Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:18:58 AM EDT

About ten years ago, when gun registration was a foot in Canada, several guys that I knew messed with the system.  Here's what happened and here's what they did.

The government wanted to know exactly who owned firearms and what they owned.  Registration forms were everywhere and the government encouraged folks to fill out the forms and send them in.

So guys I knew filled out the forms.  They filled out forms in other peoples names.  They took great satisfaction in registering guns in the name of liberals and other idiots.  One of my friends mailed in dozens of registeration forms in the names of left wing local politicians.  He registered stuff such as "bomb, thermonuclear" and "Thompson submachinegun"

And every one of these phony registrations was investigated.   Another one of my friends went to courthouses and he copied down names and dates of birth from the courthouse docket.  This caused a lot of problems because it appeared that dozens of felons were trying to register guns.

If gun registration ever happens in the US, there are dozens of ways in which you can mess the system up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

About ten years ago, when gun registration was a foot in Canada, several guys that I knew messed with the system.  Here's what happened and here's what they did.

The government wanted to know exactly who owned firearms and what they owned.  Registration forms were everywhere and the government encouraged folks to fill out the forms and send them in.

So guys I knew filled out the forms.  They filled out forms in other peoples names.  They took great satisfaction in registering guns in the name of liberals and other idiots.  One of my friends mailed in dozens of registeration forms in the names of left wing local politicians.  He registered stuff such as "bomb, thermonuclear" and "Thompson submachinegun"

And everyone of these phony registrations was investigated.   Another one of my friends went to courthouses and he copied down names and dates of birth from the courthouse docket.  This caused a lot of problems because it appeared that dozens of felons were registering guns.

If gun registration ever happens in the US, there are dozens of ways in which you can mess the system up.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Great Ideas

IBTL

Sorry.

CoC 4

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Ibtl
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol, it'll be funny for Feinstein to have a fully auto M4 rifle with the shoulder thing that go up and 30 rds clips. on the registration
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And every one of these phony registrations was investigated.   Another one of my friends went to courthouses and he copied down names and dates of birth from the courthouse docket.  This caused a lot of problems because it appeared that dozens of felons were trying to register guns.

this is hilarious, i know some politicians that use the exam here also
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTL you wacky wacky canucks
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, some folks registered their soldering guns, glue guns, caulk guns and staple guns.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#8]

This thread is purely for entertainment purposes and does not suggest that anyone would actually do anything like this.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lol, it'll be funny for Feinstein to have a fully auto M4 rifle with the shoulder thing that go up and 30 rds clips. on the registration

She probably already does. Off the books and immune from prosecution, of course.

She's a more equal animal. Makes the laws and therefor is above them all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Gun registration itself is against your Consitution and as such it is illegal.  So I don't think what I've posted should be against the CoC.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great Ideas

IBTL

Sorry.

CoC 4

This.  Good idea though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

IBTL you wacky wacky canucks

Lol

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a bunch of friends who are RCMP. Last time I was up training some of their guys at the academy in Regina, they were telling me how useless the gun registry is now. Basically every other home is likely to have some guns not in the registry. Most of these guys seemed to side with gun owners, that your government is far too overreaching, and hasn't done anything to keep guns out of criminals hands. They were also afraid to leave anything in their car while parked right in front of their office.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#14]
What ever happen to everyone getting together, locked and loaded, and telling the government.. No?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Gun registration itself is against your Consitution and as such it is illegal.  So I don't think what I've posted should be against the CoC.

As we currently do not have gun registration in the USA I do NOT see how your post is a violation of the CoC.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Fantastic idea.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

eggzactly.

we have way too many mamby pamby ibtl members.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Do you really think they'll believe that DiFi and Pelosi each own 200,000 guns?  

I like the concept as long as it's not illegal, of course.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#20]
ROFL, so that's why the registry went over 10x projected cost?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#21]

There was no cost to register.  The government wanted everyone to register.  And many folks here registered again and again and again.  Kind of like Democratic Pary voters.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ROFL, so that's why the registry went over 10x projected cost?

