Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 7:38:53 AM EDT
i did!

i did!

how i made my hk mp5:

turned on the comp game "half-life"

took a screen shot of the gun laying on the ground in the game.

took the pic and put it in a photo program. made an outline of the gun from the picture. took away the backround and the texture of the gun. all that was left was a big black outline.

streched the outline to the true dimensions of the gun to make it "full size". had to look in an SAS book i have to find the dimensions.

printed out the outline of the gun.

cut and taped the pieces of printer paper together.

traced the paper outline of the gun onto cardboard. because cardborad is tougher.

traced the cardboard onto plywood.

cut out the outline on the plywood with a saw.

filed down the sharp edges with a file.

spraypainted it black.

wrapped hockey tape around the pistol grip and forstock for so i could grip it better.

it works grerat and i use it for manhunt all the time. once you get the carboard outline, you can make as many as you want.

it's a lot tougher tahn the plastic guns they put out. we'er hard on our rigging and these have held up extremely well. i'm very happy with it.

i can make other dummy weapons too. same process. all i need is a semi-high to high-quality side on (profile) of the weapon and it's dimensions.

i've been wanting to do an ak-47. that would be cool.

you talk about an extra $20 dollars.... my whole gun didn't cost that much.

before you go flaming...

of course up close it looks fake, but from a distance, or at night it looks pretty real. me and the boys (man i start a lot of sentences that way) have to be careful when we'er running the streets at night playing manhunt or something that someone doesn't call the cops on us. hehe

you comments (or sometimes called flames) please.

OffRoad

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
My problem is that I would make them a bit thicker and then start putting real parts on it.
Pistol grip, stock(if needed), flashhider, sling, magazine, would be nice to "change the mag" or add a drum.
Mabey even an underfolding stock...

I tend to get carried away sometimes...
Mabey you could buy a parts kit and build a wooden reciever for a AK and build a NICE dummy.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
www.airsoftextreme.com

This atleast shoots something..

[50]

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, when I was a kid I made a toy MP5 out of wood and some copper tubing.  It even had the sliding stock and screw-eyes for sling swivels.

Now I have a real HK94.  

I'm still wondering what it's good for...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top