Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2008 10:29:28 PM EDT
Where to start Im 23 and graduated this May with my degree in Finance, job field obviously sucks so Im going back for my Accounting degree in Jan. Will take me 8-10 more classes. In the mean time I'm working 2 part time jobs. Girlfriend is 23 and going to start school again this Jan also she's going for nursing, currently working at olive garden. We've been together for 6 months. She used to be a big party girl but now I pretty much have her under control and settled down.

Her step dad (who's been her dad since she was like 1) has hated me from the start because I dont talk to him. Well this guy is pissed off ALL the time and we dont really have much in common. Plus he hates me so why would I talk to him. He gets my blood boiling sometimes to because he will call his daughters "cunts" when he's mad. He's a fudd too and claimed he liked Obama but voted for The Mac. He had a pretty high up job (some kinda engineering) until he got fired for lying to his employer about him having a degree and they found out ( a few months ago). Anyways he's had a job or 2 since then in the related field. In his spare time he also smokes, and does mushrooms, and plays WOW, dungeons and dragons and other strange stuff. How do I deal with this guy? Ignore him try to make peace (through superior firepower) with him what? He likes to fish but he sucks at it too.

Her mom is ok kinda crazy though. She is a nurse but spends like all her spare time smoking. She's been nice with me and cool with me most of the time. She walked in right after we got done going at it a month ago and just laughed and shut the door. Never had a problem with me staying the night. Well today she went off about how I cant stay the night anymore because one time her little brother (whos like 17) walked into her room right when we got done and he saw my naked ass as I was putting my boxers back on. Her mind changes as the wind blows but for some reason I got really pissed over it today. I know her house her rules but Im wondering if step dad was behind it. How do I deal with mom?  PS step dad cheated on mom

About 2 weeks ago my g/f also said her parents were bitching about me saying "she can do better than me" blah blah blah. And that I'm somehow not going to go anywhere in life cuz I couldnt get a job with my Finance degree. As if they're oblivious to the economy and that fact I'm working 2 jobs right now and going back for my Accounting degree. We'll her step dad just got laid off again so maybe that will shut him up. They're also terrible with money and might get forclosed on but step dad and mom are going to leave all the kids behind and move up to their cabin up north and let the house get foreclosed on. The kiddies get to fend for themselves while dad plays Davey Crockett.

Im supposed to go to Thanksgiving dinner with the gf, and her family (her brothers and sisters are cool) but now I dont know if I should or how to do it because of her parents bizzare behavior and current unfounded hatred for me. What say the hive? [>:/]
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
May I be the first to say...

EJECT
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Marry her.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
May I be the first to say...

EJECT

Nah she likes to shoot, fish and camp and we get along good. Plus I get pie whenever I want.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe you guys should eat some mushrooms and sort it all out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sleep with the mom...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Her mother is your girlfriend's future self, with her stepfather's judgemental insecurities thrown in for fun.

EJECT EJECT EJECT

You'll forget all about her 23 girlfriends later.  Don't squander your youth and seemingly endless accessibility to young women right now.  If you're in your late 30s in a metro area  and single like myself, finding anything that can be considered a decent girlfriend is a disaster.

This girl is going to turn into a fucking nightmare.
This is also the type of girl that gets pregnant.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Let me get this straight.  You are:

1. Banging their daughter, in their house, with their knowledge.  
2. In college, but with no immediate path to being in a job that pays well.
3. Getting her calmed down, but still treating her like a party girl, in her parent's house.
4. Getting caught partially naked by her mom, and minor members of her family.
5. Not yet dead.

And you are surprised that you are disliked?

Oh sure, her parents are:

1. Dopers.
2. Gamers.
3. Disrespectful.
4. Jerks.
5. Poor.

And yet these are the only reasons you have been able to get the action on that you have been, especially in their home.  Someone outside of those circles might have either shot you, kicked you out, filed charges, or just raised a daughter who would have no interest in you.

As a parent, let me say the following:

1. You are getting off easy and are lucky to have only gotten verbal flack.
2. Are getting disrespect because you are being disrespectful.
3. Are actually making a bad situation worse.
4. Potentially breaking a law or two.
5. Heading for a bad future of your own choice.

Does that about cover it?

Oh, Thanksgiving?  That is the least of your worries...

