Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/10/2001 7:48:00 PM EST
hello i am having some serious issues i bought a blackhawk force 5 hydrastorm backpack and it is pretty neat aside from the valve falling off all the time. but i absolutely cannot shoot while wearing it. the straps like like 3 fat tubes all sewn together. so it is not a flat surface. it is also very slick. when i try and shoulder the rifle, the strap is right there in the way, and the buttpad slips off every single time. it absolutely will not stay there. i used to use usgi stuff and it was fine 'cause the straps are nice and flat (although they hurt). i did not have a problem with those, but i don't have those anymore. i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so, know any solutions. thanks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 8:00:47 PM EST
i don't mean that the rifle is too far away if i wear a pack, i mean that the buttstock absolutely positively will not stay on that hydrastorm shoulder strap. it slips right off. i am right handed, so when i shoot my right side is farther back than my left. since the strap is on my shoulder, it too is slanted. however, the blackhawk strap is not at all flat like the usgi stuff. it looks like 3 fat tubes sewn together, and they are very slick. so when i try to shoulder a long gun, it slips right off these slick, slanted, curved surfaces. i cannot shoot at all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:32:02 AM EST
My suggestion is talk to Blackhawk and tell them you're not satisfied and either want advice/help or a model that will let you shoulder a rifle over the strap. Maybe they've been getting similar feedback from users and are working on a new design. They also might make a ballistic nylon strap cover, along the line of the drinking tube cover for Camelbaks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 11:21:22 AM EST
There are a variety of shoulder straps that may work for you. I've got one that is a sort of standard shouolder strap, except it has an extra piece of webbing that goes around my back and over my other shoulder and works to keep my rifle on my shoulder in just these sorts of situations. I've got no idea what it's called, I bought it at a gun show. There are also different types of combat slings which work in diffferent ways which may work for you also. Check Eagle Industries would be a good start.
Top Top