Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:22:21 PM EDT
got the new stuff comming how do i take the old out?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
just long rubber strips all the way around the headliner. no screws. how do i remove the window cranks?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
yes they are striker, and you can get a tool to remove those and one to remove the door panel clips to.. i know i used to get them  from my snap on dealer, and when you remove it, with a gentle shove make sure it does not go flying acorss the room, i lost a few that way
last thing you want to do is  tear the cardboard of the door panel when the clip stays in the hole.

if you can't find the tool you can fashio one out of a coat hanger, just make sure there are no sharp edges to rip the material.
just make it  U shaped  where the ends are the same wisth as the clips, put it up tp the clip  and give it a sharp push, the clip should pop right off
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
cool thanks

me thinks im goina let a pro do the headliner depending on the price, its glued to a strip all the way around
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Good advise and info from Striker. You are definately better off letting a pro do the headliner. I restored the interior on a 70' F-Body a year or so ago but left the headliner to the pros.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are interested here is a link to a thread I started on NastyZ28.com about a year and a half ago while doing my interior resto job. Just gives you an idea on how much of a difference you can make. The after pics are up top with pics of the stripped out rusted ass interior a little down the page. www.nastyz28.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/003949.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[.
you're so busted though...3rd gen seatbelts..

Hey they were free I would have used the 4th gen belts from the car the seats came from but the idiots at the junkhard cut the belts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top