Please, get your act together and all else will follow.  Maybe not with this family.  But hopefully before you make one of your own (intentionally or by accident).
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Eject Eject Eject.

Is the mom hot????
Bang Mom then Eject.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Kind of reminds me of a song. "don't piss on the electric fence" It was a ren and stimpy song. I think it was one of those commercials/board games that was on ren and stimpy....good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eject Eject Eject.

Is the mom hot????
Bang Mom then Eject.

Not smoking but better than avg.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Do whatever you want to do, but hell no, do not make any babies with that woman.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Also being a father of two daughters myself, I'd bitch slap you into oblivian for being a dope around me. No man will bang my daughters in my house under my watch. I don't give a fuck how old she is. Then again I don't do drugs and stuff like that. Sounds like a mess I wouldn't want to be in. She's probably going to end up like tard and you seem disrespectful. What happened to showing class?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Why is your gf still living at home at 23?

eta: where do you live?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let me get this straight.  You are:

1. Banging their daughter, in their house, with their knowledge.  
2. In college, but with no immediate path to being in a job that pays well.
3. Getting her calmed down, but still treating her like a party girl, in her parent's house.
4. Getting caught partially naked by her mom, and minor members of her family.
5. Not yet dead.

And you are surprised that you are disliked?

Oh sure, her parents are:

1. Dopers.
2. Gamers.
3. Disrespectful.
4. Jerks.
5. Poor.

And yet these are the only reasons you have been able to get the action on that you have been, especially in their home.  Someone outside of those circles might have either shot you, kicked you out, filed charges, or just raised a daughter who would have no interest in you.

As a parent, let me say the following:

1. You are getting off easy and are lucky to have only gotten verbal flack.
2. Are getting disrespect because you are being disrespectful.
3. Are actually making a bad situation worse.
4. Potentially breaking a law or two.
5. Heading for a bad future of your own choice.

Does that about cover it?

Oh, Thanksgiving?  That is the least of your worries...

Please, get your act together and all else will follow.  Maybe not with this family.  But hopefully before you make one of your own (intentionally or by accident).

Shot? Filed charges? That doesnt sound very realistic or logically. But you opinion is noted.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this a joke?  

really?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is this a joke?  

really?

Sounds a supposed adult acting like a kid, but they're out there. I've seen it, quite sad actually.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Her mother is your girlfriend's future self, with her stepfather's judgemental insecurities thrown in for fun.

EJECT EJECT EJECT

You'll forget all about her 23 girlfriends later.  Don't squander your youth and seemingly endless accessibility to young women right now.  If you're in your late 30s in a metro area  and single like myself, finding anything that can be considered a decent girlfriend is a disaster.

...the trashy ones are always so damn fertile.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Also being a father of two daughters myself, I'd bitch slap you into oblivian for being a dope around me. No man will bang my daughters in my house under my watch. I don't give a fuck how old she is. Then again I don't do drugs and stuff like that. Sounds like a mess I wouldn't want to be in. She's probably going to end up like tard and you seem disrespectful. What happened to showing class?

Her mom is cool with the sex.

How is not talking to him because he is pissed 24/7 = me being a dope?

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EJECT EJECT EJECT

Isn't that the damn truth. Either that or the really bitchey mean chicks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your having sex, with his step daughter....in his house.....very tasteless and disrespectful.....and you think it's funny.....which is fucked up in of itself. Your 23, your not a toys r us kid anymore.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Shot?  All it takes is for you to be an intruding ex-boyfriend stalker intent on rape in the police report.
Charges?  Flashing her little brother, even in accident in this day and age (presuming he is underaged) could make you a sex offender listed perv if presented to the police properly.

That was my drift: i.e. you are in a very tenuous position and all it would take is a small shove to put you over the ledge...

People have been toasted out on less.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

She went away to school like 2 years ago and ended up partying 24/7. Then moved back in with parents was still all about partying everynight etc. Since I've met her I've calmed her down and she goes out maybe 1 night a week, and is set to go back to school.

I am currently living at my parents house to minimize costs since I am going back to school. But I will be moving out as soon as I get my accounting degree and realated job. I do however pay all my own bills gas, phone, cc, food, insurance etc. As does she at her house.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EJECT EJECT EJECT

Isn't that the damn truth. Either that or the really bitchey mean chicks.

