Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 7:50:12 AM EDT
So I'm at work the other day and someone is asking me about the EOTech I use on my RRA when I hear an officer in the back spout off about how EOTech sucks compared to his Aimpoint.  And of course someone asks "Why is Aimpoint better?"

Now it doesn't really bother me what people use as it will always come down to personal preference but what  Iheard next not only pissed me off but made me feel sorry for both the guy asking me and the other guy who couldn't keep his eyes on his own paper.

"My Aimpoint is better because I can adjust the MOA of the dot in mine while you can't wit hthe EOTech."

Now unless they made an Aimpoint a few years ago that had this feature and I never heard of it or this guy doesn't know shit from shinola.

Now I tried to take the high road and ask him if he was sure it wasn't just adjusting the brightness of the reticle and not the MOA but he insisted. "no no you can adjust the dot bigger or smaller.  It's great."

Now challenging someone while they are trying to help someone out is already in bad taste but to turn around and do it and not know what the @#$% you are talking about is ridiculous.

I felt bad but when the person I was trying to help out asked me about the Aimpoint I told him the officer was full of shit and didn't know what the f he was talking about.  Probably could have worded it better but I was annoyed and didn't feel like listening to this self proclaimed know-it-all anymore.

Ok I feel better now.  Anyone up for a hug?????

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried letting the air out of his tires?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#3]
If I adjust the brightness knob on my Aimpoint, the dot does indeed get larger and smaller.  If I'm doing more precise shooting, I turn it down as low as I can comfortably see in order to get the smallest dot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If I adjust the brightness knob on my Aimpoint, the dot does indeed get larger and smaller.  If I'm doing more precise shooting, I turn it down as low as I can comfortably see in order to get the smallest dot.

Thats what I tried to explain to him but he insisted he could adjust both.

And yes I did research Aimpoints and he is using a standard CompM3.  Nice sight don't get me wrong but he bought it off an other officer and really knows nothing of it other than what he was told.

I guess ignorance is bliss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Same thing happens with EoTechs.  Maybe it's just because we have astigmatism or something though...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The real question is

Does he own a Jeep, and do you own a pocket knife?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have you tried letting the air out of his tires?

Or shooting his dog?

How about Drawing Down?
sorry, couldn't resist
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The real question is

Does he own a Jeep, and do you own a pocket knife?

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top