Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2009 2:05:30 PM EDT
Gents,

(This is Coltman77's son, Sean.  I've yet to join the site, but I intend to in the near future.)

Anyhow, my dad and I used to have a delightful mailman.  He was friendly and even dished the dirt on some of my more insane neighbors*.

(*When I say insane, I'm not kidding.  One person was determined that bird shit on her mailbox was –– I kid you not –– Anthrax.  The same lunatic talks to invisible [presumably] people in her yard, told another neighbor that she could levitate ... eh.  You get the idea.  I could keep going about that psycho and it's irrelevant.)

Not too long ago, however, The Good Mailman (tm) was replaced by a real shitheel.  Literally every damned time I've had a "delivery confirmation" package arrive, the putz will literally throw the package near my front doorstep and scurry back to his truck without even bothering to ring the doorbell.

Further, this jackass –– always talking on his cell when I see him –– once didn't even bother to walk down and deliver a package to my house because there weren't any cars in the driveway.  He left a notice that I needed to either reschedule delivery OR pick the fucking thing up myself :-|

But what this cocksucker did today went beyond laziness.  I'm anticipating at least two packages, one of which is of significant value.  I was at the computer earlier, about to conclude my work for the day (I'm a free-lance copy editor), and I watched this prick zoom down the opposite side of my street.  He stopped at a couple of mailboxes, went up a cul-de-sac north of my house, then saw him haul ass back down aforesaid side of street and, a'la Mario Andretti, he turned and raced past my side of the street, turned the corner and disappeared.

Long story made short:  the dick skipped delivering mail to at least 20 houses.  

I was about to leave as this was happening, so I caught up to the fellow on an adjacent block.  He saw fit to deliver a package there ... but now, some two hours later, the mailbox "flags" on my street are still up.

If this were a one-time thing, I'd shrug it off:  it's entirely possible the guy would have some reason, however half-assed, for skipping half a block only to deliver on another.

But that's the crux of the matter:  it ain't a one-time thing.  This moron's not only made me jump through hoops to simply collect my mail (and so on and so forth), but he's even gone so far as to stuff packages into my mailbox that ... well, how he got them in there, I don't know.  I'm a bodybuilder and consider myself a reasonably strong guy, but holy fuck:  this clown managed to shove a ten-pound package into a four-pound box!

For the short-attention span crowd, I apologize ... I know that's an extremely long-winded way to go about asking a rather simple question:

How can I effectively lodge a complaint against my shithead mailman?

I've tried USPS's site; it's as useful as tits on a boar for that purpose (and, I'm sure, for good reason:  if I were a USPS employee, I'd probably protect my own, too).

Any and all input's appreciated.  

Thanks, ARF ....

-Sean
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Go into the Post Office that he operates out of and file a formal complaint against him––with his boss.

HH
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Go into the Post Office that he operates out of and file a formal complaint against him––with his boss.

HH

Thats all you can really do.

And in before the Beekeeper1 says,

<Please do not use any form of the F-word in thread titles. Thanks TBK1>
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

HH

This.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If I recall correctly, larger processing centers are scored on how well their deliver their packages, and the manager's pay can be linked to this.  I bet they'd be quite interested to know about your mailman.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]
the fedex guy is like that for me..

he doesn't even ring the bell, he just throws my packages under my car and leaves a note on my car
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Contact his boss....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
See avatar

<––––––––––-
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

HH

There is a delivery supervisor there.  Talk to him/her
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Been there, done that...most postal workers are just that, postal workers. The mgrs are scared shi'ite-less of the union and won't dare piss them off. They're bosses won't do squat to them and they know it.

Good luck my friend, we lucked-out and our problem finally resigned. Our new carrier is great, the old one was a bitch with a capital "C".
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

There is a delivery supervisor there.  Talk to him/her

I have done this before and it DOES get results.

If a carrier fucks up, this is the guy/gal who takes the heat.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
wow, all this over a post man?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
i had a similar problem with our old mail-carrier.  i called the toll free number in the phone book, which puts you in contact with a regional head office.  i relayed my complaints, and the next day, the local office called and apologized.  i never had another problem.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

HH

This works in my experience. In my case mine must not have been the only complaint, he was replaced the next day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Complain to the postmaster of your zip code. Tell them exactly what you saw,  no more, no less.