The pill FTW
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your having sex, with his step daughter....in his house.....very tasteless and disrespectful.....and you think it's funny.....which is fucked up in of itself. Your 23, your not a toys r us kid anymore.

But so are all his other children and their S/O's and he doesnt hate them.

Hell one of her sisters brings randoms home from the bar 3-4 nights a week and bangs them while the parents are home.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She went away to school like 2 years ago and ended up partying 24/7. Then moved back in with parents was still all about partying everynight etc. Since I've met her I've calmed her down and she goes out maybe 1 night a week, and is set to go back to school.

I am currently living at my parents house to minimize costs since I am going back to school. But I will be moving out as soon as I get my accounting degree and realated job. I do however pay all my own bills gas, phone, cc, food, insurance etc. As does she at her house.

I understand that. It makes financial sense.

That being said, its a choice for adults to live with their parents. Its not necessary, so I'd abide by the rules of their home until the two of you can move on, and create your own home.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Well it's not a joke, and i understand where your coming from I was 23 before, your asking for trouble. Find another chick. She still likes to go out once a week? Let me tell you something I have learned from that. I never known a chick that goes to a bar and goes there for *girl time* It will eventually get down to "Your not there enough for me, and he is" or some type of bullshit. I've seen it happen to too many friends and including myself. I have two daughters under that dumb bitch. I made alot of mistake's. Don't pull a jinxsters, especially if your trying to complete school, and get your shit together. Thew funny haha can turn into a funny Uhoh, and her parents are some dumb fucks for letting this go on and that's why this world if fucked up the way it is.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That being said, its a choice for adults to live with their parents. Its not necessary, so I'd abide by the rules of their home until the two of you can move on, and create your own home.

Im fine with that. But the dad hated me since day 1. since before I ever even kissed her.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#28]
You were warned, you are now in the I told you so zone.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im fine with that. But the dad hated me since day 1. since before I ever even kissed her.

Well, judging by your post here, you have a very low opinion of him and his family. Maybe that shines through, and he can pick up on your contempt of his family? <shrug>
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I dunno - I would like your dad was a FiL. I have very very little in common with mine.

People dont like their In-laws - thats life. Be civil and just avoid having to see them a lot.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shot?  All it takes is for you to be an intruding ex-boyfriend stalker intent on rape in the police report.
Charges?  Flashing her little brother, even in accident in this day and age (presuming he is underaged) could make you a sex offender listed perv if presented to the police properly.

That was my drift: i.e. you are in a very tenuous position and all it would take is a small shove to put you over the ledge...

People have been toasted out on less.

Intruding ex b/f stalker, and when she says Im not? Plus the dad is kind of a druggie he wouldnt call the cops, let alone shoot anyone.

He's 17 not sure on the age for that here.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm tired I need to go to bed. I just keep thinking about my daughters, but I obviously care about them. Some people look at their daughters like they're whores. Not good and not right. Better parenting should be involved very sad.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Well if you have a son, you only have to worry about one dick, if you have a daughter, you have to worry about thousands of them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, judging by your post here, you have a very low opinion of him and his family. Maybe that shines through, and he can pick up on your contempt of his family? <shrug>

I really didnt have a problem with him or his lifestyle etc until about 2 weeks ago. Would just say hi and bye and not say anything else to him really. When he was telling her "she could do better" then my opinion changed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#35]
is the pie that good?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Well I will wait patiently for the follow up:

"My crazy girlfriend cheated on me"

or

"My crazy girlfriend is pregnant"

or

"So the police came to my apartment tonight"

or

"I don't think our new baby is mine"

thread....
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well it's not a joke, and i understand where your coming from I was 23 before, your asking for trouble. Find another chick. She still likes to go out once a week? Let me tell you something I have learned from that. I never known a chick that goes to a bar and goes there for *girl time* It will eventually get down to "Your not there enough for me, and he is" or some type of bullshit. I've seen it happen to too many friends and including myself. I have two daughters under that dumb bitch. I made alot of mistake's. Don't pull a jinxsters, especially if your trying to complete school, and get your shit together. Thew funny haha can turn into a funny Uhoh, and her parents are some dumb fucks for letting this go on and that's why this world if fucked up the way it is.

