Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 9:13:45 AM EDT
I got a free large Pelican-TYPE case (not sure if it is Pelican brand) because it has a corner that was cracked from being tenderly loved by airline baggage handlers. The crack at the corner is about 1.5" x 1.5" L-shaped. Otherwise the case is in great condition other than a few scuffs. I would like to restore the waterproof integrity of the case without spending a bunch of money or creating a big mess. What product/process would you recommend to fix or patch the crack?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Waterproof Marine Epoxy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Pelican, their cases have a lifetime warranty, regardless if sold second hand.  

They have provided replacement latches free of charge for old cases that I have.

ETa, reread your post, if not Pelican they won't help you.  Otherwise, marine epoxy as described above.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Pelican, their cases have a lifetime warranty, regardless if sold second hand.  

They have provided replacement latches free of charge for old cases that I have.

ETa, reread your post, if not Pelican they won't help you.  Otherwise, marine epoxy as described above.
View Quote

Yep, Pelican has absolutely amazing warranty support, but "pelican like" does not.  They are expensive but you get what you pay for.  If it's a brand name case like stormcase you may still be able to get warranty help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top