There are plenty of good people looking for jobs right now; give one of them his job.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#15]
You are so screwed now!

Your mail is now gonna go to the lunatics house.

Any, and all mail you receive from now, will be from NAMBLA.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
His 'boss' would be the postmaster for that facility. In all seriousness, PMs generally don't allow carriers to fail routes like that. File a formal complaint.

If that fails, the bigger hammer is the Postal Inspection Service. These guys (and gals) do not fsck around... Complaint Form

HTH

m
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Complain to the postmaster of the station he/she works out of.  Your neighbors also need to complain if applicable.

We had a situation just like this several years ago.  Fat lazy carrier would throw packages under the mailbox, sometimes in the street, but usually at the wrong address despite being properly marked.

Several neighbors (more than a dozen) banded together and called, wrote and visited the postmaster with numerous incidents of mis-deliveries, damaged packages, and skipped deliveries in the span of one week.

We had a new carrier starting the following Monday.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Not to worry, he will be transferred to the new Office Of Obamacare with the rest of the super efficient USPS staff and ACORN will be delivering your mail after censorship.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#19]
put Anthrax in your box
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Use the USPS site to send an email to the great postmaster in the sky....Then this dude's boss is going to be calling you asap.  That is how you get their attention, but then they can also lose your mail occasionally because of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Goddamnedest case of foul-assed language I've ever seen!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Document everything.   Submit it the postmaster.   Squeaky wheels get the grease.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
put Anthrax in your box

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
put Anthrax in your box

The FBI is now watching.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Get some of your neighbors to document issues along with you, submit to your Postmaster.  They generally take that kind of crap quite seriously.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a similar situation. The mail carrier that delivers in my neighborhood is a rather cute girl about the same age as I. I've exchanged greetings with her a few times but that's about it. I normally have no problem picking up girls, but can't seem to think of anything clever to say, aside from asking how fast the mailtruck goes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Given that you've taken the Lord's name in vain (something even I don't do; and, yes, I am indeed often profane), I can only assume you're being sarcastic?

I mean, seriously:  your sole purpose in the thread is to play Mr. Self-Righteous and nitpick my language?  

IF you're actually for real, please refer your stiff-collared self to Google, whereupon you might search for the Style Over Substance fallacy –– assuming, of course, that you're not being sarcastic (whatwith the stupid focus on my "countless" profane words *rolls eyes*)  

Since you've given me no reason to think otherwise, I can only further presume that you're one of those morons who believes swearing's somehow synonymous with a limited intellect.  If the latter is indeed the case, I recommend you extend thy Google research to include bifurcation a.k.a. the false dilemma a.k.a. the false dichotomy a.k.a. the black-and-white fallacy a.k.a. the either-or fallacy (among several others:  it's the same thing.  Essentially, according to that precept, you're being a simple-minded fuck).  

Incidentally, since I (Sean, not the primary account holder:  kindly don't hold this against him, "genius religious man") do have an MA in linguistics, you might be interested to know that, without fail,  I've yet to meet a professor who believe the words "fuck" or "shit" have even modestly satisfactory euphemisms.  (Sorry:  "crap" will never have the same impact nor utility as "shit.")

Perhaps fuck, shit et al. offend you –– but then, that's not our problem.  If you miss the boat because you're all hung up on a couple of "cussie words," I can only guess that's so given a wacky interpretation of your religion.

If that is indeed the case, I'm here to tell ya, buddy:  you'd best pull your head out of your ass.  Earlier today, I fed and clothed a street person that lives in the woods behind my girlfriend Alison's place –– yet, some stupid, self-satisfied ass like you wants to judge me given the fact that I write words like "cocksucker" and "shit" in an Internet post.

That's so typical, but it's still so damned insulting:  fellow self-proclaimed "Christians" who get all excited over someone saying "fuck" but who don't do a FUCKING THING when it comes to TRULY heeding Christ's words.

