Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:08:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:09:49 AM EDT
The Nazi's what? What are the Nazis taking ownership of?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:10:14 AM EDT
fukc htat ddue.

i done-ed andyspeeel cheockers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:13:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 7:13:25 AM EDT by jrzy]

Originally Posted By falaholic1:

Oh the irony of it all hahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:14:11 AM EDT
people are still using IE?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:15:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DeadSled:

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Of course, ignorance pretty much defines the security problems that plague the internet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:17:20 AM EDT
Now you just need IEGrammar.exe.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:18:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 7:19:07 AM EDT by gopeterson]
The word "Nazi" in your subject line should be capitalized. Please correct it as it is very distracting.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:25:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gopeterson:
The word "Nazi" in your subject line should be capitalized. Please correct it as it is very distracting.

I deliberately do not capitalize the word nazi, or clinton for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:33:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CeramicGod:

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Of course, ignorance pretty much defines the security problems that plague the internet.

Wow!
I wonder how many people here you offended with that arrogant remark.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:33:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jrzy:

Originally Posted By falaholic1:

Oh the irony of it all hahahahahahaha www.patriotnetwork.net/images/smilies/toothgapgrin.gif

In his defense, that's more an issue of grammar than spelling.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 7:43:09 AM EDT by panzersergeant]
The ability to spell correctly does not have much of an impact on day to day life....

<­BR>

Unless you regularly use a keyboard to post comments on an internet board open for public viewing by millions of people who surf the web. Then you look like a complete jackass.

And I don't recall the Nazis being known for their spelling abilities.

ETA I had to comeback to make shure I didn't mispell anything.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:43:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 7:45:24 AM EDT by StarAtari]

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Hate to say it but the ignorant ones are the Firefox users. They don't know how to safely function the interweb so they use Firefox to keep them out of trouble, like a babysitter.

ETA: Google toolbar has a built in spellcheck now
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:46:32 AM EDT

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Wow!

I use IE, Firefox works slower than hell for some reason on my machine.

As for being offended, NO. Why would I care what this fucktard thinks anyway?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:46:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By StarAtari:

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Hate to say it but the ignorant ones are the Firefox users. They don't know how to safely function the interweb so they use Firefox to keep them out of trouble, like a babysitter.

Microsoft 's experimental Honeymonkey project has found almost 750 Web pages that attempt to load malicious code onto visitors' computers and detected an attack using a vulnerability that had not been publicly disclosed, the software giant said in a paper released this month.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:55:01 AM EDT

really?

well, firefox runs nearly twice as fast as IE on my machine, it has the ability to be customized with an infinate amount and combination of extensions and themes, i only get about 1/10 of the adware i used to get now that i use firefox, and firefox is much more user friendly. it allows my to configure my browser to meet my needs.

i run two anti-spyware/adware programs, two virus scanners, and a firewall. i don't rely on firefox to keep me safe. i use it because it's the best browser i've ever used. so who's ignorant?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:59:49 AM EDT

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Wow!

If you're referring to the second statment, I don't know why you'd be offended. He's right.

Ignorance and/or stupidity are the reason people will, upon getting email from someone they've never heard of, with an attachment of virus.exe, and a message saying "your files are ready", open the attachment.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:02:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 8:03:22 AM EDT by Red_Beard]

Ignorant ones are, yes.

I switched to firefox recently because of its ability to block images and advertisements.

I'm able to make ar15.com into darn near text only version (much better than the lo-fi option because I can post and the layout is the same as regular) so I don't have to worry about seeing non-work friendly pictures when I'm browsing there.

Can IE allow you to easily control what websites are allowed to load images?

Also, firefox seems better at letting you really clear your browsing history.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:07:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chips:

really?

well, firefox runs nearly twice as fast as IE on my machine, it has the ability to be customized with an infinate amount and combination of extensions and themes, i only get about 1/10 of the adware i used to get now that i use firefox, and firefox is much more user friendly. it allows my to configure my browser to meet my needs.

i run two anti-spyware/adware programs, two virus scanners, and a firewall. i don't rely on firefox to keep me safe. i use it because it's the best browser i've ever used. so who's ignorant?

When I used Firefox it was slow and bloated. I didn't like the interface at all and I have no need for a 'customized' browser. Tabbed browsing would be nice, but not worth it to me to switch.

I'm not a fan of clutter, which is why I have my IE down to the necessary functions so it only takes up 2 small rows at the top. Afterall, I'm on the internet to be on the internet, not look at my sweet themed supercustomized broswer.

I have exactly zero popups/adware (according to the 3 adware progs and 2 virus progs.)