Yeah I am always on alert when she goes out she will always go to a bar that some of my best friends are at so they can keep an eye on her. To date no funny stuff has gone on. I'd ideally like her to go out 0 nights a week as I dont drink much and dont really enjoy bars.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I dunno - I would like your dad was a FiL. I have very very little in common with mine.

People dont like their In-laws - thats life. Be civil and just avoid having to see them a lot.

Im thinking this is why the night before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest bar nights.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm tired I need to go to bed. I just keep thinking about my daughters, but I obviously care about them. Some people look at their daughters like they're whores. Not good and not right. Better parenting should be involved very sad.

Yeah her 2 youngest siblings just dropped out of high school and the parents dont even care.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Sometimes a situation is such a mess in all directions, advice doesn't really do anything. It's like throwing a diet coke on a bon fire because it claims it's thirsty.

It's just way beyond that point.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
is the pie that good?

8.5/10 Plus I get it alot or road head, hell any kind of head. I mean you go from alot to only a few times a month and thats a big difference IMO.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#42]
8.5 for a 23 year old woman is a 3.6 for a 35 year old woman
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#43]
ok, seriously, i got deja vu reading your first post.

my first love was the same way, lived with her mom and a loser step dad who both didnt care what happened.  but judged the morning after they were both sober.

my advice to you:

this girl, no matter how nice and cool/loving now will unintentionally learn from her mother and absent father.......

she will learn to see men as disposable and treat you accordingly.  (reference "her party days")  

she WILL use you and expect you to go away for the next swinging dick in line to move in.  

its sucks and i spent 3 1/2 years on a girl like that thinking i could fix all the problems before i realized that she was falling in her momma's footsteps and expecting to go through numerous marriages the rest of her life.    

good luck
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EJECT EJECT EJECT

The trashy ones ovulate 6 eggs at a time. Its scientifically proven, by 87 Ovulationist.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sometimes a situation is such a mess in all directions, advice doesn't really do anything. It's like throwing a diet coke on a bon fire because it claims it's thirsty.

Now this makes sense.

Wheres that Shit Storm pic?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

or

or

or

thread....

She's not crazy and their wont be a baby.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Perhaps the best advise can be summed up as "Marry Up!"  If you are only worth marrying down, then you need to man up and change.  You have time (that is until your privates put you in an unchangeable position) to get to where someone higher up on the ladder might want you.

At least try to marry up instead of just screwing yourself on down.

Oh, and if you marry her or have a baby with her, then every day will be lived with, around, in relation to, those people.  Just imagine how fun it will be when they are giving you marital or parenting advise.  

Try marrying into a family that might know enough that you want their advise or even enjoy their company for short periods of time.

Most people run from the four horsemen of the Apocalypse instead of trying to get permanently involved with them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

or

or

thread....

She's not crazy and their wont be a baby.

that's good to know, you're in the clear....
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
ok, seriously, i got deja vu reading your first post.

my first love was the same way, lived with her mom and a loser step dad who both didnt care what happened.  but judged the morning after they were both sober.

my advice to you:

this girl, no matter how nice and cool/loving now will unintentionally learn from her mother and absent father.......

she will learn to see men as disposable and treat you accordingly.  (reference "her party days")  

she WILL use you and expect you to go away for the next swinging dick in line to move in.  

its sucks and i spent 3 1/2 years on a girl like that thinking i could fix all the problems before i realized that she was falling in her momma's footsteps and expecting to go through numerous marriages the rest of her life.    

good luck

She loves me alot. However I've heard many stories like your's and have had some of the same thoughts and been burned by a few girls in the past. Therefore I've learned you can never let your guard down.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps the best advise can be summed up as "Marry Up!"  If you are only worth marrying down, then you need to man up and change.  You have time (that is until your privates put you in an unchangeable position) to get to where someone higher up on the ladder might want you.

At least try to marry up instead of just screwing yourself on down.

Oh, and if you marry her or have a baby with her, then every day will be lived with, around, in relation to, those people.  Just imagine how fun it will be when they are giving you marital or parenting advise.  

Try marrying into a family that might know enough that you want their advise or even enjoy their company for short periods of time.

Most people run from the four horsemen of the Apocalypse instead of trying to get permanently involved with them.

I prefer not to judge her by her parents. But the rest of your post is indeed some scary stuff to think about.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top