Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 9:47:29 AM EDT
I want to get a 14.5" M4 barrel for my preban. I see that Bushmaster sells this barrel, and can permanently attach a Phantom flashider to make it 16", and legal. Will permanently attaching a regular A2 flashider make this barrel 16" overall? I know this might seem like a stupid question, but I don't have the parts in hand to measure.Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#1]
No, the standard A2 won't bring it up to 16".

about 3/4" of the muzzle device will overlap the barrel threads, so to get a 14.5" up to 16" overall, the muzzle device needs to be about 2 1/4" long - maybe a little less.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't want to do a Form 1, the guys at Bushmaster will pin and weld a Phantom F/S onto one of their M4 uppers.  Just ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top