My "Firefox = ignorance" was sarcasm, hence the , so let's not start an e-war browser battle over it.

IE for me, firefox for others.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:10:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:

Ignorant ones are, yes.

I switched to firefox recently because of its ability to block images and advertisements.

I'm able to make ar15.com into darn near text only version (much better than the lo-fi option because I can post and the layout is the same as regular) so I don't have to worry about seeing non-work friendly pictures when I'm browsing there.

Can IE allow you to easily control what websites are allowed to load images?

Also, firefox seems better at letting you really clear your browsing history.

No it can't. Refer to my reply above.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:11:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:14:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:17:10 AM EDT

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Wow!
I wonder how many people here you offended with that arrogantcompletely true remark.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:22:12 AM EDT

I'm not a fan of clutter, which is why I have my IE down to the necessary functions so it only takes up 2 small rows at the top. Afterall, I'm on the internet to be on the internet, not look at my sweet themed supercustomized broswer.

I have exactly zero popups/adware (according to the 3 adware progs and 2 virus progs.)

My "Firefox = ignorance" was sarcasm, hence the , so let's not start an e-war browser battle over it.

IE for me, firefox for others.

well, to each their own

i didn't notice the earlier comment on IE users being ignorant, so i think we can let your comment slide
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:22:21 AM EDT
We need to stop the endless opinions and debating and move on to a more productive discourse.
For example, which is better- 9mm or 45ACP?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:25:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 667:
We need to stop the endless opinions and debating and move on to a more productive discourse.

what would you be using it for?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:28:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 667:

Well with the new security updates 9mm is becoming much more secure whereas the rising popularity of 45 has lead to more exploits developed... oh shit i'm so confused
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:36:40 AM EDT

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Wow!

Well I must be ignorant, because I have no interest in a browser that requires me to "learn how to use it."

I tried Firefox, for a few weeks, it had all sorts of "glitches", dont worry I was told, just download this patch, that patch, ect, ect. What caused me to dump it was that it kept losing all my settings, all my bookmarks, usually causing a crash which required a restart....IE is far from perfect, but firefox annoyed the hell out of me.

And, I have no spyware problem, my firewall, my add blocker combined with certain IE security settings seems to work very well for me. I must be ignorant.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:37:10 AM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:43:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
please don't fall for the FIREFOX is secure garbage. Firefox has more than a few of it's own security problems.

currently it is really no better or worse than IE. it's a personal preference.

And as more people use firefox, more addware is created to infect it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:00:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:04:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:05:59 AM EDT
Fuck the people who can't spell. Fuck the people who can spell. Fuck the people who care one way or another. Fuck me! Fuck you! Fuck everyone!!!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:06:21 AM EDT
Ispell doesnt work on firefox

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:31:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
i still prefer to just type as normal and ignore the spelling and grammar problems.

i am pretty sure my posts have caused a few anal retentive fucktards heads to explode.

+1

eye kould caer les abut speling natzies
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:09:03 AM EDT
Even though I've been known to chastize people for acting stupidly on bulletin boards, I generally leave the misspellers alone. If a post has mistakes in spelling or grammar, at least it shows they're typing it out themselves. Perfectly spelled and formatted messages are usually the result of some ignorant fucktard cutting and pasting an old, worn-out hoax that popped up in their inbox.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:53:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JavaMan:
Even though I've been known to chastize people for acting stupidly on bulletin boards, I generally leave the misspellers alone. If a post has mistakes in spelling or grammar, at least it shows they're typing it out themselves. Perfectly spelled and formatted messages are usually the result of some ignorant fucktard cutting and pasting an old, worn-out hoax that popped up in their inbox.

I think you missed a couple of posts in the Pit.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=378327&page=1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:55:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fizassist:

Ignorant ones are, yes.

Wow!
I wonder how many people here you offended with that arrogantcompletely true remark.

Still smarting over the beating your taking here .

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=130&t=378698&page=2
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:58:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:
I use all three browsers - actually four if you count Konkor (spelling - comes with some of the Linux distros vice FireFox).

I use IE as little as possible - it's slow and it sucks.
I use Opera as my main browser but not on this site.
At work I use FireFox.

I use lynx. Much better browser

Actually, Opera 8 for me. I would rather not use the internet at all than have to use IE.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:04:18 PM EDT
"IESpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension"

got one for Firefox?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:04:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:09:12 PM EDT
conform and accept.....or die.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:12:04 PM EDT

No, I didn't miss anything. But contrary to your own egotistical beliefs, everything on the internet does not revolve around you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:13:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JavaMan:

No, I didn't miss anything. But contrary to your own egotistical beliefs, everything on the internet does not revolve around you.

Are you sure
Top Top