No that's just because it was a government program
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#23]
A good start would be the kind folks @ The Journal- News in White Plains NY.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#24]
IBTL TT
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Funny..Shumer/Bloomberg etc all on my list!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Is that you Ragnar?

IBTL

And Snitches
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There was no cost to register.  The government wanted everyone to register.  And many folks here registered again and again and again.  Kind of like Democratic Pary voters.

Gun registration forms are everywhere? Like at the laundrymat? Gas stations? Library maybe?
That's the only little hitch I see in your plan here, The ATF won't work that way, and if you did send something silly in..they have no sense of humor
Personally I like the all of us locked and loaded and saying "NO" plan best.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun registration forms are everywhere? Like at the laundrymat? Gas stations? Library maybe?
That's the only little hitch I see in your plan here, The ATF won't work that way, and if you did send something silly in..they have no sense of humor
Personally I like the all of us locked and loaded and saying "NO" plan best.

ATF will simply take the copies they've been making of 4473 data and send forms out requiring each person to account for the guns they are on record for as owning. Many will lie, but overall I think people love their dogs too much to have the balls to write in Nancy Pelosi's name.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#29]

The registration forms were at every post office, gun shop, courthouse, police station and library.  They were easy to obtain.

I bet you if you sent in a registration to the ATF, even if it was incomplete, they would waste some agent's time by checking it out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What did the Canadians do about the $87 (whatever) cost?

Don't think the liberals will miss the opportunity to collect millions of dollars from the gun owners.

We'll send an IOU like what's in the social security 'lock box'.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#31]
IBTL
i would register it all in my pets names, atf will get no where talking to my cat
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#32]
My mom has that cookie gun that she uses to mak Christmas cookies,  will that have to be registered?  What about all those paintball guns?   This could get crazy.   Can I register a gun in the dogs name?  He just got a credit card application.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#33]
this is a much better idea than handing out leaflets.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ironically, adherence to the CoC aids in subverting the Constitution and the ultimate demise of this very website due to lack of participants whom partake in the sport.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The registration forms were at every post office, gun shop, courthouse, police station and library.  They were easy to obtain.

I bet you if you sent in a registration to the ATF, even if it was incomplete, they would waste some agent's time by checking it out.

It's not going to be that way for us. The registration they're talking about is going to require finger printing, an FBI background check (not a NICS check) and then signoff from the local sheriff.

What they don't realize is that they are already destroying the process themselves. How do you think the sheriff is going to react when he shows up for work and there are 50,000 letters requesting NFA signoff for AR15s sitting in the lobby?

I like your style though.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

My mom has that cookie gun that she uses to mak Christmas cookies,  will that have to be registered?

I haven't had those cookies in years!

I miss those.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bingo!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Fluffy,
I may remember this wrong, but wasn't there a cost initially to register?  Then the gov't kept reducing the registration fee until it was free?  I'm probably remembering it wrong or the final law ended up being stripped of a registration fee.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like the equivalent of prank ordering a dozen pizzas for delivery.  Only thing different is it's with the Feds.  Any probably very illegal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

yup.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That is fantastic.  Civil Disobedience at its best.   over-compliance with  an immoral system in such a way as to hit the system where it hurts, using resources and costing money, yet causing no material harm to anyone.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#43]

I like you, FluffyTheCat.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I like you, FluffyTheCat.

Funny shit
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#46]

1 like. By a guy with a 29 post count. That doesn't seem suspicious at all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I am reminded that you can buy a gift membership in the NRA for your favorite liberal friend for just $35. Imagine the excitement when they open their first official correspondence from the NRA and find a personalized membership card!. And a monthly pro-2nd amendment magazine. The joy.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great Ideas

IBTL

Sorry.

CoC 4

This.  Good idea though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Awesome Idea, in before the Lock
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top