Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2003 11:04:06 AM EDT
Just type the phrase "France sucks" or point out the double standard of the mods and that one of them is a childish ass or just disagree with a mod. That will pretty well do it. You dont really have to swear or be nasty to someone else. Just make a cannuck, french loving mod mad.
Seriously, here at AR15 I think the mods do a great job in understanding that THIS board, the General Discussion-non firearm board is pretty much what it says. And they let things be stated that all talk about around the break table at work or the local beer joint or while loading mags at the range. When the shit gets deep or goes to the religious extreme or some of the hot button topics like abortion heat up the mods lock the thread and that usually takes care of it. There may be behind the scenes mail to members to cool it. I dont know since I have never been banned before anywhere.
I cant remember how many threads I have seen here disin the frogs including the drop test of thier rifles and how thier government is a rollover and they are being invaded by moslums at an alarming rate. I also see threads takcing a whack at about anything and everyone else and thankfully the mods know when to let a thread run its course and when to stop it.
I will not be put out much by being banned over there. The 1911.com board is as good a tool for owners of gods gift as this board is for the AR but most of what I need I can find in archives. Those "mullahs of moderators" even went as far as to delete the entire GD-NF board!
I was just about to become a doaner/paying member there too! Imagine that.
Anyway thanks to the Moderators here at AR15.com for knowing how to keep things going without becomeing forum Nazi's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, most of the firearms sites that I visit prefer to have their General Discussion forums just be "polite talk amongst strangers".  No political or religious debates, heated discussions or dissension from the moderators opinions.

These boards are fine for information, but they're certainly not "family".
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw most of that.  Seemed the Mods (maybe just one) would post their opinions and then lock the thread.  It appears they did away with the General Discussion forum all together.

Anyway, I don't think France sucks, just some of its citizens.

tnek, what was your user name?

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#5]
tnek, check your IM.  I'm curious about something.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw most of that.  Seemed the Mods (maybe just one) would post their opinions and then lock the thread.  It appears they did away with the General Discussion forum all together.

Anyway, I don't think France sucks, just some of its citizens.

tnek, what was your user name?

Eddie
View Quote

I went by Ernie. My big dogs name.
Funniest or sadest part is I wasnt in the argument, I just voiced an opinion that the one mod was being out of line. The rest of the mods stuck up for him like Dems supporting Slick. When I refused to bow I got the hammer. Too bad, it is a great site too. France may not suck but a lot of its folks do. That felt GOOD!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad, tnek.  I remember Ernie.  Looked to me as if Kevan was the prime instigator, but he was posting his opinions same as everyone else.  Guess he offended the wrong Mod.  I got a kick out of his slams on the liberal twit girl.  She went by something-1911.  I never did believe she was a gun owner.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry you got banned there.

I agree tho that the the mods here generally do a good job, especially since they do this for free.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yes those damned Canucks!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Bet I could get banned over there in one post, by saying how much better my customized S&W model 645 is, than any of their Colts (or Colt clones); and how it only cost me about half of what they spend for a half decent shooting 1911.  Whaddiya think?[:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, it's pretty easy to get booted off 1911 forum.com. I almost did and nothing I posted was untrue. Even something as mild as calling one of the other members an idiot (which he is) will get you in the dog house. There is alot of good info there though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bet I could get banned over there in one post, by saying how much better my customized S&W model 645 is, than any of their Colts (or Colt clones); and how it only cost me about half of what they spend for a half decent shooting 1911.  Whaddiya think?[:D]
View Quote

Where did you get a S&W 645 for $170 dollars?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Geez I just went to look at the 1911 forum for the fist time and I was advised my IP was banned!! Never did see what was on the site! 1911 forums is not owned by SWFA is it?[;D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Post ibtl at glock talk and your banned.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]
What would happen if you posted that another member was an "oven-ready ki--" ohnevermind, it's already been done...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man oh man Id ban you from here just for that ;)!
I will take my Wilsons over any Klinton affiliated gun mfg! Ha! Thats gonna leave a mark.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Oh yes those damned Canucks!!
View Quote

The ones who work in Cheetahs in Windsor are OK. Love that plexiglass shower. Is it still there?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#18]
During the last staff meeting, it was reiterated that GoatBoy STILL hates the French.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top