I'm through with you.  If you were joking (apropos your handle), I do sincerely apologize ... however, you gave me no indication that you were teasing.  What you said was inflammatory and, in other forums, I'd let you know that I can document what I say with pics.  Somehow, methinks you cannot –– but then, you didn't anticipate as much when you tried to derail the topic withyour stupid "oooh, bad language" trolling, did you?

Many thanks to all of the ON-topic replies.  My apologies that I've not attended you ... long story made short, I've had an incredibly rotten day, and this red herring nitpick bitch of a guy caught me at the worst possible time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Been there, done that...most postal workers are just that, postal workers. The mgrs are scared shi'ite-less of the union and won't dare piss them off. They're bosses won't do squat to them and they know it.

+1
It will be easier to capture Bigfoot than to get a Postal Worked in trouble.  He may get talked to but they cant raise their voices or make any threats while doing it.
I cant wait till they run Healrh Care also.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

HH

40+ years Postal experience in my family.
Your complaint will go unresolved.
Safety, attendance, and violence are the only issues that can get carriers disciplined, and ultimately fired.
(Could take up to 24 months through arbitration)
Productivity and job performance are non issues. NALC and Obama assures this.
Management knows it, and does not want the paperwork headache. Nothing will happen complaining about carrier performance.
Seriously

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Given that you've taken the Lord's name in vain (something even I don't do; and, yes, I am indeed often profane), I can only assume you're being sarcastic?

I mean, seriously:  your sole purpose in the thread is to play Mr. Self-Righteous and nitpick my language?  

IF you're actually for real, please refer your stiff-collared self to Google, whereupon you might search for the Style Over Substance fallacy –– assuming, of course, that you're not being sarcastic (whatwith the stupid focus on my "countless" profane words *rolls eyes*)  

Since you've given me no reason to think otherwise, I can only further presume that you're one of those morons who believes swearing's somehow synonymous with a limited intellect.  If the latter is indeed the case, I recommend you extend thy Google research to include bifurcation a.k.a. the false dilemma a.k.a. the false dichotomy a.k.a. the black-and-white fallacy a.k.a. the either-or fallacy (among several others:  it's the same thing.  Essentially, according to that precept, you're being a simple-minded fuck).  

Incidentally, since I (Sean, not the primary account holder:  kindly don't hold this against him, "genius religious man") do have an MA in linguistics, you might be interested to know that, without fail,  I've yet to meet a professor who believe the words "fuck" or "shit" have even modestly satisfactory euphemisms.  (Sorry:  "crap" will never have the same impact nor utility as "shit.")

Perhaps fuck, shit et al. offend you –– but then, that's not our problem.  If you miss the boat because you're all hung up on a couple of "cussie words," I can only guess that's so given a wacky interpretation of your religion.

If that is indeed the case, I'm here to tell ya, buddy:  you'd best pull your head out of your ass.  Earlier today, I fed and clothed a street person that lives in the woods behind my girlfriend Alison's place –– yet, some stupid, self-satisfied ass like you wants to judge me given the fact that I write words like "cocksucker" and "shit" in an Internet post.

That's so typical, but it's still so damned insulting:  fellow self-proclaimed "Christians" who get all excited over someone saying "fuck" but who don't do a FUCKING THING when it comes to TRULY heeding Christ's words.

I'm through with you.  If you were joking (apropos your handle), I do sincerely apologize ... however, you gave me no indication that you were teasing.  What you said was inflammatory and, in other forums, I'd let you know that I can document what I say with pics.  Somehow, methinks you cannot –– but then, you didn't anticipate as much when you tried to derail the topic withyour stupid "oooh, bad language" trolling, did you?

