Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/15/2001 6:52:54 AM EST
Ive got a per-ban ak that i want to convert to a Krinkov. How do i go about reg. it as a Short Barreled Rifle? jim
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:22:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:38:40 AM EST
nope, down in cinci, shouldnt be a problem. thanks. jim
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:24:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2001 4:13:11 AM EST by SBR7_11]
[url]www.titleii.com [/url] click on forms, Form 1, fill out in duplicate, call ATF there in Cincy, they can send you the FD-258 fingerprint cards (need 2, get extras). $200 to Treasury dept and CLEO signature.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:23:31 PM EST
SBR7_11 the link you posted isint working is it titleii or 1 or 11? jim
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:34:08 PM EST
Nevermind got it fixed, but on a diffrent note,,,,will i be beter off spending 200.oo on an FFL or the form 1? Can an FFL own a SBR,Auto, ect. or dose everything need to be on a form 1? jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:29:37 AM EST
The Form 1 is an application to "Make and register a firearm". If you decide to become a manufacturer, you could obtain a 07? or 01? FFL and a Class 2 occuption tax (SOT) to make stuff, or a Class 3 (SOT) to be a dealer in C3,(did I say it correctly?) To do any of this, ATF reguires a store front,(zoning compliance), no garage sales. Through the years, I have made 2 SBR on my own. As a side note, you could bring your rifle to Todd at Rapid Fire, have him (C2) register it on his books as a SBR ($100), Form 4 it back to you ($200) and you send the parts kit and rifle to a "krinky" guy for completion (Form 5-no cost), Or Form 1 it yourself, ($200) and Form 5 it to "krinky" guy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:03:28 AM EST
01 FFL is dealer. 01 dealer in machineguns/NFA is Class 3 SOT. 07 FFL is manufacturer. 07 mfg of machineguns/NFA is Class 2 SOT. Machineguns and silencers, etc, aren't really "C3" - that just refers to a dealer in NFA (Title 2) weapons. However, most people and many dealers incorrectly call machineguns "Class 3", so you can get away with it as common usage. You don't have to have a commercial storefront - you just have to comply with local and state zoning laws and business regulations. If unzoned, or zoned commercial, or you get a variance, you can do the FFL from your home or garage. morlock13: 01/07 FFL dealers without the Class 3 SOT are just like regular joes when it comes to NFA items - they still need CLEO signoff, fingerprints, photos, $200 tax, etc. The only difference is that they can receive them directly from out of state, without going through an in-state C3/C2 first. To be a C2/C3 is $500/yr minimum ($1000/yr if your sales volume is over $500,000 gross).
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:34:05 PM EST
Dont think me stupid of anything but, WHAT ?....if im seeing this right its better to just put it on a form 1 and be done with it, there's no easy way to get all the goodies and stay within the law and not put out a ton of cash. I guess ill have to be content with playing with my FA/burst toys at the base and my semis at home. thanks guys. jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:38:11 PM EST
Last dumb question, how can a person go about getting a: 07 FFL w/ a Class 2 SOT? Or is it not worth doing. jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:58:26 PM EST
Cincy field office: 801-B W. 8th st, ste 301, Cincinnati, Oh, 45203 513-684-3354
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:08:46 AM EST
You know what real weird, I go there all the time to work on the computers for the city of cinci. police department. Next time im down there ill drop in and ask a few questions...thanks s bunch. God bless America jim [-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:10:08 PM EST
morlock13: I live in Cinci too. Do you know if you can own 10+mags? The NRA lobby/legal site indicated that anything over 10rds is illegal in the city limits. If you haven't asked Streicher's boys your other question yet, I would appreciate it if you added this one on your list and let me know. TIA
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:54:44 PM EST
Im just out of the 275 loop, so anything Cinci. dosent really apply to me but when I get downtown to the ATF ill ask for you. I need to go to Dst.1 PD in the morning so ill check with them also. jim
Top Top