your yard.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#30]
This one time, at band camp, we took some acetylene and oxygen..................

Balming
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#31]
So, uh, I've got all this extra Tannerite that I cannot use at any local ranges...suppose I filled a film canister with tannerite, poked a hole in the lid, packed a fire cracker in the canister, fed the fuse through the hole and close the lid, duct tape it closed. Would the fire cracker 'ignite' the tannerite? Anyone tried this yet? What would work?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Definately tell them about it incase something goes wrong or some damage occurs, that way you at least warned em.  I hate people that spoil my 4th of July.  Stupid fire dept. here in Denver gave a 6 year old girl a summons for lighting a bottle rocket.  6 is young and I think a stern "NO" would've scared her into not lighting them (in colorado we can't have any fireworks that explode or leave the ground).
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Similar thing happened to me last year..only no fence.They were launching them off until 12:30 a.m. Early the next morning, I woke up early (as I always do) around 5:30. I decided to cut firewood with my VERY loud chainsaw. But first I walked around my yard and picked up all the remnants of the fireworks...I looked at my house and saw a bunch of crap on my roof as well. Once all was picked up,  I threw it in a haphazard manner back onto the neighbor's lawn...and the heavier stuff, I made sure it landed on their roof.

I then proceded to not only cut wood, but I decided to rototill a patch of the lawn for a garden....of course the tiller I have is a vintage 1970's model...loud and powerful.

At one point I could see Tom standing in his patio door just glaring at me. I smiled and waved at him, and when he turned around...it turned into a 1 finger salute.

This also happens to be the same neighbor that had up until recently been mowing a good portion of my yard, as if were his. That ended (mostly) when I got the metal detector and found the lot marker posts. I then proceded to put bright red flags on the markers and sprayed some Round-Up in those areas. The flags stayed up all spring until just last week. The day after the flags came down, Tom mowed his lawn, and about 4' along the back edge of mine.

I'm gonna have to talk to him next time he does it...saying that my shrink says I have a thing about personal property...and that anything that affects my property tends to put me into a psychotic rage against whatever or whoever affected my property.

Just short of putting up a fence, the only other thing I can do is use the new playset I just built as a guard/observation tower, and somehow mount my FAL on a pivoting bipod, and dress in full cammie/LBE/ALICE and stand up there while he mows HIS lawn, and not mine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Tom mowed his lawn, and about 4' along the back edge of mine..
View Quote

When I moved up to PA last year, I had the same problem, the neighbor was cutting about 15~20 FEET into the edge of my lot.  He has a pie shaped corner lot abutting my retangular lot.  Consequently, he only has the corner of the pie behind his house, and it's kind of small.  He had been mowing up onto my lawn for years before my house was built, squaring out the back of "his" yard.  Fine when I was living there, but really prickish to continue when I moved in.  It really sucks to look out your kitchen window and see the neighbors tractor mowing behind your house.

Oh, and my builder had the lot surveyed and there were metal stakes sticking up in the lawn.  No doubts on where the line was.  I even dropped my mower down a couple times and scalped the edge of the property to try and show him where the line was.  

I talked to him and asked him to stop, since he was scalping my new lawn that I was paying a lawn treatment service to get it into shape.

Shortly after, I put up a fence for my pool.  My it's nice not to have to deal with that stress any longer.

It was driving me mad!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#35]
I wish my neighbor would mow some or all of my lawn.  What are you guys complaining about?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wish my neighbor would mow some or all of my lawn.  What are you guys complaining about?
View Quote

Uh, cuz I paid good $ for my lawn and would like to keep it mine.

Let your neighbor encroach long enough and they will have a legal right to claim your property.

Besides, would you really like to be a punk and get pushed around by your neighbor?  Next thing you know they are putting picnic tables on their new yard.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

FWIW, some kids were doing that around here, and it was treated like a DD. they were arrested and a few of them ended up with long term probation. kinda BS if you ask me, but you know how it does in iowa
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I live in a newer subdivision and the idiot next door has yet to plant his freakin lawn, he has lived there for 4 years now. I just love the dirt and dust that blows around.

As for fireworks, light them off on the 4th of July not two weeks before and continue for two weeks after the fourth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top