Many thanks to all of the ON-topic replies.  My apologies that I've not attended you ... long story made short, I've had an incredibly rotten day, and this red herring nitpick bitch of a guy caught me at the worst possible time.
Well said.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#31]
The undelivered mail is going "somewhere", I'd go up the chain and tell the highest person you can get that the mail is not being delivered, houses are being skipped, and you also suspect theft of your mail or that it is getting dumped. [same thing] You'd be surprised at what they can do to check and see if mail is getting dumped or stashed somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
See avatar

<––––––––––-

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Regardless what the other postal service people said,Call the postmaster or better yet go see him and tell him what is going on.If it happens again do the same and TELL him you will contact your senator or congressman about the problem if it is not resolved.Management ISNT afraid of the union and they will take action on serious problems and it sounds like they need to fire the asshole for the way he is delivering mail.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I have had to deal with a similar situation in the past.  I went in to my local Post Office and asked to speak with the postmaster.  I sat down and talked with him for twenty minutes, he listened to every word.  My problem was solved.  Talk to the postmaster.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Yeah, buddy, sarcasm was the name of the game.  Note MY gratuitous use of vulgar language in the above post.  

This is GD, you have to expect smart-ass answers/contributions.

Chillax.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Yeah, buddy, sarcasm was the name of the game.  Note MY gratuitous use of vulgar language in the above post.  
Chillax.

BOTH OF YOU QUIT WITH THE BAD FUCKING LANGUAGE.  I'M SERIOUS.  I'LL TURN THIS THREAD AROUND AND TAKE YOU BOTH OUT TO THE FUCKING WOODSHED!
I'LL SHIP YOU OFF TO MILITARY SCHOOL, WITH THE GODDAMN FINKELSTEIN SHIT KID SON OF A BITCH.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

after you go talk to the postmaster, swing by NAPA or AutoZone and get your sarcasm detector calibrated.  Then go to a carwash, rent a powerwash booth, and waterblast the sand out of your vagina.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I had the same problem and lived with it. It turns out our mail man is a disabled vet and one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet.
It seems he had a head injury that was causing him some problems.

Some other folks complained and he stopped by to apologize to everyone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Shovels were made for a reason.

Put one to good use.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Claymores
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Document- date, time, occurance(s).

Video of said worker not doing their job.

Nice letter signed by yourself and neighbors.

Submit to local Postmaster.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

HH

THIS
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#43]
A few times the local mailman has dumped all the mail for the entire block into one mailbox and left.  We went by the post office a couple times and told them what happened, they fixed it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

This.

That; they'll probably give him a talking to as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chillax.

BOTH OF YOU QUIT WITH THE BAD FUCKING LANGUAGE.  I'M SERIOUS.  I'LL TURN THIS THREAD AROUND AND TAKE YOU BOTH OUT TO THE FUCKING WOODSHED!

I'LL SHIP YOU OFF TO MILITARY SCHOOL, WITH THE GODDAMN FINKELSTEIN SHIT KID SON OF A BITCH.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I hate the media...

But this is one thing that the media can blow out of proportion in a way that only they know how.

It would be hillarious if you could tell your story to the local news outlet, get them to digitize your voice like you are a secret witness, then let the media turds go on a stake out in an unmarked vehicle to capture his daily hijinks.   Seems the local media loves to parrot this catch phrase "working for you" and do these kinds of community policing activities cause then they get to use it in their self promoting advertisements.

I can just see them spending a few days getting the footage, then going all Chris Hansen on the dude asking him to explain what he's watching on the TV monitor as he tries to back track.

I HATE the media, I even hate the self promoting nonsense they do.   But the postal dude's actions piss me off and he could stand to use some grief and unwanted attention.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chillax.

That's the spirit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Have you tried to talk to him yet?

I would just have a meeting of the minds with him, and elucidate my concerns.  Also, a palm branch before the stick will help.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Sermonator

A close relative to the Self-Promoter, the Sermonator trolls various comment forums to find some way to divert the conversation to his favorite subject –– most often something related to morals, religion or a particular political view. No discussion is too interesting and no community too engaged for the Sermonator to subvert into a tedious homily on his topic of choice.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
i had a similar problem with our old mail-carrier.  i called the toll free number in the phone book, which puts you in contact with a regional head office.  i relayed my complaints, and the next day, the local office called and apologized.  i never had another problem.

This is probably the wisest option.   Go regional.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top